Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kyle Brandts absurd AFC QB Tier list.

Ohgeeznotthisstuffagain.jpg
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-08-2023, 10:49 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(05-08-2023, 10:32 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: That's what I originally thought but Jamie Erdahl is really good as well --- it took a while for me to come to this opinion.  That said, it's really hard to carry a show dedicated to the NFL during the offseason so I kind of tune out now as I really don't give a [BLEEP] what their favorite food is or what music they like .... as they discuss with their dumb "kill time" topics.

Even when healthy, Tua is not on the same level as Hurts.  That said, we will never know if he gets there because he may be 1 hit away from not remembering his name.

Yea, Tua is most likely going to be getting coloring books for Christmas.

no kidding .... coloring books and the 10 piece puzzle set.

(05-09-2023, 12:27 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-08-2023, 09:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: 1.Everyone is "weary" of your pathetic shtick. 

2.You may have been "wary" of TL before the draft, but you also crapped all over him for 18 straight months here. 
Don't act like you didn't. 

3. You should probably just shut the [BLEEP] up when it comes to quarterbacks in general.

1. Nothing I said was inaccurate. 

2. Claiming I called him a bust and then pointing to him not being a bust dosen't prove me wrong because I never said it

3. No thanks, i'll talk about what I want.

(05-08-2023, 10:20 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I’ve answered the question.  His opinion is as worthless as a particular poster on this board.

Get it?

Hiveminded, follow the leaders!

If seeing that you had asinine opinions is hive-minded...then sure, count me in.

Once again, your sig says it all.  If it took you that long to see that.....  

And now you're all on board.  I called this a long, long, long, long time ago.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-06-2023, 11:57 AM)Jag88 Wrote: So the first half the season, Lawrence made some bad decisions. He became a top 5 QB in the second half of the season.

Mahomes
Burrow
Josh Allen
Lawrence
Hearbert
Hurts
Rodgers

The rest of the nfl

Side note..

I lost faith in Russell Wilson. Matt Stratford is good and is right there in the top ten when healthy.

You really need to learn hoe to spell names when you offer an opinion.

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2023, 12:36 AM by Jag88. Edited 2 times in total.)

(05-10-2023, 11:24 PM)WVUJagsman Wrote:
(05-06-2023, 11:57 AM)Jag88 Wrote: So the first half the season, Lawrence made some bad decisions. He became a top 5 QB in the second half of the season.

Mahomes
Burrow
Josh Allen
Lawrence
Hearbert
Hurts
Rodgers

The rest of the nfl

Side note..

I lost faith in Russell Wilson. Matt Stratford is good and is right there in the top ten when healthy.

I’m too lazy. Sorry. I will do better next time but only a little better just for you.

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2023, 12:24 AM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-09-2023, 10:40 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-09-2023, 12:27 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: 1. Nothing I said was inaccurate. 

2. Claiming I called him a bust and then pointing to him not being a bust dosen't prove me wrong because I never said it

3. No thanks, i'll talk about what I want.

Hiveminded, follow the leaders!

If seeing that you had asinine opinions is hive-minded...then sure, count me in.

This is the biggest issue I see here. There was never a point where I wasn't on board with drafting Lawrence, I never thought there was another option in that draft. My problem was and always has been the complete ignorance shown by seemingly everyone who acted as if he was the most perfect prospect of all time, when he simply wasn't. It's also extremely annoying to listen to the opinions of people who got their opinions from other people or highlight videos when you actually took the time to sit and watch every throw he made pre-draft. Me saying he had accuracy issues specifically with high passes, was proven factual... you gonna try and tell me he didn't have that issue last season? because he did. And it was terrible year 1. When I pointed out that he had a tendency to roll out to left and throw off balance, often times inaccurately.. and he's done that A LOT since becoming a jaguar, this was just an observation.. a CORRECT observation. When I said he plays poor under pressure (close games/4th quarter) it was again, proven factual quite a few times both this past season and the one prior.. what other QB can say they had 4+ turnovers in one season ON THE FIRST PLAY OF A GAME WINNING DRIVE ATTEMPT. OR THROWING A 1 YARD PICK ON THE GOAL LINE 2 WEEKS STRAIGHT.

This is again, not calling him a bust.. it was pointing out that he is no perfect prospect. It's not DETRACTING the physical talent he has.. it's just, again an observation that has provable evidence to support. IT DOSEN'T MEAN HE CAN'T GET BETTER AT THOSE THINGS, BUT TO SAY HE CAME INTO THE LEAGUE WITHOUT THEM IS A LIE, and if you agree with that part you can't tell me my take was wrong. 

Furhtermore, stupid arguments with 2 morons who like to stir up [BLEEP] with me lead to heated conversations in game day threads, which has been taken out of context to push a narrative. When I say "how can you defend that trash" following a horrendusly poor pass/decision, that isn't me saying TREVOR is trash, it's me saying THAT PLAY was trash. 

The thread I made the day of or a few days after the drafting of Lawrence makes my standpoint very clear. I was cautiously optimistic.. DON'T THINK I'D BE OPTIMISTIC AT ALL IF I THOUGHT HE WAS A BUST. BUT I WOULD BE CAUTIOUS OF SOMEONE BEING OVER HYPED, AND PEGGED AS THE NEXT PEYTON MANNING WHEN HE CAME INTO THE LEAGUE WITH INFINITELY MORE FLAWS IN HIS GAME THAN PEYTON OR LUCK.

EDIT: ALSO in regards to my signature, everyone on the planet with a bias flag stuck up their bum knows that Raiders game was Trevors turning point. He was coming off a stretch that had him looking like he started to regress back to his rookie year form. Pointing to the first charger/colts game and his stats was moronic and was proven so as the Colts were possibly the worst defense in the league last year and the chargers were no better. When he started playing meaningful football in close games and started becoming a reason we were winning as opposed to winning in spite of him, that's where it started trending upwards. It was not impressive watching him dink and dunk his way up and down the field against the colts/chargers earlier in the year when our defense won those 2 games. Stats aren't the measuring stick for a good performance. Gardner Minshew went for 90% cmp pct the year we went 1-15 against the same Colts, Blake Bortles had 4 td 0 int games in 2017 when our defense was carrying him aswell.

Tier 1: Mahomes
Tier 2: Burrow
Tier 3: Allen | Lawrence | Herbert
Tier 4: Watson | Jackson | Tua
Tier 5: Wilson | Pickett
Tier 6: Mac | Garoppolo
Tier 7: Rookies
[Image: pqk1i5F.jpg]

(05-11-2023, 12:18 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-09-2023, 10:40 AM)RicoTx Wrote: If seeing that you had asinine opinions is hive-minded...then sure, count me in.

This is the biggest issue I see here. There was never a point where I wasn't on board with drafting Lawrence, I never thought there was another option in that draft. My problem was and always has been the complete ignorance shown by seemingly everyone who acted as if he was the most perfect prospect of all time, when he simply wasn't. It's also extremely annoying to listen to the opinions of people who got their opinions from other people or highlight videos when you actually took the time to sit and watch every throw he made pre-draft. Me saying he had accuracy issues specifically with high passes, was proven factual... you gonna try and tell me he didn't have that issue last season? because he did. And it was terrible year 1. When I pointed out that he had a tendency to roll out to left and throw off balance, often times inaccurately.. and he's done that A LOT since becoming a jaguar, this was just an observation.. a CORRECT observation. When I said he plays poor under pressure (close games/4th quarter) it was again, proven factual quite a few times both this past season and the one prior.. what other QB can say they had 4+ turnovers in one season ON THE FIRST PLAY OF A GAME WINNING DRIVE ATTEMPT. OR THROWING A 1 YARD PICK ON THE GOAL LINE 2 WEEKS STRAIGHT.

This is again, not calling him a bust.. it was pointing out that he is no perfect prospect. It's not DETRACTING the physical talent he has.. it's just, again an observation that has provable evidence to support. IT DOSEN'T MEAN HE CAN'T GET BETTER AT THOSE THINGS, BUT TO SAY HE CAME INTO THE LEAGUE WITHOUT THEM IS A LIE, and if you agree with that part you can't tell me my take was wrong. 

Furhtermore, stupid arguments with 2 morons who like to stir up [BLEEP] with me lead to heated conversations in game day threads, which has been taken out of context to push a narrative. When I say "how can you defend that trash" following a horrendusly poor pass/decision, that isn't me saying TREVOR is trash, it's me saying THAT PLAY was trash. 

The thread I made the day of or a few days after the drafting of Lawrence makes my standpoint very clear. I was cautiously optimistic.. DON'T THINK I'D BE OPTIMISTIC AT ALL IF I THOUGHT HE WAS A BUST. BUT I WOULD BE CAUTIOUS OF SOMEONE BEING OVER HYPED, AND PEGGED AS THE NEXT PEYTON MANNING WHEN HE CAME INTO THE LEAGUE WITH INFINITELY MORE FLAWS IN HIS GAME THAN PEYTON OR LUCK.

EDIT: ALSO in regards to my signature, everyone on the planet with a bias flag stuck up their bum knows that Raiders game was Trevors turning point. He was coming off a stretch that had him looking like he started to regress back to his rookie year form. Pointing to the first charger/colts game and his stats was moronic and was proven so as the Colts were possibly the worst defense in the league last year and the chargers were no better. When he started playing meaningful football in close games and started becoming a reason we were winning as opposed to winning in spite of him, that's where it started trending upwards. It was not impressive watching him dink and dunk his way up and down the field against the colts/chargers earlier in the year when our defense won those 2 games. Stats aren't the measuring stick for a good performance. Gardner Minshew went for 90% cmp pct the year we went 1-15 against the same Colts, Blake Bortles had 4 td 0 int games in 2017 when our defense was carrying him aswell.

Lol, ok Kyle. We see you backtracking.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2023, 08:22 AM by Mikey.)

(05-10-2023, 11:24 PM)WVUJagsman Wrote:

Mahomes
Burrow
Josh Allen
Lawrence
Hearbert
Hurts
Rodgers

The rest of the nfl

Side note..

Yeah, we all know it's Stat Padford.

(05-11-2023, 12:18 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-09-2023, 10:40 AM)RicoTx Wrote: If seeing that you had asinine opinions is hive-minded...then sure, count me in.

Nobody cares, poochie.

‘Out of context’…
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-11-2023, 02:28 AM)Portofino43 Wrote: Tier 1: Mahomes
Tier 2: Burrow
Tier 3: Allen | Lawrence | Herbert
Tier 4: Watson | Jackson | Tua 
Tier 5: Wilson | Pickett
Tier 6: Mac | Garoppolo
Tier 7: Rookies

Tier 1: Mahomes
Tier 2: Burrow | Allen | Rodgers
Tier 3: Lawrence | Herbert | Jackson | Tagovailoa
Tier 4: Watson | Wilson | Garoppolo 
Tier 5: Jones | Pickett
Tier 6: Rookies
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Tier 1: Mahomes, Burrow
Tier 2: Allen
Tier 3: Rodgers, Lawrence, Lamar (only because of injury)
Tier 4: Herbert, Tua
Tier 5: Everyone else

Mahome’s is a monster. However, I don’t imagine him playing very long in this league. He’s going to try and scramble one game , and  get hurt, badly. QB’s that lean on that ability find their  careers shortened. By then Lawrence should be established as an an elite QB that can compete as the number one QB. I love Lawrence, but I really need to see him replicate the second half of last season before I am confident he’s legit. I’ve been burned before, show me you belong with the elites…
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(05-11-2023, 07:53 PM)Ronster Wrote: Mahome’s is a monster. However, I don’t imagine him playing very long in this league. He’s going to try and scramble one game , and  get hurt, badly. QB’s that lean on that ability find their  careers shortened. By then Lawrence should be established as an an elite QB that can compete as the number one QB. I love Lawrence, but I really need to see him replicate the second half of last season before I am confident he’s legit. I’ve been burned before, show me you belong with the elites…
Fair take on Lawrence. I think most of us are there. That's why tier 3 makes the most sense. If he plays like the 2nd half of last year or better. Which I think he'll do with the latter. He's right there in the tier 2 and tier 1 discussion.

He's going to have a chance to prove his salt a lot this season. Chiefs, Bengals, Bills and Ravens. These are all teams with QBs that are often considered a step above him and everybody else. So knock them down a step or two and he'll elevate himself in the process.

He's only getting a dose of the 49ers defense this year. That's going to be fun. Just a lot of great games this year on paper and opportunities for Lawrence to take this team on his shoulders and elevate this franchise into a potential dynasty for the next 10 or more years.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-11-2023, 07:53 PM)Ronster Wrote: Mahome’s is a monster. However, I don’t imagine him playing very long in this league. He’s going to try and scramble one game , and  get hurt, badly. QB’s that lean on that ability find their  careers shortened. By then Lawrence should be established as an an elite QB that can compete as the number one QB. I love Lawrence, but I really need to see him replicate the second half of last season before I am confident he’s legit. I’ve been burned before, show me you belong with the elites…
Congrats!

That’s the dumbest take I’ve ever seen regarding Mahomes. 

You win again!

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2023, 08:46 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

As someone who personally picked the Chefs last in the AFC West last year, this sort of take looks familiar to me.  Not that I'm wishing injury on anyone, but this would sure help clear the way to the SB.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(05-11-2023, 08:46 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

As someone who personally picked the Chefs last in the AFC West last year, this sort of take looks familiar to me.  Not that I'm wishing injury on anyone, but this would sure help clear the way to the SB.

I’m hoping Trevor can catch Mahomes and beat him at his best, and yes of course I wouldn’t want Mahomes to get hurt, but there is plenty of precedent to compare to…
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

TLaw elevates to tier 1 this season.

(05-11-2023, 09:02 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(05-11-2023, 08:46 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: As someone who personally picked the Chefs last in the AFC West last year, this sort of take looks familiar to me.  Not that I'm wishing injury on anyone, but this would sure help clear the way to the SB.

I’m hoping Trevor can catch Mahomes and beat him at his best, and yes of course I wouldn’t want Mahomes to get hurt, but there is plenty of precedent to compare to…
No. There is no precedent because Mahomes is not a running QB.

He’s an elite pocket passer who just so happens to also be able to scramble.

You thought Foles was going to lead the Jags to a SB so your QB takes are null and void.

(05-11-2023, 09:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-11-2023, 09:02 PM)Ronster Wrote: I’m hoping Trevor can catch Mahomes and beat him at his best, and yes of course I wouldn’t want Mahomes to get hurt, but there is plenty of precedent to compare to…
No. There is no precedent because Mahomes is not a running QB.

He’s an elite pocket passer who just so happens to also be able to scramble.

You thought Foles was going to lead the Jags to a SB so your QB takes are null and void.

There has never been a Patrick Mahomes ever before.  He beats you when you give him time.  He beats you when you blitz him.  He beats you when he has to play backyard ball.  And if you opt to play coverage, he's awkwardly running for 15 yards on you.

The dude is a cheat code.