Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars to sign former Rams TE Jacob Harris.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My question is what's up with Engram at this point?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(05-15-2023, 11:51 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: My question is what's up with Engram at this point?

not sure, but us having options only makes negotiation more difficult on his part.

I don't see any of the guys brought in being the replacement, but it also saves us from acting out of desperation.

(05-15-2023, 11:51 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: My question is what's up with Engram at this point?

I don't think this signing has any impact whatsoever.  This player is competing for a bottom roster spot and may not even get that.

(05-15-2023, 12:33 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:

I don't think this signing has any impact whatsoever.  This player is competing for a bottom roster spot and may not even get that.

Jacob Harris (American football) - Wikipedia

Interesting if these numbers are accurate. 4.3 40', 6'4 but barely 210 pounds, as a TE? That doesn't match up for me. He's listed as a WR online. Not a TE.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Special teamer. Hopefully it's a vet minimum deal.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(05-15-2023, 12:41 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Special teamer.  Hopefully it's a vet minimum deal.

Yeah. Interesting signing. Good athlete but it seems like he never caught on at WR nor TE for the Rams and he kept getting injured. I just can't buy into that article though with him being an Engram type at TE. He's way too light to play an Engram role. Engram has about 30 pounds on him.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-15-2023, 12:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-15-2023, 12:41 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Special teamer.  Hopefully it's a vet minimum deal.

Yeah. Interesting signing. Good athlete but it seems like he never caught on at WR nor TE for the Rams and he kept getting injured. I just can't buy into that article though with him being an Engram type at TE. He's way too light to play an Engram role. Engram has about 30 pounds on him.

He was about 219 @ the combine, engram was 234.   His explosive measurable #s are elite, he had a bad knee injury rookie year and then comes back to the hangover year and can't catch on.  

I've Saud it before and I'll say it again, I love Evan engram, but running a 5 yard drag route isn't rocket science.   The ability to carry momentum and outrun a DB is special.   4.39 @ the position offer some of that.  I think he can go to 235 and @ least fill dan Arnold's roll as the second MOVE TE.

Apparently he was seen on an Instagram Live shot at Cam Robinson's HGH party held a few months ago.  Good news, no guns were shown in the video.

(05-15-2023, 12:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-15-2023, 12:33 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I don't think this signing has any impact whatsoever.  This player is competing for a bottom roster spot and may not even get that.

Jacob Harris (American football) - Wikipedia

Interesting if these numbers are accurate. 4.3 40', 6'4 but barely 210 pounds, as a TE? That doesn't match up for me. He's listed as a WR online. Not a TE.

Our coach the whole time in Philly always had speed stashed away on his roster.  As for Engram, I am suspecting he is wanting to be paid as a top WR, not TE. He was interviewed some time ago about betting on himself last year. He almost said as much, but then I can sometimes read things into stuff.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Reading into this is a fool's errand

I hope Engram signs the tag with no distractions and we keep Agnew. Those are my only 2 wishes between now and week 1. This new TE has off the chart RAS scores but as a WR. I’d like to see him in the trenches. Ernest Wilford vibes.

This guy is fast.

This has the stench of a Balke classic. Find the guy with absurd physical gifts who is available cheap because of an injury.

(05-15-2023, 12:33 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:

I agree, and this guy is playing WR anyway.

I just saw TE and it made me think that I haven't heard anything in a while.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2023, 07:55 AM by Mikey.)

(05-15-2023, 08:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Reading into this is a fool's errand

I feel seen

(05-16-2023, 03:10 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: This has the stench of a Balke classic. Find the guy with absurd physical gifts who is available cheap because of an injury.

So if it hits, you strike gold, if it don't you've lost next to nothing?

Turrible.

(05-16-2023, 07:01 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(05-15-2023, 12:33 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I don't think this signing has any impact whatsoever.  This player is competing for a bottom roster spot and may not even get that.

I agree, and this guy is playing WR anyway.

I just saw TE and it made me think that I haven't heard anything in a while.

If dude is playing WR he's doing little more than putting preseason film out there for the other 31 scouting teams.

I was surprised enough that we bothered to darft a WR, let alone signing anyone else in FA. Guess you gotta have guys to run reps in the summer sun.

(05-16-2023, 03:10 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: This has the stench of a Balke classic. Find the guy with absurd physical gifts who is available cheap because of an injury.

Stench?  

And?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-16-2023, 07:56 AM)RicoTx Wrote:

Stench?  

And?

Are you and the other bozo really trying to turn this into something negative? Or are you so anti-social you don't understand what i'm saying. 

If a chiefs fan walks into Arrowhead and says "sure wreaks of winning in here"

Do you think they are insulting the team/stadium?

I feel like i'm having a stroke everytime I read you and that other clowns responses.

I think this guy will be a practice squad guy, needing development and a team's patience.