Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Is Trump good for the GOP?
This poll is closed.
Yes
25.93%
7 25.93%
No
40.74%
11 40.74%
Not ideal, but might be the best chance to be voted in
7.41%
2 7.41%
I wish they'd focus on a less polarizing candidate
25.93%
7 25.93%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TRUMP: Good for the GOP? Or, nah?

(This post was last modified: 07-18-2023, 03:05 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-18-2023, 12:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-18-2023, 12:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: For all of you keeping track of all the Trump indictments, here is another one coming down the pike for him:

https://www.axios.com/2023/07/18/trump-t...jack-smith

Meh, just another handjob for the TDS crowd.

However, I skimmed over an article yesterday where some pundit hypothesized that Trump will eventually make a plea deal to avoid further prosecution by agreeing not to run. There’s a possibility that could happen with further incentive from states attempting to keep him off the ballot. The pundit also said that would clear a path for Chris Christie, which would be fine by me.

As I understand it, for a plea bargain, you have to plead guilty and get convicted or else there is no bargain.  It's not about avoiding prosecution,  it's about avoiding a trial.

Although it might be in Trump's rational interest, I don't see him ever doing that.

But I agree with you, this would be a good outcome for everyone.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-18-2023, 12:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: For all of you keeping track of all the Trump indictments, here is another one coming down the pike for him:

However, I skimmed over an article yesterday where some pundit hypothesized that Trump will eventually make a plea deal to avoid further prosecution by agreeing not to run. There’s a possibility that could happen with further incentive from states attempting to keep him off the ballot. The pundit also said that would clear a path for Chris Christie, which would be fine by me.

*Another chance for the Truth Denying Syndrome crowd to mislabel it a "witch hunt"

(07-18-2023, 03:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-18-2023, 12:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Meh, just another handjob for the TDS crowd.

*Another chance for the Truth Denying Syndrome crowd to mislabel it a "witch hunt"

Repeat after me, boys and girls, “Russia, Russia, Russia!”

Just more posturing. Nothing more.

Totally disagree with the pundit.  There is no way the plea would include an offset Not to run for President.  This would totally undermine the entire judicial system as it would appear the indictment was about preventing Trumps bid for president.   Any plea deal would most likely simply include that in exchange for Trump pleading guilty, he would avoid jail time.  That said, Trump would never accept that knowing he'll have a trail by jury hearing with a Trump favorable Miami judge presiding over the case.

(This post was last modified: 07-18-2023, 08:19 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-18-2023, 05:03 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(07-18-2023, 12:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Meh, just another handjob for the TDS crowd.

Totally disagree with the pundit.  There is no way the plea would include an offset Not to run for President.  This would totally undermine the entire judicial system as it would appear the indictment was about preventing Trumps bid for president.   Any plea deal would most likely simply include that in exchange for Trump pleading guilty, he would avoid jail time.  That said, Trump would never accept that knowing he'll have a trail by jury hearing with a Trump favorable Miami judge presiding over the case.

There are federal laws that say, in their penalty clause, a convicted person may not hold office.  The insurrection act (which he has not yet been charged under) is one.  The espionage act (which he has been charged under) is not one.
If Trump were ever indicted under a law like the insurrection act, a plea deal saying "no jail time but you can't run for office" would make sense.
But as far as I know, the charges in Miami don't include any of those laws. 
But Jack Smith isn't done yet, as Trump himself told us today.

(07-18-2023, 12:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-17-2023, 08:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: A little blurb of Trump news:

Trump has attempted to block the Fulton county DA from investigating him for election interference.
The Georgia Supreme Court has ruled today that it will not block the investigation.
( The DA is expected to indict Trump sometime before September 1st)

For all of you keeping track of all the Trump indictments, here is another one coming down the pike for him:

Just tacking on another legal woe for our former criminal in chief:

Quote:U.S. District Court Judge Lewis Kaplan just DENIED Trump's request to throw out the verdict from E. Jean Carroll's civil lawsuit against him, continuing his latest string of legal losses.

Judge Kaplan released a 59-page decision on the matter, rejecting Trump’s arguments that the verdict was a “miscarriage of justice” and that the jury reached a "seriously erroneous result."

Trump was trying to reduce the size of the $5 million dollars in damages awarded to Carroll by arguing that he was not found guilty of “rape” by a jury. The judge retorted that he was still found liable for sexual assault, and that most people would still refer to that as "rape."

Part of the verdict was also due to Trumps defamatory comments about Carroll, which he continues to make on a regular basis.

This [BLEEP] just can't learn how to get out of his own way

Hey NYC.  Tell us how you feel about President Trump.

TDS is real.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-19-2023, 02:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Hey NYC.  Tell us how you feel about President Trump.

TDS is real.

Yes 
Truth Denying Syndrome is very real among the Trump cultists. 

By the way, I'm not telling you how I feel. 
You don't really want that.

I am providing you with basic facts surrounding the former president's criminality and the ongoing investigations and indictments that have ensued. 

I hope you feel free to refute any of these basic facts if you disagree with their validity. 
Please go ahead and prove me wrong.

Oh brother.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-19-2023, 03:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-19-2023, 02:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Hey NYC.  Tell us how you feel about President Trump.

TDS is real.

Yes 

I am providing you with basic facts surrounding the former president's criminality and the ongoing investigations and indictments that have ensued. 

I hope you feel free to refute any of these basic facts if you disagree with their validity. 

Beta male..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(07-19-2023, 05:46 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(07-19-2023, 03:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yes 

Beta male..

Drugged up sheep 

Come on, are you just gonna resort to cheap insults? That all you got?

Oh well... I guess I'd probably self-medicate to a fault too if I had to literally create an alternate reality in my mind to justify my backwards politics.

(07-19-2023, 06:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-19-2023, 05:46 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Beta male..

Drugged up sheep 

Oh well... I guess I'd probably self-medicate to a fault too if I had to literally create an alternate reality in my mind to justify my backwards politics.

I call them as I see them.. 

So sissified..

(07-19-2023, 06:26 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(07-19-2023, 06:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Drugged up sheep 

I call them as I see them.. 

So sissified..

Don't project your feelings of inadequacy.

(07-19-2023, 06:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-19-2023, 06:26 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I call them as I see them.. 

So sissified..

Don't project your feelings of inadequacy.

What ever you say, Nancy..

ABC and NBC reporting that Trump's legal team is meeting with special council Jack Smith's team today in DC and an indictment is "anticipated."

Mostly speculation on the indictment it would appear - but multiple sources confirm the meet.

Dude's going to be indicted for election interference in an election that was already interfered with..

(07-27-2023, 02:54 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Dude's going to be indicted for election interference in an election that was already interfered with..

"It's not wrong when we do it."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-27-2023, 02:54 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Dude's going to be indicted for election interference in an election that was already interfered with..

How?
Which laws did other folks break?

Zuckerberg and the FBi. And Hillary. And the media. And Peter Strok and his mistress. And Christopher Steele.

(07-28-2023, 08:51 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Zuckerberg and the FBi. And Hillary. And the media. And Peter Strok and his mistress. And Christopher Steele.

Lying to influence voters
Vs
Literally falsifying what the ballots from voters say

I'm L2L and I can't tell the difference between these things!