Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post your schedule predictions here (wins/losses)

(06-09-2023, 07:07 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/videos/adam-rank-pre...tal-access

Adam Rank predictions. I'm sorry but I'd be super disappointed if the season ended this way, even with a division title. He has us beating no one good except Baltimore and finishing 9-8

Same. 9 - 8 doesn't show much growth, even with the schedule being tougher. This would signify to me that our defensive efforts fell short in 2023 and not much changed in the pass rushing department. It would also feel like the offense didn't elevate it's play enough. That's why I went with 11 wins and 6 losses on the year. I could see them winning a primetime game or two and maybe losing games they shouldn't have lost early. I have us getting off to a slow start that surprises people. 1 - 3 in September. Opening loss, loss to the Chiefs, we get a win over the tinhorns and then we lose in London to the Falcons.

After the media beats up on the team? They get on a winning streak starting with Buffalo in London, a win over the clots, Saints, Steelers and then losing to a stacked defense at home against the 49ers before getting back on a winning streak against the tinhorns, Bengals on MNF in a thriller, Browns, a loss to the Ravens on SNF, a win in Tampa, a win over Carolina and then a finale loss to the tacks who I think will be a game or two behind us anyway for the divisional win. 

So, it won't matter in the grand scheme of things. Sets the stage for this team to sneak up on people in the post season. We rope-a-dope the NFL.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah - I'm still thinking 10 wins if they stay healthy and 9 if they hit some bumps in the road beyond the typical

(06-11-2023, 06:51 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 02:30 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The reality is the Jaguars were 1 game better than Tennessee last season. If Dobbs doesn’t fumble the ball which led to a scoop and score then we’re watching the playoffs from the couch. The Dallas game was also won in the same fashion. Both games changed on a dime by 1 player (Jenkins). Every team in the NFL can hang 50 on anybody, even the players we call terrible are world class athletes of the highest degree.

Our slogan should be “No Gimme Games.” This will keep the fans honest and grounded.

Yes the Titans played us close in week 18. 

We also dropped them on their head when Tannehil was playing back in week 14 I believe.

I'm tired of hearing about week 18 from people outside of Jax as a reason not to believe.  It felt to me for the entirety of the game that as soon as we took the lead the game was over.  The tacks weren't going to be able to come from behind.  Even with the great defensive play made on the scoop and score, had it not happened it was still a 1 score game and we had them deep in their own territory.  I think we still beat them even if the scoop and score doesn't happen personally.  It's a well coached division opponent in the NFL.  There are no gimmies.

(06-27-2023, 08:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah - I'm still thinking 10 wins if they stay healthy and 9 if they hit some bumps in the road beyond the typical

I like it. While secretly I have wild emotional expectations about this year My logical side looks at our record since 2000. 

2005  12-4
2006    8-8

2007  11-5
2008  5-11

2017  10-6
2018  5-11

This is the real curse we need to reverse, maybe call it "reverse the Curse phase 2? 

Consistency maybe the word?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

11 wins or more. Unless something bad happens...
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(06-27-2023, 09:32 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(06-27-2023, 08:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah - I'm still thinking 10 wins if they stay healthy and 9 if they hit some bumps in the road beyond the typical

I like it. While secretly I have wild emotional expectations about this year My logical side looks at our record since 2000. 

2005  12-4
2006    8-8

2007  11-5
2008  5-11

2017  10-6
2018  5-11

This is the real curse we need to reverse, maybe call it "reverse the Curse phase 2? 

Bro if we go 5-11 im done lol.

My prediction is that we win some games and lose some games.

(06-29-2023, 12:00 AM)Eric1 Wrote: My prediction is that we win some games and lose some games.

watch us go 0-0-17 now just to spite you.

I said 9 last year and I'm going with 10 this year. Based on the team turning it around to hit 9 for me. Let's go with 10 an again we're in baby

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(06-29-2023, 07:57 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(06-29-2023, 12:00 AM)Eric1 Wrote: My prediction is that we win some games and lose some games.

watch us go 0-0-17 now just to spite you.

Would be pretty impressive if that happened though.

https://youtu.be/lSPNQ82Sq4E

(06-29-2023, 06:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(06-29-2023, 07:57 AM)Mikey Wrote: watch us go 0-0-17 now just to spite you.

Would be pretty impressive if that happened though.

Bet Vegas would give you some real good odds on that...
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(06-28-2023, 12:30 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(06-27-2023, 09:32 PM)Jag149 Wrote: I like it. While secretly I have wild emotional expectations about this year My logical side looks at our record since 2000. 

2005  12-4
2006    8-8

2007  11-5
2008  5-11

2017  10-6
2018  5-11

Bro if we go 5-11 im done lol.

You'll be done the moment Lawrence throws his first interception on the season.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(06-30-2023, 09:01 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(06-28-2023, 12:30 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Bro if we go 5-11 im done lol.

You'll be done the moment Lawrence throws his first interception on the season.

Well if it's another 1st and goal on the 3 yard line and he chucks it into triple coverage for an int like he did back to back weeks last year, I might. Luckily I think he might actually prove to be capable of learning from his mistakes, unlike pretty much every other QB that's ever put a jaguars jersey on.

*Looking at you Chad Henne, who came in for Mahomes against us in the playoffs and immediately had a ball batted down at the line like he always did here*

(05-20-2023, 11:40 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Colts beat us week 1

It wouldn’t shock me. With the revenge game the following week against KC, Jags could get caught looking ahead even in the opener. With that said, I don’t think it will happen but if it does, will that make the KC game a very early must win?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Jaguars to "explode" according to player turned analyst, Louis Riddick:

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/loui...g-pederson

(06-26-2023, 09:59 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Week 1 Indianapolis - W  I do not recognize the name transfer from Baltimore. Johnny U played in Baltimore, the name stays there.
Week 2 Cheifs - L
Week 3 Texans - W  We welcome a rookie to the NFL.
Week 4 Falcons - W
Week 5 Bills - L  Bills avenge a few key losses to the Jags
Week 6 -Indianapolis - W  We welcome another rookie to the NFL
Week 7 - Saints - W Years of cap hell take their toll.
Week 8 - Steelers - W  The scoreboard lights up like a pinball machine.
Week 9 - 49ers - L  Kyle Shanahan shows the league on way to beat the Jags. 
Week 10 - Titans - W  The Titans forget to watch the 49er game.
Week 11 - Texans - L  Texans watch the 49er game and have the ball bounce their way. (I hate their battle red btw)
Week 12 - Bengals - L  Cinci is just that good.
Week 13 - Browns - W  Doug flips the script introducing new stuff
Week 14 - Ravens - W  Ravens will be playing with a backup QB by this week.
Week 15 - Bucs - W  No more Brady ...
Week 16 - Panthers - W  Payback for that first Hall of Fame game.
Week 17 - Titans - L They break our home win streak, but lose the division anyway.

This is only a first pass.  I will change it before the season.  After that if it is actually accurate I will vehemently deny changing it despite many of you showing me this posts.  See I have learned watching a few of you....Wink
Having grown up in Baltimore (Towson) I appreciate your recognition of the theft of the Colts legacy by a drunk and a liar.  His son is a chip off the old block.  I stopped watching the NFL on March 28th, 1984.  Only began watching the NFL when the Jaguars were awarded to Jacksonville.

Interesting note, the Ravens scoreboard normally lists the nickname of the both the home team and the visitors, except whenever Indianapolis plays in Baltimore.  Then the scoreboard reads Ravens vs. Indy.  The fans of the Baltimore Colts will never forgive the Irsay family.  The horseshoes, the colors, the memorabilia belongs in Baltimore.  At least Modell left the Browns legacy intact when he moved.

*In 1983, the Colts drafted John Elway with the #1 pick.   Irsay traded Elway to Denver without consulting the Colts GM, who had already reached an agreement in principle with John Elway.  To my dying day I will believe the Colts would have never left Baltimore if Elway had never been traded.  A lot of guys agree with me: Unitas, Mackey, Matte, Marchetti, Curtis, Moore, Smith, Berry, Orr, Jones, Mitchell, Carr, Chester, I could go on and on.

(07-06-2023, 06:46 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote:
(06-26-2023, 09:59 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Week 1 Indianapolis - W  I do not recognize the name transfer from Baltimore. Johnny U played in Baltimore, the name stays there.
Week 2 Cheifs - L
Week 3 Texans - W  We welcome a rookie to the NFL.
Week 4 Falcons - W
Week 5 Bills - L  Bills avenge a few key losses to the Jags
Week 6 -Indianapolis - W  We welcome another rookie to the NFL
Week 7 - Saints - W Years of cap hell take their toll.
Week 8 - Steelers - W  The scoreboard lights up like a pinball machine.
Week 9 - 49ers - L  Kyle Shanahan shows the league on way to beat the Jags. 
Week 10 - Titans - W  The Titans forget to watch the 49er game.
Week 11 - Texans - L  Texans watch the 49er game and have the ball bounce their way. (I hate their battle red btw)
Week 12 - Bengals - L  Cinci is just that good.
Week 13 - Browns - W  Doug flips the script introducing new stuff
Week 14 - Ravens - W  Ravens will be playing with a backup QB by this week.
Week 15 - Bucs - W  No more Brady ...
Week 16 - Panthers - W  Payback for that first Hall of Fame game.
Week 17 - Titans - L They break our home win streak, but lose the division anyway.

This is only a first pass.  I will change it before the season.  After that if it is actually accurate I will vehemently deny changing it despite many of you showing me this posts.  See I have learned watching a few of you....Wink
Having grown up in Baltimore (Towson) I appreciate your recognition of the theft of the Colts legacy by a drunk and a liar.  His son is a chip off the old block.  I stopped watching the NFL on March 28th, 1984.  Only began watching the NFL when the Jaguars were awarded to Jacksonville.

Interesting note, the Ravens scoreboard normally lists the nickname of the both the home team and the visitors, except whenever Indianapolis plays in Baltimore.  Then the scoreboard reads Ravens vs. Indy.  The fans of the Baltimore Colts will never forgive the Irsay family.  The horseshoes, the colors, the memorabilia belongs in Baltimore.  At least Modell left the Browns legacy intact when he moved.

*In 1983, the Colts drafted John Elway with the #1 pick.   Irsay traded Elway to Denver without consulting the Colts GM, who had already reached an agreement in principle with John Elway.  To my dying day I will believe the Colts would have never left Baltimore if Elway had never been traded.  A lot of guys agree with me: Unitas, Mackey, Matte, Marchetti, Curtis, Moore, Smith, Berry, Orr, Jones, Mitchell, Carr, Chester, I could go on and on.

Random question. Did you serve in the Navy by chance?

(07-07-2023, 08:35 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(07-06-2023, 06:46 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Having grown up in Baltimore (Towson) I appreciate your recognition of the theft of the Colts legacy by a drunk and a liar.  His son is a chip off the old block.  I stopped watching the NFL on March 28th, 1984.  Only began watching the NFL when the Jaguars were awarded to Jacksonville.

Random question. Did you serve in the Navy by chance?
I did not.  My dad was a Naval aviator.  We were stationed in Newfoundland, Memphis, and Pax River.

(05-12-2023, 03:29 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Steelers should be improved,  we traditionally have done well against them but as a thorn in their side they will be gunning for us.  Lawrence won't be "ON" every week of the season and we're basically a team built to play from ahead and score early and often.

Steelers go as TJ Watt goes.  When healthy, they are good, when hurt, not so much.