Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rookie Mini Camp Reports

Lots of twitter posts today surrounding these workouts/drills etc. 

I've seen posts that Hallett, Braswell and Johnson all took reps at nickel. 

Here is Abdullah vs Johnson:

https://twitter.com/JustonLewis_/status/...38912?s=20

https://twitter.com/JustonLewis_/status/...38912?s=20

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Abdullah has some Robert Mathis in him. Man he’s gonna put some pressure on them 300 plus tackles with that quickness and speed. I know it wasn’t full speed with pads, but Abdullah just murk’d Harrison on that first play. With that said, the 2nd play is what he’s going to have to adjust. Harrison just picked his light self off the ground.

Dunno if I'm happy or sad that Abdullah looks to be getting the better of our 1st round tackle.

(05-13-2023, 03:03 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Dunno if I'm happy or sad that Abdullah looks to be getting the better of our 1st round tackle.

Beat me to it.

(05-13-2023, 03:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1657...08458?s=20

He’s got some stiff hips. I think better for S than Nickle, he won’t be able to catch up to faster shiftier slot WRs

(05-13-2023, 03:03 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Dunno if I'm happy or sad that Abdullah looks to be getting the better of our 1st round tackle.
lol

Knew this was gonna happen.

Relax.

We need to remember this is a new position for Harrison. With that said,  we are known for drafting players in the first and playing them out of their natural position.  Fowler, Bryan,Walker etc.

(05-13-2023, 02:33 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Abdullah has some Robert Mathis in him. Man he’s gonna put some pressure on them 300 plus tackles with that quickness and speed. I know it wasn’t full speed with pads, but Abdullah just murk’d Harrison on that first play. With that said, the 2nd play is what he’s going to have to adjust. Harrison just picked his light self off the ground.

Yeah...It's called holding.

It’s good see the rookies on the field.

(05-13-2023, 04:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
lol

Relax.

You're too soft for this game sir... 

Remarkable lack on hustle on that first play, ... Cut him, hand him his slip and then cut him again!

(05-13-2023, 04:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
lol

Relax.

Yea, I think they awarded the game watch to Abdullah also a first practice trophy for going full speed in a half speed practice. Probably the reason for him getting picked up off the ground the next play.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(05-13-2023, 03:54 PM)MojoKing Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 03:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1657...08458?s=20

He’s got some stiff hips. I think better for S than Nickle, he won’t be able to catch up to faster shiftier slot WRs

He was just getting some work in just like when Etienne was working with the WRs in his rookie year.

(05-13-2023, 03:50 PM)GaJag Wrote:

Beat me to it.

If you are getting happy or sad from 7 on 7 drills in rookie mini camp, you're reading waaaaayyyyy too far into this [BLEEP]

I'm neither at this point, considering they are not in pads.

If the same report comes out after the start of training camp, then I start to worry about the state of the OL or be encouraged about our edge rush options.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-13-2023, 07:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 03:50 PM)GaJag Wrote: Beat me to it.

If you are getting happy or sad from 7 on 7 drills in rookie mini camp, you're reading waaaaayyyyy too far into this [BLEEP]

Don't get me wrong, i'm not flippin tables over it. I just don't expect a 1st round tackle to get handled by a 5th round edge rusher. And this clip was far from the only time it happened. Now, with that said.. Maybe Abdullah turns out to be an epic steal in the draft and is actually just that guy.

(05-13-2023, 11:44 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 07:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If you are getting happy or sad from 7 on 7 drills in rookie mini camp, you're reading waaaaayyyyy too far into this [BLEEP]

Don't get me wrong, i'm not flippin tables over it. I just don't expect a 1st round tackle to get handled by a 5th round edge rusher. And this clip was far from the only time it happened. Now, with that said.. Maybe Abdullah turns out to be an epic steal in the draft and is actually just that guy.

Its fun to look at, but until the pads start poppin none of this means anything. Just a small chance for the coaches to see these guys move around a little bit.