Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kyle Brandts absurd AFC QB Tier list.

(05-11-2023, 09:55 PM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(05-11-2023, 09:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: No. There is no precedent because Mahomes is not a running QB.

He’s an elite pocket passer who just so happens to also be able to scramble.

You thought Foles was going to lead the Jags to a SB so your QB takes are null and void.

There has never been a Patrick Mahomes ever before.  He beats you when you give him time.  He beats you when you blitz him.  He beats you when he has to play backyard ball.  And if you opt to play coverage, he's awkwardly running for 15 yards on you.

The dude is a cheat code.

Ya, and the Jags almost took him out of the game with a sack… he’s a beast, but not invincible, one day he could be go right when he should have gone left and it’s lights out. It can happen to any player sure, but the more stunts you pull the more likely you are to get hurt, common sense..

Some big men play this game and [BLEEP] happens….
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-11-2023, 09:55 PM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(05-11-2023, 09:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: No. There is no precedent because Mahomes is not a running QB.

He’s an elite pocket passer who just so happens to also be able to scramble.

You thought Foles was going to lead the Jags to a SB so your QB takes are null and void.

There has never been a Patrick Mahomes ever before.  He beats you when you give him time.  He beats you when you blitz him.  He beats you when he has to play backyard ball.  And if you opt to play coverage, he's awkwardly running for 15 yards on you.

That's why some of us on here continue to simply call him "an alien". Dude is just different. He's too damn good.

(05-11-2023, 08:21 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-10-2023, 11:24 PM)WVUJagsman Wrote: You really need to learn hoe to spell names when you offer an opinion.

Yeah, we all know it's Stat Padford.

(05-11-2023, 12:18 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: This is the biggest issue I see here. There was never a point where I wasn't on board with drafting Lawrence, I never thought there was another option in that draft. My problem was and always has been the complete ignorance shown by seemingly everyone who acted as if he was the most perfect prospect of all time, when he simply wasn't. It's also extremely annoying to listen to the opinions of people who got their opinions from other people or highlight videos when you actually took the time to sit and watch every throw he made pre-draft. Me saying he had accuracy issues specifically with high passes, was proven factual... you gonna try and tell me he didn't have that issue last season? because he did. And it was terrible year 1. When I pointed out that he had a tendency to roll out to left and throw off balance, often times inaccurately.. and he's done that A LOT since becoming a jaguar, this was just an observation.. a CORRECT observation. When I said he plays poor under pressure (close games/4th quarter) it was again, proven factual quite a few times both this past season and the one prior.. what other QB can say they had 4+ turnovers in one season ON THE FIRST PLAY OF A GAME WINNING DRIVE ATTEMPT. OR THROWING A 1 YARD PICK ON THE GOAL LINE 2 WEEKS STRAIGHT.

This is again, not calling him a bust.. it was pointing out that he is no perfect prospect. It's not DETRACTING the physical talent he has.. it's just, again an observation that has provable evidence to support. IT DOSEN'T MEAN HE CAN'T GET BETTER AT THOSE THINGS, BUT TO SAY HE CAME INTO THE LEAGUE WITHOUT THEM IS A LIE, and if you agree with that part you can't tell me my take was wrong. 

Furhtermore, stupid arguments with 2 morons who like to stir up [BLEEP] with me lead to heated conversations in game day threads, which has been taken out of context to push a narrative. When I say "how can you defend that trash" following a horrendusly poor pass/decision, that isn't me saying TREVOR is trash, it's me saying THAT PLAY was trash. 

The thread I made the day of or a few days after the drafting of Lawrence makes my standpoint very clear. I was cautiously optimistic.. DON'T THINK I'D BE OPTIMISTIC AT ALL IF I THOUGHT HE WAS A BUST. BUT I WOULD BE CAUTIOUS OF SOMEONE BEING OVER HYPED, AND PEGGED AS THE NEXT PEYTON MANNING WHEN HE CAME INTO THE LEAGUE WITH INFINITELY MORE FLAWS IN HIS GAME THAN PEYTON OR LUCK.

EDIT: ALSO in regards to my signature, everyone on the planet with a bias flag stuck up their bum knows that Raiders game was Trevors turning point. He was coming off a stretch that had him looking like he started to regress back to his rookie year form. Pointing to the first charger/colts game and his stats was moronic and was proven so as the Colts were possibly the worst defense in the league last year and the chargers were no better. When he started playing meaningful football in close games and started becoming a reason we were winning as opposed to winning in spite of him, that's where it started trending upwards. It was not impressive watching him dink and dunk his way up and down the field against the colts/chargers earlier in the year when our defense won those 2 games. Stats aren't the measuring stick for a good performance. Gardner Minshew went for 90% cmp pct the year we went 1-15 against the same Colts, Blake Bortles had 4 td 0 int games in 2017 when our defense was carrying him aswell.

Nobody cares, poochie.

I disagree, this discussion lives rent free in multiple peoples minds, to the point that it gets brought up when nobody is talking about it just because I post. It's hilarious.

(05-11-2023, 10:31 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-11-2023, 08:21 AM)Mikey Wrote: Yeah, we all know it's Stat Padford.

Nobody cares, poochie.

I disagree, this discussion lives rent free in multiple peoples minds, to the point that it gets brought up when nobody is talking about it just because I post. It's hilarious.

You just want everyone to forget your awful takes. It's hilarious watching your write paragraphs of squirm over and over again.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-11-2023, 10:05 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(05-11-2023, 09:55 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: There has never been a Patrick Mahomes ever before.  He beats you when you give him time.  He beats you when you blitz him.  He beats you when he has to play backyard ball.  And if you opt to play coverage, he's awkwardly running for 15 yards on you.

Ya, and the Jags almost took him out of the game with a sack… he’s a beast, but not invincible, one day he could be go right when he should have gone left and it’s lights out. It can happen to any player sure, but the more stunts you pull the more likely you are to get hurt, common sense..

Some big men play this game and [BLEEP] happens….
You have absolutely no clue what you’re saying (per usual).

You’re just as likely to get injured in the pocket than you are outside it.

And every play can get hit awkwardly and be knocked out. Every. Single. Player.

However you’re trying to single out Mahomes for some odd reason as if he has a higher chance of getting hurt than other players (which again, isn’t true).

How’s Foles doing?

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 07:54 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

Mahomes has shown some serious toughness over the last few years. Dislocated kneecap at some point. The whole ankle thing not too long ago that started with us and still ultimately ended with them hoisting the Lombardi up. Even if that aspect of his game is diminished, his arm talent is still there and that's what is going to keep him around in the NFL for many more years to come. With or without the mobility.

He's really everything I enjoyed over the years in a QB. If I am being completely honest? He's a bit of a Frankenstein, or, "Alien", as some of the folks on here have labeled him. I see a lot of the best qualities that I saw growing up in Brett Favre's game with the backyard style pitches, tosses and improvisation. I see a lot of power and accuracy that I saw in Aaron Rodgers. I see a lot of Fran Tarkenton in his scrambling and creating on the go with his opportunistic nature.

He has all of those qualities above with very, very few mistakes made in his game with three Superbowl trips and two victories and an MVP or two already and he'll only be 28 this year after or during the first regular season game kicks off. He truly is in a tier of his own. I refuse to put Burrow, Allen or anybody in the same tier with him. He's not only the best QB in the AFC. He's the best QB we've had in the NFL. Period. For at least the last four, five years.

His post season statistics by the way? [BLEEP] disgustingly good.

11-3 in 14 games. 35 TD passes to 7 INT's with a 67.3 completion percentage. With another 383 yards rushing and 5 TD's to boot. With only 1 fumble lost out of 9. This kid is beyond elite.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-12-2023, 07:52 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Mahomes has shown some serious toughness over the last few years. Dislocated kneecap at some point. The whole ankle thing not too long ago that started with us and still ultimately ended with them hoisting the Lombardi up. Even if that aspect of his game is diminished, his arm talent is still there and that's what is going to keep him around in the NFL for many more years to come. With or without the mobility.

He's really everything I enjoyed over the years in a QB. If I am being completely honest? He's a bit of a Frankenstein, or, "Alien", as some of the folks on here have labeled him. I see a lot of the best qualities that I saw growing up in Brett Favre's game with the backyard style pitches, tosses and improvisation. I see a lot of power and accuracy that I saw in Aaron Rodgers. I see a lot of Fran Tarkenton in his scrambling and creating on the go with his opportunistic nature.

He has all of those qualities above with very, very few mistakes made in his game with three Superbowl trips and two victories and an MVP or two already and he'll only be 28 this year after or during the first regular season game kicks off. He truly is in a tier of his own. I refuse to put Burrow, Allen or anybody in the same tier with him. He's not only the best QB in the AFC. He's the best QB we've had in the NFL. Period. For at least the last four, five years.

11-3 in 14 games. 35 TD passes to 7 INT's with a 67.3 completion percentage. With another 383 yards rushing and 5 TD's to boot. With only 1 fumble lost out of 9. This kid is beyond elite.
He’s the best QB of all time and I don’t have any problem saying that.

Brady is the GOAT and has the rings but if you’re doing an all time draft with every NFL player ever…. Mahomes goes #1.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 08:00 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-12-2023, 07:55 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 07:52 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Mahomes has shown some serious toughness over the last few years. Dislocated kneecap at some point. The whole ankle thing not too long ago that started with us and still ultimately ended with them hoisting the Lombardi up. Even if that aspect of his game is diminished, his arm talent is still there and that's what is going to keep him around in the NFL for many more years to come. With or without the mobility.

He’s the best QB of all time and I don’t have any problem saying that.

Brady is the GOAT and has the rings but if you’re doing an all time draft with every NFL player ever…. Mahomes goes #1.

I don't have a problem with this. I really don't. Once you get into a deep dive in any sport you start looking at certain positions differently. Between how the game was played then and now. It's the same argument most fans get into about Basketball. You get the Michael Jordan loyalists, the Kobe Bryant purists and the new age thinking in regards to guys like LeBron James and now Steph Curry. 

Apples to apples though? In the NFL? At the QB position? I would have a hard time arguing your statement. Which is scary because he still has plenty of football ahead of him if he chooses to keep playing that long to rack up records. Which he may or may not even do considering the amount of money these guys make today.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Our D should be built to stop Mahomes.

(05-12-2023, 08:01 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Our D should be built to stop Mahomes.

You can't though. You can only slow him down. Even when you think you have him stopped or wrapped up he just finds a way to make a play. Your best chance of stopping him is by having a QB that can keep pace with him. You have to be able to match him as much as possible and then hope and pray something else falls your way that doesn't involve him. 

Buffalo nearly did it with Allen a few years ago in a wild shootout for the ages. Burrow actually pulled it off once out there. This is why some of us keeping pushing for more offense. I don't care if we're at the table and packed to the gills with offensive firepower. More offense. Keep it coming. 

[Image: OGC.637f24df82959ba953a539356c82fd6f?pid...ATuPqIg%3d]

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 08:41 AM by Mikey.)

(05-11-2023, 07:53 PM)Ronster Wrote: Mahome’s is a monster. However, I don’t imagine him playing very long in this league. He’s going to try and scramble one game , and  get hurt, badly. QB’s that lean on that ability find their  careers shortened. By then Lawrence should be established as an an elite QB that can compete as the number one QB. I love Lawrence, but I really need to see him replicate the second half of last season before I am confident he’s legit. I’ve been burned before, show me you belong with the elites…

I think you meant Alle'n.

maybe Lama'r?

We stopped him last year and then let Chenne drive the field.

Our D should be built, full stop.

All you can do is limit him and then let your offense outscore. 

But you still have to build your D to that much.
Building your offense to outscore Reid/Mahomes is an equally imposing task.

(05-12-2023, 11:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

All you can do is limit him and then let your offense outscore. 

But you still have to build your D to that much.
Building your offense to outscore Reid/Mahomes is an equally imposing task.

Stop is an overzealous term. But it’s a given that he is the single most challenging threat in the league, especially the AFC. Patrick Mahomes is the main obstacle for any conference team with realistic chances of being in the big dance.