Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stadium renovation design

I read this morning that the design of the new renovated stadium will resemble SoFi stadium the Rams play in.
Is this accurate?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-13-2023, 10:15 AM)jagboss Wrote: I read this morning that the design of the new renovated stadium will resemble SoFi stadium the Rams play in.
Is this accurate?

I don't think they actually have a design yet.  Where did you read that?

We could get this stadium built in 3 months if we just followed the Qatar World Cup strategy of building 7 stadiums in 12 years. Oh wait a second, just saw 6,500 migrant workers died during the construction process so that may not be a good look for the city as we have enough people dying on the streets already.

I’m sure they’re looking at SoFi stadium as a concept for a shaded venue. Our stadium is such a large area to cover. It will be interesting to see how they do it.

(05-13-2023, 10:15 AM)jagboss Wrote: I read this morning that the design of the new renovated stadium will resemble SoFi stadium the Rams play in.
Is this accurate?

All speculation at this point. 
SoFi gets brought up because they have a shade system that doesn't throw shadows on the field. 
(like Miami's Hard Rock stadium does)

SoFi stadium is amazing. 

https://youtu.be/jfJILuSZFIY

Is this accurate?

I definitely love if they adapt that concept for the
Bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]

I would be extremely surprised if the Sofi roof design could be configured to withstand a major hurricane risks with swirling winds up to 130 mph, or possible flooding risks.

SoFi itself has already major issues with wind tunnel effect, lightning delays, as well as downpours/leaks.

Here is a really good article by Gene Frenette.

SoFi stadium is an inspiration for the renovation. Also, no one is happy about Lenny Curry running his yap.

Lamping also lays it bare; if a stadium deal isn’t reached soon, by necessity the Jags will have to start considering another home. A scenario neither side wants.

(05-14-2023, 08:11 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Here is a really good article by Gene Frenette.

SoFi stadium is an inspiration for the renovation. Also, no one is happy about Lenny Curry running his yap.

Lamping also lays it bare; if a stadium deal isn’t reached soon, by necessity the Jags will have to start considering another home. A scenario neither side wants.

Great article thank you for posting.  It has always been this way. If Jacksonville wants a new 30 year lease then a new stadium is the price that will need to be paid to get the other owners to approve it.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(05-14-2023, 09:21 AM)Jag149 Wrote:
(05-14-2023, 08:11 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Here is a really good article by Gene Frenette.

Great article thank you for posting.  It has always been this way. If Jacksonville wants a new 30 year lease then a new stadium is the price that will need to be paid to get the other owners to approve it.

Thankfully both mayoral candidates acknowledge this and have pledged to do what it takes to keep the Jags here.

(05-14-2023, 09:53 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-14-2023, 09:21 AM)Jag149 Wrote: Great article thank you for posting.  It has always been this way. If Jacksonville wants a new 30 year lease then a new stadium is the price that will need to be paid to get the other owners to approve it.

Thankfully both mayoral candidates acknowledge this and have pledged to do what it takes to keep the Jags here.

That’s good and I imagine most of the city council would be on board too. The fly in the ointment may be Jacksonville voters as any bond issues would probably need approval in a referendum. Based on comments I read and hear, there is an alarmingly large segment of the population who would be happy to see the Jags move rather than investing any public funds. Hopefully any opposition can be overcome when that comes up.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(05-14-2023, 12:39 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(05-14-2023, 09:53 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Thankfully both mayoral candidates acknowledge this and have pledged to do what it takes to keep the Jags here.

That’s good and I imagine most of the city council would be on board too. The fly in the ointment may be Jacksonville voters as any bond issues would probably need approval in a referendum. Based on comments I read and hear, there is an alarmingly large segment of the population who would be happy to see the Jags move rather than investing any public funds. Hopefully any opposition can be overcome when that comes up.

It’s pretty surprising how many in this city would be happier if the Jags left. However, that is a direct result of the team’s dismal performance. While most of those citizens wouldn’t know a football from a bowling ball, they resent having Jacksonville associated with a perennial losing team. It just adds to to our inferiority complex.

If the Jags can establish themselves as consistent winners, a lot of those people will change their tune.

(05-15-2023, 12:52 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-14-2023, 12:39 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: That’s good and I imagine most of the city council would be on board too. The fly in the ointment may be Jacksonville voters as any bond issues would probably need approval in a referendum. Based on comments I read and hear, there is an alarmingly large segment of the population who would be happy to see the Jags move rather than investing any public funds. Hopefully any opposition can be overcome when that comes up.

It’s pretty surprising how many in this city would be happier if the Jags left. However, that is a direct result of the team’s dismal performance. While most of those citizens wouldn’t know a football from a bowling ball, they resent having Jacksonville associated with a perennial losing team. It just adds to to our inferiority complex.

If the Jags can establish themselves as consistent winners, a lot of those people will change their tune.

Agreed. We should be able to get it approved when it comes to a vote but the fact that it's even a concern is not great. And the people who are opposed are going to be very vocal sadly.

(05-13-2023, 12:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: SoFi stadium is amazing. 

The things you can build when you have 5 billion to spend.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(05-15-2023, 01:05 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 12:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: SoFi stadium is amazing. 

The things you can build when you have 5 billion to spend.

That is the California price. It wouldn't cost that much in Florida.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(05-15-2023, 04:00 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(05-15-2023, 01:05 PM)Sneakers Wrote: The things you can build when you have 5 billion to spend.

That is the California price. It wouldn't cost that much in Florida.

Exactly.  They are using Pesos out there so 5 billion is really only $286,587,350 USD

This is interesting. 

https://twitter.com/MadeByTim/status/165...28804?s=20

(05-14-2023, 12:39 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(05-14-2023, 09:53 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Thankfully both mayoral candidates acknowledge this and have pledged to do what it takes to keep the Jags here.

This has always been the case here.

It's uncanny.

If they were around when Edison invented the light bulb, they would be the ones lamenting the fate of candles.  When indoor plumbing became a thing, these people were the ones missing those walks outdoors.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-19-2023, 06:35 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-14-2023, 12:39 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: That’s good and I imagine most of the city council would be on board too. The fly in the ointment may be Jacksonville voters as any bond issues would probably need approval in a referendum. Based on comments I read and hear, there is an alarmingly large segment of the population who would be happy to see the Jags move rather than investing any public funds. Hopefully any opposition can be overcome when that comes up.

This has always been the case here.

It's uncanny.

If they were around when Edison invented the light bulb, they would be the ones lamenting the fate of candles.  When indoor plumbing became a thing, these people were the ones missing those walks outdoors.

Yep, very much so. I just hope they’re in the minority when the chips are down.