Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lets be honest.

ok it was great Jags won division in 2022,made playoffs lost to the chiefs.  It was a lot of fun the last season. yes we should have hope for a bright furture, but lets not forget last time jags won divison with a first year head Coach.  They lost players in the off season from the defense, key players,and the team went back downhill, and stunk again.  Jags lost a key defensive player this offseason when Key went to tittians, and smoot is still recovering from injury.  Jags won division in 2017,and in 2018 team went downhill. Its been all down hill since then until last season. I will admit why im excited for the furture of jags I'm still afried, and worried we will get a repeat of 2018-2019 season. Don't get me wrong im not saying thats whats going to happen,im just saying its on my mind for upcomeing season and we shouldn't set our expentations to high yet.  anyone else feel the same way?

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-20-2023, 09:26 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: ok it was great Jags won division in 2022,made playoffs lost to the chiefs.  It was a lot of fun the last season. yes we should have hope for a bright furture, but lets not forget last time jags won divison with a first year head Coach.  They lost players in the off season from the defense, key players,and the team went back downhill, and stunk again.  Jags lost a key defensive player this offseason when Key went to tittians, and smoot is still recovering from injury.  Jags won division in 2017,and in 2018 team went downhill. Its been all down hill since then until last season. I will admit why im excited for the furture of jags I'm still afried, and worried we will get a repeat of 2018-2019 season. Don't get me wrong im not saying thats whats going to happen,im just saying its on my mind for upcomeing season and we shouldn't set our expentations to high yet.  anyone else feel the same way?

Not me.  I feel very optimistic.

(05-20-2023, 09:26 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: ok it was great Jags won division in 2022,made playoffs lost to the chiefs.  It was a lot of fun the last season. yes we should have hope for a bright furture, but lets not forget last time jags won divison with a first year head Coach.  They lost players in the off season from the defense, key players,and the team went back downhill, and stunk again.  Jags lost a key defensive player this offseason when Key went to tittians, and smoot is still recovering from injury.  Jags won division in 2017,and in 2018 team went downhill. Its been all down hill since then until last season. I will admit why im excited for the furture of jags I'm still afried, and worried we will get a repeat of 2018-2019 season. Don't get me wrong im not saying thats whats going to happen,im just saying its on my mind for upcomeing season and we shouldn't set our expentations to high yet.  anyone else feel the same way?

Arden Key has already been replaced. Marrone was an average coach while Pederson is clearly among the best. Trevor is light years better than the Boat, as are all the skill players around him. Everything is going to be fine.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

No because we have Lawrence instead of Boggles. Key played great vs Titans but he’s only had 14 sacks in his entire 5 year career. What did he have last year, 4 and some change…I can find that in my couch cushions.

The AFC South is more worried about stopping Trevor than Arden.

Teams with great QBs will find ways to win.

(This post was last modified: 05-20-2023, 12:33 PM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

So the franchise is going to go back into the trash because we lost Arden Key? Is that what this is? The defense carried the 2017 team really hard, so losing half of them was losing our only edge. We have an influx of young talent to take over for Key and anyone else that can't play on the defensive side of the ball. There is plenty of room for improvement there. We have a real coach, and a good QB. That's all most of the perennial playoff teams ever have year to year. We could have one of the league's most prolific passing attacks with Ridley joining the group, complemented by a stable of solid RB's. I like our chances to outscore anyone we face, if the defense can just be average we'll be an elite team this year I think. I'm usually a pessimist but the times are changing and have changed for the Jaguars I feel. So to being honest, the honest truth is that the Jaguars are actually a good team and the sky is the limit. Lets enjoy the run I say.

(05-20-2023, 11:24 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: No because we have Lawrence instead of Boggles. Key played great vs Titans but he’s only had 14 sacks in his entire 5 year career. What did he have last year, 4 and some change…I can find that in my couch cushions.

Josh Allen under performed last year and he had 4 sacks.

TJ Watt missed 7 games and had 5 sacks.

Keys won't be missed.   He still needs to be replaced imo, but he won't be missed.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

As mentioned above, that decline mirrored the decline of Blake. Trevor has shown every sign of being a franchise defining qb. That completely changes the calculus.

It's conceivable that the d takes a step back and we don't win the duvision.... this year, but long term 16 is going to provide a level of stability this franchise has never had.

I get it, the Jaguars have a history of making us fans have egg on our face.

What happened to the positive snowwolf.  We now have this depressing one who remains negative.

Lets just see what happens.

Cautiously, optimistic is never a bad thing.

(05-20-2023, 02:34 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote:
(05-20-2023, 11:24 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: No because we have Lawrence instead of Boggles. Key played great vs Titans but he’s only had 14 sacks in his entire 5 year career. What did he have last year, 4 and some change…I can find that in my couch cushions.

Josh Allen under performed last year and he had 4 sacks.

TJ Watt missed 7 games and had 5 sacks.

Keys won't be missed.   He still needs to be replaced imo, but he won't be missed.

Allen had 7 last year but I agree he under performed….I’ll be on Allen all season. If Ngakoue comes back, Allen could be fighting for playing time.

If that’s the case then so be it. I ain’t got time for Allen to be piddling around with 5 or 6 per.

I expent then to win at least 11 games. And both against the tittians.

It’s going to help a lot if the defense improves. Let us hope.

HONESTY:

The Jags are in a good position to win their division based on their HC and QB combo alone.

Yes, they have question marks on defense, and the roster isn't perfect everywhere you look, but they appear better off than their divisional opponents on paper.

Stay healthy and the 2023 season should be a winning one.

I am of the “Show me” club. I want to see them pick up where they left off last year and improve upon that. The Chiefs are the target. Time for the Jags to take the next step, if they can do that this year, I’ll believe. We’ll see, soon enough…
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

They'll most likely win 10 to 12 games a year for the next 3 or 4 years. In this division, that should be enough to win the Division title at least 3 more times.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2023, 05:11 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

Biggest change from 2017 to 2018 was not free agency.  It was injuries.  2017 Jags was the luckiest team I've seen from an injury standpoint since the 1997 Broncos.  The Cam Robinson injury that year probably had the biggest impact, making Fournette's output go down. But all of the injuries mattered.  Second biggest change was Posluzny's retirement.  Jags were not ready to let him go.

I think a drop off like that is not very likely in 2023.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Our D may take a step back who knows but I think the O is going to be very hard to stop.
No Fun

(05-21-2023, 09:31 AM)Ronster Wrote: I am of the “Show me” club. I want to see them pick up where they left off last year and improve upon that. The Chiefs are the target. Time for the Jags to take the next step, if they can do that this year, I’ll believe. We’ll see, soon enough…

Actually, you declared yourself 'boycott club' long ago. 

Your whiny bull [BLEEP] is therefore null and void.

(05-21-2023, 05:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-21-2023, 09:31 AM)Ronster Wrote: I am of the “Show me” club. I want to see them pick up where they left off last year and improve upon that. The Chiefs are the target. Time for the Jags to take the next step, if they can do that this year, I’ll believe. We’ll see, soon enough…

Actually, you declared yourself 'boycott club' long ago. 

Your whiny bull [BLEEP] is therefore null and void.

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.picturequotes.com%2F...ipo=images]