Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post your schedule predictions here (wins/losses)

(06-11-2023, 08:39 AM)Ronster Wrote: This team is a playoff caliber team, no way less than 10 wins, I predict 11-6

I think this team SHOULD be a playoff contender. But but but, but. It really just depends on unproven players, showing up. Which technically speaking, it's pretty hard to be worse year 2 than you were in year 1 just because of the experience and another off-season of work being put in.

I don't think Trevor regresses this year, he came out with 25 tds 8 ints (my prediction pre season was 22 td 15 ints) so he definitely made huge improvement from 12-15. 

I'd feel confident in this point to say I could see Trevor hitting 35 tds this year (and hopefully another >10 ints) would be a beautiful improvement and one that could on it's own at the very least keep us as frontrunners for the division. 

Where I do worry, however is the defense. 2 main issues.

Nickel Corner. Everyone on this board knows my distain for the useless player that is Tre Herndon, no disrespect to him as a person but he really, really sucks. He was giving up long passing plays all season and almost always at the worst possible time partially due to the fact that we had absolutely no pass rush. 

In other words, for this season to be an absolute success story, 10-11-12 even 13 wins.. imo we need the following to occur

Trevors next step (Looking good based on the second half of last season, combined with him now having chemistry with Zay Jones and C Kirk + the massive addition of Calvin Ridley.

Nickel Corner Back position becoming a strength rather than a huge weakness (Not so sure how I feel about this, I think it will take a rookie to outshine Herndon in TC to make this happen and I'm not sure we got one since we addressed this big need late in the draft for whatever reason. 

And Pass Rush finally, I think it's a big 50/50 on whether or not we are able to start getting at the QB this year, I think the biggest hope for me is that Travon's rookie season + another off season primes him up to at the very least, be an 8-10 sack guy... as for Josh Allen, He had a bad case of Dante Fowler syndrome last year where he'd get near the QB more often than not but just be incappable of getting him down. I've never been the biggest Allen fan, but I do think he has the ability to be really good but he needs to step it up. 

All in all, optimisticly speaking I see 13 wins with how weak our schedule is. But I'm leaning more towards 9-10 wins based in reality. I'm sure not EVERYTHING goes our way, but man.. if it does. Could be a special year.

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 05-18-2023, 05:43 AM
RE: Post your schedule predictions here (wins/losses) - by ChrisJagBoy - 06-11-2023, 09:53 AM