Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We should remove "Fragile" Fred from the annals of history

Keep in mind that Fred acquired the nickname as a rookie. He kept going down to one injury or another as a rookie, but fortunately he was a very fast healer back then and usually managed to start the following week. It's almost incredible that he only missed four starts as a rookie.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He can thank Tom Coughlin for the nickname.  It was Coughlin's refusal to reveal the severity of his injuries that allowed that nickname.  After the fact, when it was revealed just how serious some of those injuries he suffered were, people ditched the label.  I never understood why people called him that because the guy was tough as nails, and played through a lot.  When he adopted his new training regimen and dietary restrictions, it prolonged his career and allowed him to play effectively despite the injuries. 

After reading this article, it's difficult to know when he sustained many of these injuries.  Just because an MRI/x-ray shows a history of broken bones or partially torn labrums, that doesn't pinpoint when they occurred.  He could have suffered these injuries as a kid, in high school or college, or in the NFL.  That's more than likely why he was denied benefits. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Always hated the moniker, questioned Coughlin's handling of it and felt Freddy was grossly disrespected by the whole thing. 

I don't have any qualms with his going through the process of the in-depth health study and seeking of NFL compensation. It's become commonplace by former players and he left plenty of blood, sweat and tears out there for a long time. 

Quote:Or he is simply a helluva lot tougher than you. Likely.

Of that, I am certain. But you don't NOT know you have these injuries I don't care how tough you are.

Quote:Or hes lying...
There are levels to torn labrums.. Partially torn to fully torn...

Quote:There are levels to torn labrums.. Partially torn to fully torn...

Have you ever had one? Mine was partial and it made life difficult to do activities of daily living much less playing a brutal contact sport.

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2016, 10:13 AM by CSO14.)

Fred Taylor is a faster and bigger version of Yeldon.  Dude had it all.  I remember the run where he bull-dozed the Titan to get 10K yards.  Beautiful!

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmx4GifTD4I

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:I don't like Lamm at all anyway. And this only deepens that

This guy is terrible.  To be honest, I also thought Joe C was bad to when he was alongside   It was only when Joe C broke off from Lamm that I realized he was pretty decent.  That said, not only is Lamm bad, but he brings others down as well.

Quote:Fred Taylor is a faster and bigger version of Yeldon.  Dude had it all.  I remember the run where he bull-dozed the Titan to get 10K yards.  Beautiful!

Freddie T got his quickness from chasin' rabbits down in Belle Glade, FL.  

http://breakingmuscle.com/family-kids/ch...-muck-city

Quote:He can thank Tom Coughlin for the nickname.  It was Coughlin's refusal to reveal the severity of his injuries that allowed that nickname.  After the fact, when it was revealed just how serious some of those injuries he suffered were, people ditched the label.  I never understood why people called him that because the guy was tough as nails, and played through a lot.  When he adopted his new training regimen and dietary restrictions, it prolonged his career and allowed him to play effectively despite the injuries. 

After reading this article, it's difficult to know when he sustained many of these injuries.  Just because an MRI/x-ray shows a history of broken bones or partially torn labrums, that doesn't pinpoint when they occurred.  He could have suffered these injuries as a kid, in high school or college, or in the NFL.  That's more than likely why he was denied benefits. 

How many ways can Fred possibly get screwed over? First he had the scandal where he lost most of his rookie signing bonus. Then he gets snubbed numerous times for the Pro Bowl, and since for potential HOF bids. Then he's denied benefits. And now he learns that his son just got cut from the 49ers.

'02

Quote:Fred Taylor is a faster and bigger version of Yeldon.  Dude had it all.  I remember the run where he bull-dozed the Titan to get 10K yards.  Beautiful!

Thanks for this......brings back good memories seeing Fred make his record, as well as Fred, MJD and Greg get TD's against the hated tacks.

I hope this year we'll see TJ, Chris and Banyard (I'm betting he'll be a factor) do the same when we face the mularkey bunch this season.

Fred is  my "All Time Favorite" Jaguar.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson