Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post your schedule predictions here (wins/losses)

Week 1 Colts - L Minshew  has field day gainest us for letting him go offense will be slow comeing togather for us first few games.

Week 2 Cheifs - L they are still a lot better then us ,and had more winning seasons over last few years.  

Week 3 Texans -  L texans upseat us in jacksonville

Week 4 Falcons - L we lose first game in london. Jags are 0-4 at this point, and people start to panic. just like last season team off to a slow start. 

Week 5 Bills - W      1-4

Week 6 - Colts - W  2-4 after this game

Week 7 - Saints - W 3-4 after this game 

Week 8 - Steelers - W -4-4 all of a sudden

Week 9 - 49ers - L  jags just can't beat san fran for some reason. 4-5

Week 10 - Titans - W  5-5

Week 11 - Texans -  W 6-5 

Week 12 - Bengals -  W  Jags surpise people with win over bengals  7-5

Week 13 - Browns - L  Watson remains undeafted againest us   7-6 

Week 14 - Ravens - W 8-6

Week 15 - Bucs - W 9-6

Week 16 - Panthers - W 10-6

Week 17 - Titans - L 10-7  bye this time we have division won ,and locked up,tittians will need to win to make playoffs with needing another team to lose to get in. we will lose game,but what ever other teams needs to lose will win.   

thats all if the team stays healthy,and we don't lose any key players. i would take 5 to 6 wins off .

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-18-2023, 12:24 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Week 1 Colts - L Minshew  has field day gainest us for letting him go offense will be slow comeing togather for us first few games.

Week 2 Cheifs - L they are still a lot better then us ,and had more winning seasons over last few years.  

Week 3 Texans -  L texans upseat us in jacksonville

Week 4 Falcons - L we lose first game in london. Jags are 0-4 at this point, and people start to panic. just like last season team off to a slow start. 

Week 5 Bills - W      1-4

Week 6 - Colts - W  2-4 after this game

Week 7 - Saints - W 3-4 after this game 

Week 8 - Steelers - W -4-4 all of a sudden

Week 9 - 49ers - L  jags just can't beat san fran for some reason. 4-5

Week 10 - Titans - W  5-5

Week 11 - Texans -  W 6-5 

Week 12 - Bengals -  W  Jags surpise people with win over bengals  7-5

Week 13 - Browns - L  Watson remains undeafted againest us   7-6 

Week 14 - Ravens - W 8-6

Week 15 - Bucs - W 9-6

Week 16 - Panthers - W 10-6

Week 17 - Titans - L 10-7  bye this time we have division won ,and locked up,tittians will need to win to make playoffs with needing another team to lose to get in. we will lose game,but what ever other teams needs to lose will win.   

thats all if the team stays healthy,and we don't lose any key players. i would take 5 to 6 wins off .

Not bad. I had us doing something similar to this. Especially in September with us starting off 1 - 3. Sets the narrative up for the mainstream to burst our bubble of optimism a bit but I think it also allows Doug to reign the team back in and get their heads out of the clouds. Last year was last year. This year is this year. You're not going to be able to get away with some of the same things we got away with last year or mask some of the same weaknesses. 

We'll be up and down. Streaky. Just like last year. I am eyeing 2024 as the regular season where they should be talking and thinking Superbowl.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

defensive coordinator still got a lot to prove for me to believe we get that kind of mark, not happening

10 wins, I hope

12-5 or 13-4

I'm still on 9 or 10 wins as I wait to see how everything unfolds between now and the end of preseason.

I'm figuring in some potential for injury and a team or two surprising us as the Jags just struggle to execute to their full potential a few times mixed through the year. It happens.
For instance: Week 18 vs the tacks should have been a blowout win but we mostly shot ourselves in the foot in that one.
Year two in the system will help some of this stuff, but I don't expect them to hit a home run in every at bat.

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2023, 12:42 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I hope Doug posts this in the locker room

https://www.si.com/nfl/titans/news/tenne...JjZ0GScB5Q

unforttanttly its a good possbilitly cause not only did jags lose Key,he could tell tittians defense a lot of things about the jags offensse. This season won't be a cake walk. it never is. don't expect to sweep tittians this season either. we might squeak out 1 win ,but sweeping them no way.

(07-21-2023, 01:19 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: unforttanttly its a good possbilitly cause not only did jags lose Key,he could tell tittians defense a lot of things about the jags offensse. This season won't be a cake walk. it never is. don't expect to sweep tittians this season either. we might squeak out 1 win ,but sweeping them no way.

you seem obsessed with this all too common occurrence.

You recall that Shaq Griffin is now with the tinhorns, too, right? @That's 4 losses we gotta prepare for, I'm sure@.

Guys change teams EVERY YEAR. Key ain't gonna tell them much more than their scouting told them already.

You're right that the season won't be a cake walk, but for reasons completely outside of Arden Key's influence.

Griffrin never helped jags out at all the time he was with jags. Key was a huge part of our defense was Arden Key.

(07-26-2023, 01:49 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Griffrin never helped jags out at all the time he was with jags. Key was a huge part of our defense was Arden Key.

Key was a good rotational contributor on defense. 
He played about 35-40% of the defensive snaps and made a difference in some games. 

Huge??  Ehhh, I don't know about "huge."
 But the Jags will need others to step up in order to replace his production. 
Lots of scenarios to make that happen exist.

No idea why Griffin is still even mentioned. 
Bad signing that never worked out. 
Non-factor in any 2024 discussion.

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2023, 03:01 PM by Jag149.)

(07-26-2023, 02:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-26-2023, 01:49 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Griffrin never helped jags out at all the time he was with jags. Key was a huge part of our defense was Arden Key.

He played about 35-40% of the defensive snaps and made a difference in some games. 

I think it is great. most of our receivers have gone against him in practice
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(07-26-2023, 03:01 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(07-26-2023, 02:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Key was a good rotational contributor on defense. 

I think it is great. most of our receivers have gone against him in practice

Ahhh, I see your point. He's with a division team. 

But I think Nelson, Stingley and King are probably all ahead of him on that depth chart. He may never see the field against us.

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2023, 04:32 PM by Mikey.)

Is this your new standup act?

because calling Key's contribution huge has me in stitches.

(07-26-2023, 02:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

griffin was mentioned because apparently the tacks are onto our plans now that key is a traitor. Ol' griff is just as much a traitor, so the tinhorns should play us just as overwhelmingly by that logic, right? Just pokin' some more holes in the swiss cheese logic that is par for course.

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2023, 03:08 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 2 times in total.)

I agree this season won’t be a cake walk. We’re all expecting 10+ wins, and to win the division, and go to the playoffs. We could come out in week 1 and blow the Colts out, or Richardson could have 2 TD runs of 50 yards and we lose by 14 points and get off to a slow start.

The Jaguars are still a 9-8 football team and the entire division got better this offseason with Richardson as the Colts QB and they also have one of the premier RBs in all of football who put up over 1,000 yards in 11 games last year in Jonathan Taylor. In 2021 Taylor put up over 2100 yards of offense including 1800 yards rushing behind 3 time All Pro and 5 time pro bowler Quenton Nelson. Minshew is also capable of getting the Colts off to a quick start while Richardson plays a Lamar Jackson/Joe Flacco type role until he’s ready to be the full time starter. WR Michael Pittman has 187 receptions over the last 2 seasons with 2007 yards receiving and 10 TDs.

The Texans got better with Anderson, who could wreck a game and they got their QB of the future in CJ Stroud. Their defensive line could be stout with Anderson and Hughes, who had 9 sacks last year. The guy to watch out for is the safety Pitre. He was up for defensive rookie of the year and led the Texans in tackles with 147 and also led the team with 5 interceptions. He should be even better with the addition of Anderson. This same defense beat the Jaguars last year in week 5, holding the Jaguars to 6 points.

The Titans almost won in week 18 with backup QB Dobbs. Tannehill plus Hopkins will make these games much tougher. Derrick Henry is still capable of 200 yards and 3 TDs in any game. Henry rushed over 100 yards in both games against the Jaguars last year. They also added WR D. Hop which will boost their offense. Their defensive line is very good. Between Simmons, Landry, Tart and Autry they have 28.5 sacks and then the add Arden Key who will be a starter over there. Arden Key impacts the game that don’t show up on that stat sheet. Safety Kevin Byard is a 2 time All Pro and has 27 ints since 2017 and he racked up over 100 tackles last year for the 2nd time in his career. They also have a roster littered with guys that have been selected as an All Pro and/or Pro Bowl in their careers:

Henry - All Pro
Hopkins - All Pro
Byard - All Pro
Cox - All Pro
Jones - Pro Bowl
Landry - Pro Bowl

We open up with the Colts, then the Chiefs, then the Texans. Later on down the line we got Josh Allen and the Bills, Joe Burrow, Jamar Chase and the Bengals, Pittsburgh, San Fran, Lamar Jackson and the Ravens, the Panthers and first overall pick Bryce Young.

Throw in Cleveland with Deshaun Watson, Nick Chubb, Myles Garrett, Amari Cooper. Myles Garrett and Za’darius Smith combined for 26 sacks last year.

We also have New Orleans with Derek Carr who could sneak up on you at anytime.

Still have to go out and earn every win. “Any team can beat any team.”

- Stat Man

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2023, 07:23 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(07-26-2023, 07:15 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I agree this season won’t be a cake walk. We’re all expecting 10+ wins, and to win the division, and go to the playoffs. We could come out in week 1 and blow the Colts out, or Richardson could have 2 TD runs of 50 yards and we lose by 14 points and get off to a slow start.

The Jaguars are still a 9-8 football team and the entire division got better this offseason with Richardson as the Colts QB and they also have one of the premier RBs in all of football who put up over 1,000 yards in 11 games last year in Jonathan Taylor. In 2021 Taylor put up over 2100 yards of offense including 1800 yards rushing behind 3 time All Pro and 5 time pro bowler Quenton Nelson. Minshew is also capable of getting the Colts off to a quick start while Richardson plays a Lamar Jackson/Joe Flacco type role until he’s ready to be the full time starter. WR Michael Pittman has 187 receptions over the last 2 seasons with 2007 yards receiving and 10 TDs.

The Texans got better with Anderson, who could wreck a game and they got their QB of the future in CJ Stroud. Their defensive line could be stout with Anderson and Hughes, who had 9 sacks last year. The guy to watch out for is the safety Pitre. He was up for defensive rookie of the year and led the Texans in tackles with 147 and also led the team with 5 interceptions. He should be even better with the addition of Anderson. This same defense beat the Jaguars last year in week 5, holding the Jaguars to 6 points.

The Titans almost won in week 18 with backup QB Dobbs. Tannehill plus Hopkins will make these games much tougher. Derrick Henry is still capable of 200 yards and 3 TDs in any game. Henry rushed over 100 yards in both games against the Jaguars last year. They also added WR D. Hop which will boost their offense. Their defensive line is very good. Between Simmons, Landry, Tart and Autry they have 28.5 sacks and then the add Arden Key who will be a starter over there. Arden Key impacts the game that don’t show up on that stat sheet. Safety Kevin Byard is a 2 time All Pro and has 27 ints since 2017 and he racked up over 100 tackles last year for the 2nd time in his career. They also have a roster littered with guys that have been selected as an All Pro and/or Pro Bowl in their careers:

Henry - All Pro
Hopkins - All Pro
Byard - All Pro
Cox - All Pro
Jones - Pro Bowl
Landry - Pro Bowl

We open up with the Colts, then the Chiefs, then the Texans. Later on down the line we got Josh Allen and the Bills, Joe Burrow, Jamar Chase and the Bengals, Pittsburgh, San Fran, Lamar Jackson and the Ravens, the Panthers and first overall pick Bryce Young.

Throw in Cleveland with Deshaun Watson, Nick Chubb, Myles Garrett, Amari Cooper. Myles Garrett and Za’darius Smith combined for 26 sacks last year.

- Stat Man

Bro i'm sorry but if anyone thinks Richardson is gonna be good, theres no way you actually watched him play. Stroud is a big 50/50 for me, like Fields was a few years ago. He played in one of the most dumbed down offensive schemes i've ever seen. He will certainly not be good this year, that step up from most of you passes being playaction-1 read plays turn into him having to actually read the field, he's gonna struggle this year regardless if he's able to adjust later on, tho he does have much more talent than Richardonson, that guy cannot throw a football. He's essentially another Tim Tebow except he's actually fast, could be annoying here and there but what you saw from justin fields last year is about the ceiling I see for Richardonson, and I don't think he's anywhere near as good as Fields as a runner, and he's not any better at passing.

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2023, 03:07 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-26-2023, 07:23 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(07-26-2023, 07:15 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I agree this season won’t be a cake walk. We’re all expecting 10+ wins, and to win the division, and go to the playoffs. We could come out in week 1 and blow the Colts out, or Richardson could have 2 TD runs of 50 yards and we lose by 14 points and get off to a slow start.

Henry - All Pro
Hopkins - All Pro
Byard - All Pro
Cox - All Pro
Jones - Pro Bowl
Landry - Pro Bowl

- Stat Man

Bro i'm sorry but if anyone thinks Richardson is gonna be good, theres no way you actually watched him play. Stroud is a big 50/50 for me, like Fields was a few years ago. He played in one of the most dumbed down offensive schemes i've ever seen. He will certainly not be good this year, that step up from most of you passes being playaction-1 read plays turn into him having to actually read the field, he's gonna struggle this year regardless if he's able to adjust later on, tho he does have much more talent than Richardonson, that guy cannot throw a football. He's essentially another Tim Tebow except he's actually fast, could be annoying here and there but what you saw from justin fields last year is about the ceiling I see for Richardonson, and I don't think he's anywhere near as good as Fields as a runner, and he's not any better at passing.

The bolded part has nothing to do with throwing.

A note regarding our schedule and New Orleans.

10 times the Jaguars have allowed 500 yards or more of offense by another team. 3 of those times it was the Saints that put up 500 yards against the Jaguars.

2007 the Saints put up 538 yards vs Jaguars
2011 the Saints put up 503 yards vs Jaguars
2015 the Saints put up 537 yards vs Jaguars

Not sure where to put this, but I’ve been checking out the Chiefs lately and their fans are saying they will probably lose to the Jaguars in week 2.

(07-28-2023, 06:59 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Not sure where to put this, but I’ve been checking out the Chiefs lately and their fans are saying they will probably lose to the Jaguars in week 2.

It's possible, we played them close twice and with the addition of Ridley and hopefully some progression from the younger guys on defense it's not a wild thought that we could beat them..

The key to the tittitians defence is key ?