Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kyle Brandts absurd AFC QB Tier list.

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2023, 09:30 AM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

Who cares?

It’s kind of like certain people here that had waaaaay off base opinions about Lawrence.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Kyle Brandt's "schtick" on GMF is getting old and grates on my nerves. It's time for him to be replaced.

Gmfb ain't the same without Kay

(05-07-2023, 09:27 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Who cares?

It’s kind of like certain people here that had waaaaay off base opinions about Lawrence.

Theres a huge different in being weary of someone coming into the draft, and then saying Kenny Pickett is at the same level as Tua or Trevor at this point in their careers.

(05-07-2023, 09:14 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-07-2023, 09:27 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Who cares?

Theres a huge different in being weary of someone coming into the draft, and then saying Kenny Pickett is at the same level as Tua or Trevor at this point in their careers.

Is that the same as someone being wary?  Or are they tired of someone coming into the draft?  Or was this mythical person just flat out wrong?

(05-07-2023, 02:07 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote:
(05-07-2023, 01:37 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Good Morning Football went down hill after Kay Adams left.

Yep.  Jamie isn't bad at what she does though.

One day we'll have our franchise QB,  imagine being as naive as these "analysts".  Lawrence is a top 10 QB in the league no doubt about it.  Maybe he is 9th or 10th,  but he is not low caliber.

Naw she's not bad, but Kay especially and Nate Burleson carried that show.

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2023, 10:11 PM by Jag88.)

I like watching skip and Shannon or cowherd. I’ll take the nfl network later in the day programs though.

The media people need to have content to publish, so between now and the season's beginning there will be countless Rankings, lists etc that are basically worthless. Most will by design have some hook to fire up some people to get attention. It's their job.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(05-07-2023, 09:27 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-07-2023, 09:14 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Theres a huge different in being weary of someone coming into the draft, and then saying Kenny Pickett is at the same level as Tua or Trevor at this point in their careers.

Is that the same as someone being wary?  Or are they tired of someone coming into the draft?  Or was this mythical person just flat out wrong?

Answer the question. Is Lawrence and Tua on the same tier of QBs as Mac Jones and Kenny Picket?

(05-06-2023, 04:36 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Brandts list:

Tier 1: Mahomes
Tier 2: Allen/Burrow
Tier 3: Rodgers/Lamar/Burrow
Tier 4: Wilson/Watson
Tier 5: Jimmy G
Tier 6: Picket, Mac Jones, Lawrence, Tua

In my list of TV Sports Analysts, Kyle Brandt is somewhere around Tier 18.

(05-07-2023, 11:18 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-07-2023, 09:27 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Is that the same as someone being wary?  Or are they tired of someone coming into the draft?  Or was this mythical person just flat out wrong?

Answer the question. Is Lawrence and Tua on the same tier of QBs as Mac Jones and Kenny Picket?

1.Everyone is "weary" of your pathetic shtick. 

2.You may have been "wary" of TL before the draft, but you also crapped all over him for 18 straight months here. 
Don't act like you didn't. 

3. You should probably just shut the [BLEEP] up when it comes to quarterbacks in general.

(05-06-2023, 04:36 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Brandts list:

Tier 3: Rodgers/Lamar/Burrow
Tier 4: Wilson/Watson
Tier 5: Jimmy G
Tier 6: Picket, Mac Jones, Lawrence, Tua

I know we've all seen this terrible list, and I think it's safe to say this list was made to get clicks/engagement on the youtube channel. But post your list.

My list:
Tier 3: Rodgers/Lamarr/Lawrence/Watson
Tier 4: Tua
Tier 5: Jimmy G/Wilson
Tier 6: Mac/Picket

I'm basing my list on 2023 projection, not past accomplishments.

You're wrong, I pay 0 attention to sporps talk shows or their look-at-me taeks

Did he really list Joey B twice? I get that the kid is good, but dang.

my tiers:
legit - Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, TLaw, Herbert
over the hill - Rodgers, Wilson, Stat Padford, Kork Coopins
newbs - wait and see on the rooks
pretenders - all the rest

(05-07-2023, 11:18 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-07-2023, 09:27 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Is that the same as someone being wary?  Or are they tired of someone coming into the draft?  Or was this mythical person just flat out wrong?

I’ve answered the question.  His opinion is as worthless as a particular poster on this board.

Get it?

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2023, 10:35 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(05-07-2023, 06:14 PM)Kane Wrote: Gmfb ain't the same without Kay

That's what I originally thought but Jamie Erdahl is really good as well --- it took a while for me to come to this opinion.  That said, it's really hard to carry a show dedicated to the NFL during the offseason so I kind of tune out now as I really don't give a [BLEEP] what their favorite food is or what music they like .... as they discuss with their dumb "kill time" topics.

(05-06-2023, 08:39 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: At the end of the season

Tier 1
Mahomes
Burrow
Lawrence
Rodgers

Allen
Herbert

Hurts
Jackson
Tua ( if healthy)

I think this is the year Trev or enters the elite category

Even when healthy, Tua is not on the same level as Hurts.  That said, we will never know if he gets there because he may be 1 hit away from not remembering his name.

(05-08-2023, 10:32 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-07-2023, 06:14 PM)Kane Wrote: Gmfb ain't the same without Kay

That's what I originally thought but Jamie Erdahl is really good as well --- it took a while for me to come to this opinion.  That said, it's really hard to carry a show dedicated to the NFL during the offseason so I kind of tune out now as I really don't give a [BLEEP] what their favorite food is or what music they like .... as they discuss with their dumb "kill time" topics.

(05-06-2023, 08:39 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: At the end of the season

Tier 1
Mahomes
Burrow
Lawrence
Rodgers

Allen
Herbert

Hurts
Jackson
Tua ( if healthy)

I think this is the year Trev or enters the elite category

Even when healthy, Tua is not on the same level as Hurts.  That said, we will never know if he gets there because he may be 1 hit away from not remembering his name.

Yea, Tua is most likely going to be getting coloring books for Christmas.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2023, 10:53 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

If anyone saw the show the next day, he walked back the Lawrence ranking. He admitted it was a mistake. And as someone said earlier, he was a victim of over-evaluating '1st halfs'. 1st half of the season, and the 1st half of the Chargers playoff win. He took the whole season into account. And let's be honest, we were 4-8 at one point before going on the Lawrence-led run. While that certainly wasn't all on Lawrence, he had his low points (Philly, Broncos, Texans). Even so, tier 6 is too low.

I'm not a Brant apologist my any means. I did run into him and Nate Burleson a couple of times while working at World Trade Center 4, where Good Morning Football originates (SNY, 50th floor). Talked at length to both of them; they are both great guys and are both very pro-Jaguars. And this was in 2019, when there wasn't a whole lot to be pro-Jaguars about.

Was it a bad ranking? Of course. He's got no business being any lower than tier 3.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(05-08-2023, 10:50 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: If anyone saw the show the next day, he walked back the Lawrence ranking.  He admitted it was a mistake.  And as someone said earlier, he was a victim of over-evaluating '1st halfs'.  1st half of the season, and the 1st half of the Chargers playoff win.  He took the whole season into account.  And let's be honest, we were 4-8 at one point before going on the Lawrence-led run. While that certainly wasn't all on Lawrence, he had his low points (Philly, Broncos, Texans).  Even so, tier 6 is too low.

I'm not a Brant apologist my any means.  I did run into him and Nate Burleson a couple of times while working at World Trade Center 4, where Good Morning Football originates (SNY, 50th floor).  Talked at length to both of them; they are both great guys and are both very pro-Jaguars.  And this was in 2019, when there wasn't a whole lot to be pro-Jaguars about.

Was it a bad ranking?  Of course.  He's got no business being any lower than tier 3.

So he got people to watch his show?  Mission accomplished...
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(05-08-2023, 10:49 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(05-08-2023, 10:32 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: That's what I originally thought but Jamie Erdahl is really good as well --- it took a while for me to come to this opinion.  That said, it's really hard to carry a show dedicated to the NFL during the offseason so I kind of tune out now as I really don't give a [BLEEP] what their favorite food is or what music they like .... as they discuss with their dumb "kill time" topics.

Yea, Tua is most likely going to be getting coloring books for Christmas.

He'll be lucky to spell Tua if you spot him the T and the A.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2023, 05:18 PM by rpr52121. Edited 3 times in total.)

AFC QB Tiers to start the season

Tier 1: Patrick Mahomes 
Already one of the greatest QB's of all time.

Tier 2: Patrick Mahomes on one leg.
Yes, Nick Wright is correct.

Tier 3: Joe Burrow
As much as Mahomes is tier by self, Burrow has proven himself to deserve standing above the rest of the conference with his production even with lackluster offense lines.

Tier 4: Josh Allen/Lamar Jackson
"I've seen what you can do, but can you consistently do it enough in the playoffs?"
  • Yes, Allen had 2 great B2B playoff games once. But that is it, he need more consistency.
  • Jackson had a similar issue a few seasons back, but now cannot even stay healthy to play in the playoffs.

Tier 5: Josh Herbert/Trever Lawrence/Tua Tagovalioa
"I think I see something but was that mirage"
  • Herbert appears to have all the talent and mind, but cannot get his team to playoffs. It is the scheme, coaching, injuries, or just horrible luck? Has to overcome eventually or he will fall down to the Jimmy G/Tannehill level.
  • Lawrence appears to have turned a corner to show the "generational talent/promise". But every fantasy player can list off lots of QB's and players who have a hot stretch for half a season and don't replicate it. 
  • Tua had a great 1/2 of last season, but injuries and teams starting to better scheme against their offense caused them to fall back to earth. Can he actually last a full season healthy? Can they duplicate their offensive success of the first half of '22?

Tier 6: Russell Wilson/Aaron Rodgers/DeShaun Watson
"Are they cooked or can they turn back the clock"
  • Wilson. Does he have the ability to not only play Russell Wilson ball? Will he acquiesce to Paytons system?
  • Rodgers. Need to see if he find enough of his game to take advantage of what is supposed to be a great defense? Will the Jets be a great defense again; we all know how inconsistent defense can be year to year.
  • Watson. Still trying to show he can be the first QB to basically throw off now 3 years of rust and bad play. But even if he does, at times he was a bad a decision maker with the Texans. It was enough to win weak South divisions and then quickly lose in the playoffs, but will it fly in a very tough North?

Tier 7: Jimmy G/Ryan Tannehill
Definition of long term tick-above-league-average QB. How long before their teams get tired of them?

Tier 8: Kenny Picket
Hard to tell. At times looked like Tier 7 level last year with had some nice late game heroics/moxie, but he was way too inconsistent. He left a lot out on the field. His line was horrid though, he could easily jump up as the team gets better around him and he progresses.

Tier 9: Gardner Minshew -- Merely warming the spot to be held by Richardson. Though, he will probably have a great game against his former Jags and have enough highs or great plays that make Colts fans think they found their guy and maybe they should trade Richardson to fill holes on the roster.

N/A until on the field: CJ Stroud

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2023, 12:28 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(05-08-2023, 09:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-07-2023, 11:18 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Answer the question. Is Lawrence and Tua on the same tier of QBs as Mac Jones and Kenny Picket?

1.Everyone is "weary" of your pathetic shtick. 

2.You may have been "wary" of TL before the draft, but you also crapped all over him for 18 straight months here. 
Don't act like you didn't. 

3. You should probably just shut the [BLEEP] up when it comes to quarterbacks in general.

1. Nothing I said was inaccurate. 

2. Claiming I called him a bust and then pointing to him not being a bust dosen't prove me wrong because I never said it

3. No thanks, i'll talk about what I want.

(05-08-2023, 10:20 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-07-2023, 11:18 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Answer the question. Is Lawrence and Tua on the same tier of QBs as Mac Jones and Kenny Picket?

I’ve answered the question.  His opinion is as worthless as a particular poster on this board.

Get it?

Hiveminded, follow the leaders!