Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Is Trump good for the GOP?
This poll is closed.
Yes
25.93%
7 25.93%
No
40.74%
11 40.74%
Not ideal, but might be the best chance to be voted in
7.41%
2 7.41%
I wish they'd focus on a less polarizing candidate
25.93%
7 25.93%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TRUMP: Good for the GOP? Or, nah?

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2023, 11:20 PM by Lucky2Last.)

(07-13-2023, 10:52 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-13-2023, 10:34 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Sure thing, pal. Just like they can't figure out who owns the coke. Epstein didn't kill himself.

I guess "they" are getting sloppy. 
I can meet you at the Jax Beach Margaritaville, if you rent the bulldozers.

You don't need to put "they" in quotes. There is a group that somehow consistently fails to do their job when it seems like someone powerful might have done something wrong. You keep believing in our open and honest government and media, lol.

No idea what your second sentence is about.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-13-2023, 11:19 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(07-13-2023, 10:52 PM)mikesez Wrote: I guess "they" are getting sloppy. 
I can meet you at the Jax Beach Margaritaville, if you rent the bulldozers.

You don't need to put "they" in quotes. There is a group that somehow consistently fails to do their job when it seems like someone powerful might have done something wrong. You keep believing in our open and honest government and media, lol.

No idea what your second sentence is about.

Jimmy Buffet's name was in Ghislaine Maxwells little black book.  Yet he's never been prosecuted! How can that be? Those kids need us to avenge them!
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

This is why people don't take you seriously.

This one’s for Marty.   Tongue

https://youtube.com/shorts/Flgm7BGmFFM?feature=share

Ugh... every time you post those tiktok style videos, I get stuck watching stupid stuff for an hour. I got things to do, man!

(07-13-2023, 11:05 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-12-2023, 11:44 PM)p_rushing Wrote: It proves that politics attracts poor characters who are looking to get power and money. If the feds treated other administrations like they treated Trump, you would see the same or more criminals. You have the president and his family making millions off his position and yet nothing has been done about it.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

I'm not saying you should feel good about Hunter Biden getting tapped for corporate board positions when he is totally unqualified.  Or Chelsea Clinton getting a c-suite job at a hedge fund right out of college. I get angry about that and so should you. 
However
If I was Hunter Biden, and I was offered that job, would I say no?
And if we really think it's wrong, should we try to make it illegal? Is that the society we want, where the kids and family of politicians have to live like monks basically?
We know Hunter Biden broke the law, but the crime doesn't seem to be related to any political decision his father made. Chelsea, we don't know what she does for that hedge fund, but as far as I know, Chelsea and the hedge fund have never been accused of anything illegal.
There are job requirements that American companies have to provide and that could be used to judge experience and education across the company and industry.

It would be easy to keep the family from getting new jobs if they don't have the experience or if the pay is too high for the industry. You could also ensure hours match and it's not just a fake job.

International stuff is harder to stop but they should either outright ban international work/deals or require everything to be reviewed to ensure it matches industry standards, company history, and follows approval timing and compares against other government permits, environmental reviews, etc.

Everyone in the family should be under automatic audit and investigation for all politicians. Frankly you should have to turnover assets into trusts to manage them while you work for the government.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 07-15-2023, 09:33 AM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-15-2023, 01:28 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-13-2023, 11:05 AM)mikesez Wrote: I'm not saying you should feel good about Hunter Biden getting tapped for corporate board positions when he is totally unqualified.  Or Chelsea Clinton getting a c-suite job at a hedge fund right out of college. I get angry about that and so should you. 
However
If I was Hunter Biden, and I was offered that job, would I say no?
And if we really think it's wrong, should we try to make it illegal? Is that the society we want, where the kids and family of politicians have to live like monks basically?
We know Hunter Biden broke the law, but the crime doesn't seem to be related to any political decision his father made.  Chelsea, we don't know what she does for that hedge fund, but as far as I know, Chelsea and the hedge fund have never been accused of anything illegal.
There are job requirements that American companies have to provide and that could be used to judge experience and education across the company and industry.

It would be easy to keep the family from getting new jobs if they don't have the experience or if the pay is too high for the industry. You could also ensure hours match and it's not just a fake job.

International stuff is harder to stop but they should either outright ban international work/deals or require everything to be reviewed to ensure it matches industry standards, company history, and follows approval timing and compares against other government permits, environmental reviews, etc.

Everyone in the family should be under automatic audit and investigation for all politicians. Frankly you should have to turnover assets into trusts to manage them while you work for the government.

That's a whole new section of US code.
And it would only apply to families of politicians?
Consider Elizabeth Warren's kids.  They were grown when their mom first ran for office.  Should these adults suddenly be subjected to legal scrutiny in all their financial affairs just because their mom changed careers? That kind of thing would really deter a lot of people from getting into politics.  Even if they had no intent of acquiring corrupt money, they wouldn't want to deal with the hassle or impose the hassle on their families.

(07-15-2023, 09:32 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-15-2023, 01:28 AM)p_rushing Wrote: There are job requirements that American companies have to provide and that could be used to judge experience and education across the company and industry.

That's a whole new section of US code.
Consider Elizabeth Warren's kids.  They were grown when their mom first ran for office.  Should these adults suddenly be subjected to legal scrutiny in all their financial affairs just because their mom changed careers? That kind of thing would really deter a lot of people from getting into politics.  Even if they had no intent of acquiring corrupt money, they wouldn't want to deal with the hassle or impose the hassle on their families.
I guess you don't understand how corrupt the politicians are. There are ways to fix it with term limits, shrinking the government, etc but that's less likely to happen. If you don't want to open your finances, then don't run. Being a politician should be a temporary service job, it shouldn't be a career with retirement and enabling everyone of them to get rich.

(07-13-2023, 08:17 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: You should have. All of politics is exhausting right now, especially if you want to know the truth of anything. I would have to spend time learning about stuff I don't care about. That's textbook exhausting.

I can almost guarantee there's more to the story than what was presented by Ted Lieu. But I just don't care to break it down. It's rare that a politician tries to be unbiased and present information in an open and contextual way.

LOL

You didn't watch the clip and you're trying to spin it

It's just basic information that is indisputable that also happens to make Drumpf look like an incompetent loser, but yeah, we ALL should have seen that coming.

(07-15-2023, 12:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-13-2023, 08:17 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: You should have. All of politics is exhausting right now, especially if you want to know the truth of anything. I would have to spend time learning about stuff I don't care about. That's textbook exhausting.

I can almost guarantee there's more to the story than what was presented by Ted Lieu. But I just don't care to break it down. It's rare that a politician tries to be unbiased and present information in an open and contextual way.

LOL

It's just basic information that is indisputable that also happens to make Drumpf look like an incompetent loser, but yeah, we ALL should have seen that coming.

One of your endearing qualities is your trust that a conviction means the defendant was guilty. It's naïve of course, but endearing. Would that your faith in the system was not so misplaced.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-15-2023, 12:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-15-2023, 12:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

One of your endearing qualities is your trust that a conviction means the defendant was guilty. It's naïve of course, but endearing. Would that your faith in the system was not so misplaced.

Every single conviction listed is some very basic "letter of the law" stuff.

Very little grey area to spin here, bud. 

But then again - that was my point, right?? 

Actual facts and truth don't support your narrative?? Just go with "YOU'RE NAIVE because you don't believe in my conspiracy theory, you little sheep of the system!" 

LOL
Sure

(07-15-2023, 11:37 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-15-2023, 09:32 AM)mikesez Wrote: That's a whole new section of US code.
I guess you don't understand how corrupt the politicians are. There are ways to fix it with term limits, shrinking the government, etc but that's less likely to happen. If you don't want to open your finances, then don't run. Being a politician should be a temporary service job, it shouldn't be a career with retirement and enabling everyone of them to get rich.

Again with the term limits.
Some of the most problematic politicians we have would only be minimally affected by term limits.  Many go from state house, to state senate, to us house, to us senate.  Assuming an 8 year stint in the first three, then 12 in us senate, that's 36 years.  Most of a career.  It's a career job, even with term limits.

(07-15-2023, 12:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

LOL

I absolutely watched the clip. I've already admitted in this thread that Trump didn't drain the swamp. I've already admitted in other threads that there are charlatans at the highest level that attach themselves to trump and, at times even include trump. I've already assumed that some people in his cabinet, broke laws. 

I'm not basing my statement on any facts (which i stated explicitly) , but rather a long history of watching politicians be selective with their facts. Why do you assume this guy created a holistic picture? 

Imo, your eagerness to dismiss my point by attacking my diligence should be an indicator to you that your more invested in your narrative than the truth. It would be one thing if you challenged me to present an alternative context, but you don't even care. So what's the point? Why should anyone bother?

(07-15-2023, 02:48 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(07-15-2023, 12:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

I absolutely watched the clip. I've already admitted in this thread that Trump didn't drain the swamp. I've already admitted in other threads that there are charlatans at the highest level that attach themselves to trump and, at times even include trump. I've already assumed that some people in his cabinet, broke laws. 

I'm not basing my statement on any facts (which i stated explicitly) , but rather a long history of watching politicians be selective with their facts. Why do you assume this guy created a holistic picture? 

Imo, your eagerness to dismiss my point by attacking my diligence should be an indicator to you that your more invested in your narrative than the truth. It would be one thing if you challenged me to present an alternative context, but you don't even care. So what's the point? Why should anyone bother?

Saying "there's more to the story" when the whole story is a bunch of simple facts makes zero sense.

The WHOLE "story" was simply a list of black and with irrefutable truths about Trump's systematic hiring and appointment of staff who were rapidly indicted by various other Trump appointees. 

How the heck is there more to it? These are things that happened. 
I guess there is one sentence that could be picked apart wherein Lieu connects a few dots after the series of questions, but the "STORY" is the laughable string of criminals among Trump's staff and the prosecutors he appointed who were unwilling to play ball and look the other way. 

It paints a clear picture of incompetence. 

Spin it however you want.
Make it about me with some psycho-babble. 
Tell me what the "real problem is" LOL (that's called deflection - it's in about 30% of your responses by my count this week)
Or take the probably wiser approach above "why even bother"

(07-15-2023, 12:55 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-15-2023, 11:37 AM)p_rushing Wrote: I guess you don't understand how corrupt the politicians are. There are ways to fix it with term limits, shrinking the government, etc but that's less likely to happen. If you don't want to open your finances, then don't run. Being a politician should be a temporary service job, it shouldn't be a career with retirement and enabling everyone of them to get rich.

Again with the term limits.
Some of the most problematic politicians we have would only be minimally affected by term limits.  Many go from state house, to state senate, to us house, to us senate.  Assuming an 8 year stint in the first three, then 12 in us senate, that's 36 years.  Most of a career.  It's a career job, even with term limits.
If you stop the insider trading, bribes, contracts to their companies, and other crimes, they won't be able to get rich. Then the term limits work as they won't do it if they can't make more money.

You also need total term limits, not limits on positions.

(07-15-2023, 08:00 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-15-2023, 12:55 PM)mikesez Wrote: Again with the term limits.
If you stop the insider trading, bribes, contracts to their companies, and other crimes, they won't be able to get rich. Then the term limits work as they won't do it if they can't make more money.

You also need total term limits, not limits on positions.

And if we force them to eat nothing but Skittles, they'll fart rainbows.

Seriously though, your ideas require amending human nature and the Constitution.

My ideas have already been implemented with success in 2 states.

A little blurb of Trump news:

Trump has attempted to block the Fulton county DA from investigating him for election interference.
The Georgia Supreme Court has ruled today that it will not block the investigation.
( The DA is expected to indict Trump sometime before September 1st)

(07-17-2023, 08:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: A little blurb of Trump news:

Trump has attempted to block the Fulton county DA from investigating him for election interference.
The Georgia Supreme Court has ruled today that it will not block the investigation.

For all of you keeping track of all the Trump indictments, here is another one coming down the pike for him:

https://www.axios.com/2023/07/18/trump-t...jack-smith

(07-18-2023, 12:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-17-2023, 08:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: A little blurb of Trump news:

For all of you keeping track of all the Trump indictments, here is another one coming down the pike for him:

https://www.axios.com/2023/07/18/trump-t...jack-smith

Meh, just another handjob for the TDS crowd.

However, I skimmed over an article yesterday where some pundit hypothesized that Trump will eventually make a plea deal to avoid further prosecution by agreeing not to run. There’s a possibility that could happen with further incentive from states attempting to keep him off the ballot. The pundit also said that would clear a path for Chris Christie, which would be fine by me.