Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 1: Jags in Indy

I thibk AR is gonna get decapitated by our D

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

As a gator fan I hope they start Richardson, he sucks. That's all
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

AR will be the starting QB and no JT. Darrell Baker and Dallis Flowers are their starting corners, 2 UDFA from last year. This should be a nice tune up game for week 2. The biggest test will be their dline vs our oline. Block Paye and Buckner and we should roll

Can’t believe how they are handling the Taylor situation. What is Irsay thinking? They have a rookie QB and they are letting an 1800 yard back permission to be traded 2 weeks before the NFL season officially begins. And they didn’t play Richardson in the last preseason game. Things ain’t good up in Indy.

Should be the easiest game on our schedule, AR is garbage and that offense should be awful if JT isnt playing

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2023, 05:10 AM by JaguarJosh2.)

The one player on their offense that might scare some people probably won't be available Week 1. Richardson is horrible, but that hasn't stopped past Jaguars defenses from helping mediocre and bad QB's look great. I think our offense should be able to dictate the flow of the game, being in a dome and against a low tier defense. Stay balanced, move the chains, make the rookie play from behind and make mistakes, then capitalize on those mistakes. Division road game is never easy. Just hope we're "up" for the game.

Richardson will probably play better than we expect at least until we get him figured out. I expect him to get some yards on the ground and probably make some improvisational plays.

Hopefully he doesn’t play too badly because he could get pulled for Minshew who would likely be more efficient. If our O gets rolling though it won’t matter.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-24-2023, 05:49 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Richardson will probably play better than we expect at least until we get him figured out. I expect him to get some yards on the ground and probably make some improvisational plays.

Hopefully he doesn’t play too badly because he could get pulled for Minshew who would likely be more efficient. If our O gets rolling though it won’t matter.

This is worrying that we get off to a fast start like we need to and are sitting comfortable with a 2-3 score lead and the Clots swap QB's at halftime and suddenly we can't stop anything.

(08-24-2023, 06:05 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote:
(08-24-2023, 05:49 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Richardson will probably play better than we expect at least until we get him figured out. I expect him to get some yards on the ground and probably make some improvisational plays.

This is worrying that we get off to a fast start like we need to and are sitting comfortable with a 2-3 score lead and the Clots swap QB's at halftime and suddenly we can't stop anything.

It's gonna be a long season for you if you're worried about not being able to stop anything from the Colts.

(08-24-2023, 06:05 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote:

The Colts aren't going to pull AR week one.  It's clear that Irsay is mandating he play.

(08-24-2023, 07:27 AM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(08-24-2023, 06:05 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: This is worrying that we get off to a fast start like we need to and are sitting comfortable with a 2-3 score lead and the Clots swap QB's at halftime and suddenly we can't stop anything.

The Colts aren't going to pull AR week one.  It's clear that Irsay is mandating he play.

3 INTs, a fumble, and 4 for 11 for 19 yards in a half will get him pulled.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

It's going to be a blow-out

Score Prediction

36- 7

(05-13-2023, 01:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Thoughts?  First thought for me is who will the Colts play at QB.  I'd much rather play AR.  AR has horrible accuracy and I think Mike Cladwell will be able to call a defense that will be able to confuse AR in his first NFL game.  First priority will be stopping the run.  On offense I just don't see the Colts corners being able to cover our WRs.  I see Ridley having a huge game in his first game back.

Lol ... this is like my post last week but since it has a different title, it will stay in this section.

I'm sensing a 31-17 Jags win here.

clots are in an Irsay induced free fall

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2023, 11:12 AM by JaguarJosh2.)

I think we can (and SHOULD) win convincingly. Would be surprising to say the least if we lost, or even almost lost.

If we don't collect any more major injuries, I like our chances to start 1-0. Division games are always a toss up, but week 1 Colts are pretty bad if history is to repeat. I'd take the Jags in a 1 possession game. Something like 24-20.

44-13 Jags

Week 1 is always tricky.

AR could run for 150 and 2 scores but at the same time throw for 150 with 3 picks.

Hopefully the Jags offense comes out firing on all cylinders and we can get some kind of pressure on AR.

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2023, 03:35 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 3 times in total.)

If our DL continues to struggle at rushing the passer, it could be a long day for the secondary. Turnovers can flip the tides. The Colts haven’t won week 1 at home in 10 years so they have to be due. It could come down to a last minute FG. Everybody is predicting the Jaguars to wake up and win the division but I don’t think it’s that easy. Richardson has the ability to get 116 on the ground with 2 scores and 190 in the air with a pass TD with some bubble screens and dump offs and maybe a deep shot here and there. I look back to the first Texans game last year. I hope I’m wrong but..

Colts - 28
Jaguars - 27

We’re not going anywhere unless we can sack the QB. Not hit, not pressure, but sack.

(08-24-2023, 03:33 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If our DL continues to struggle at rushing the passer, it could be a long day for the secondary. Turnovers can flip the tides. The Colts haven’t won week 1 at home in 10 years so they have to be due. It could come down to a last minute FG. Everybody is predicting the Jaguars to wake up and win the division but I don’t think it’s that easy. Richardson has the ability to get 116 on the ground with 2 scores and 190 in the air with a pass TD with some bubble screens and dump offs and maybe a deep shot here and there. I look back to the first Texans game last year. I hope I’m wrong but..

Colts - 28
Jaguars - 27

We’re not going anywhere unless we can sack the QB. Not hit, not pressure, but sack.

Something I've noticed during the preseason is that our defensive line has looked fantastic. Unfortunately injuries are hampering that excitement a bit now, especially with Hamilton, but I think there is just no way we regress from last year. I think we hit home a lot, and our D-Line has an Eagles-esque transformation. I think our defense is gonna be great.