Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Riley Patterson Waived to Sign McManus (K)

On the season Riley Patterson is 15 of 17 total.

On the season Brandon McManus is 15 of 19...on kicks over 40 yards.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What a stupid [BLEEP] resurrection of a thread.

Go back to pimping Herndon.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

He is fine....

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2023, 05:38 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(12-05-2023, 01:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: On the season Riley Patterson is 15 of 17 total.

For added context, the knock on Riley is kickoffs and kicks over 50 yards i.e. leg strength.  I believe McManus has 5 over 50 on the year and I think Riley has 1.

I'm not worried about McManus at all. Hes been very good all season. The FG he missed was right after Trevor went down. The air was entirely sucked out of that stadium, from the fans and the players.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2023, 05:55 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

McManus was not the reason for the loss. That said, that missed FG attempt looked half [BLEEP]. So, the mood of a kicker changes when the 'air' is sucked out of the stadium or because our QB gets injured? Kickers are supposed to have ice in thier veins. It doesnt bode well moving forward if hes that easily affected by external events.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-05-2023, 05:52 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: McManus was not the reason for the loss. That said, that missed FG attempt looked half [BLEEP].  So, the mood of a kicker changes when the 'air' is sucked out of the stadium or because our QB gets injured? Kickers are supposed to have ice in thier veins. It doesnt bode well moving forward if hes that easily affected by external events.

Yeah, he's only been one of the best in the League for 10 years now. It's pretty clear he just ain't got the right stuff.

(12-05-2023, 05:37 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 01:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: On the season Riley Patterson is 15 of 17 total.

For added context, the knock on Riley is kickoffs and kicks over 50 yards i.e. leg strength.  I believe McManus has 5 over 50 on the year and I think Riley has 1.

Yeah, Patterson is 1/1 over 50 and like 2/3 over 40. They just don't let him kick long ones.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-05-2023, 05:52 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: McManus was not the reason for the loss. That said, that missed FG attempt looked half [BLEEP]. So, the mood of a kicker changes when the 'air' is sucked out of the stadium or because our QB gets injured? Kickers are supposed to have ice in thier veins. It doesnt bode well moving forward if hes that easily affected by external events.

Pete’s sake, man. There is the human element. He had to come straight in and attempt that kick with the play clock running. Would we have sung his praises if he hit it? Sure. But understanding that his mindset was not just right? Yeah, we can give him that. Dude is a straight up pro that gives us the best chance at field goal points that we’ve had in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

McManus is a true weapon for the team and was absolutely the right call.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

A true shocker jagsfanatic24 is leading this. McManus is good and we are lucky to have him.

(12-05-2023, 06:09 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 05:52 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: McManus was not the reason for the loss. That said, that missed FG attempt looked half [BLEEP].  So, the mood of a kicker changes when the 'air' is sucked out of the stadium or because our QB gets injured? Kickers are supposed to have ice in thier veins. It doesnt bode well moving forward if hes that easily affected by external events.

Pete’s sake, man. There is the human element. He had to come straight in and attempt that kick with the play clock running. Would we have sung his praises if he hit it? Sure. But understanding that his mindset was not just right? Yeah, we can give him that. Dude is a straight up pro that gives us the best chance at field goal points that we’ve had in a long time.

They called a timeout

(12-05-2023, 06:09 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 05:52 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: McManus was not the reason for the loss. That said, that missed FG attempt looked half [BLEEP]. So, the mood of a kicker changes when the 'air' is sucked out of the stadium or because our QB gets injured? Kickers are supposed to have ice in thier veins. It doesnt bode well moving forward if hes that easily affected by external events.

Hey, Im glad hes our kicker. I dont want to revert back to the anxious times of Jason Myers. My point was that that kick didnt look right, and that a kicker should be able to screen out all the noise and emotion before a kick. I think McManus would agree.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-05-2023, 09:59 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 06:09 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Pete’s sake, man. There is the human element. He had to come straight in and attempt that kick with the play clock running. Would we have sung his praises if he hit it? Sure. But understanding that his mindset was not just right? Yeah, we can give him that. Dude is a straight up pro that gives us the best chance at field goal points that we’ve had in a long time.

Hey, Im glad hes our kicker. I dont want to revert back to the anxious times of Jason Myers. My point was that that kick didnt look right, and that a kicker should be able to screen out all the noise and emotion before a kick.  I think McManus would agree.

Of course the kick didn't look right... Everybody just watched the possible end of the season just get helped/hobbled off the field. All you have to do is look at Zay's reaction when Lawrence went back to the ground after he helped him first get up. That was the same reaction we all had, players included.

McManus geniunely probably missed the kick because of the injury and getting thrown off his game mentally.. he's a great kicker, it sucks he missed but he's still a good K

(12-05-2023, 10:19 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 09:59 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Hey, Im glad hes our kicker. I dont want to revert back to the anxious times of Jason Myers. My point was that that kick didnt look right, and that a kicker should be able to screen out all the noise and emotion before a kick.  I think McManus would agree.

Of course the kick didn't look right... Everybody just watched the possible end of the season just get helped/hobbled off the field. All you have to do is look at Zay's reaction when Lawrence went back to the ground after he helped him first get up. That was the same reaction we all had, players included.

[BLEEP], even Hendrickson was hit by the gravity of the moment. Nobody on the field wants to see anyone get hurt. When they do, it's a grim check of one's reality.

But yeah, we need to sign Kickbot 9000. No more of these humans with their feelings and crap.

(12-05-2023, 08:26 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Smh
Guess we just glance by the fact that Patterson missed a 26 yard field goal this year huh?

Good try clown.

I was slightly against the signing because I thought Patterson had done a good job but McManus has been a clear upgrade. Kickers miss occasionally, it’s part of the game.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Riley Patterson couldn't get his kickoffs to the end zone.

That miss vs the bangles probably cost the win. However, this guy is a true weapon. He will win you more games in the future .

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2023, 01:48 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-06-2023, 01:07 PM)Jag88 Wrote: That miss vs the bangles probably cost the win. However, this guy is a true weapon. He will win you more games in the future .

A number of things cost us the win.  The ball falling through Ridley's arms at the end of the half cost us 3 points at least.  Had Trevor caught the snap cleanly, it was probably an easy touchdown pass as Ridley had his man beat deep but had to come back for the ball. He made a great effort otherwise, but it fell right through his arms. 

Also, Trevor going out hurt.  I think he drives us down for the game winning TD instead of the tying FG, but that's speculation of course.