Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Riley Patterson Waived to Sign McManus (K)

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2023, 03:21 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-06-2023, 01:47 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(12-06-2023, 01:07 PM)Jag88 Wrote: That miss vs the bangles probably cost the win. However, this guy is a true weapon. He will win you more games in the future .

A number of things cost us the win.  The ball falling through Ridley's arms at the end of the half cost us 3 points at least.  Had Trevor caught the snap cleanly, it was probably an easy touchdown pass as Ridley had his man beat deep but had to come back for the ball. He made a great effort otherwise, but it fell right through his arms. 

Also, Trevor going out hurt.  I think he drives us down for the game winning TD instead of the tying FG, but that's speculation of course.

The defense deserves the brunt of the blame for the loss. Period. You let a back-up QB making his 2nd start look like [BLEEP] Joe Montana at his peak, at home, on Monday night football for the first time in 12 years, in front of a nationally televised audience. Gave up 34 points to a 2nd career start QB. Holy [BLEEP], folks. Holy [BLEEP].

No excuses for that kind of [BLEEP] other than lack of being prepared or taking the game seriously. Not a single adjustment was made out there. We're supposed to be playing bully ball as they call it on defense. Looks like they bought into their own bull [BLEEP] instead.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-06-2023, 09:55 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 10:19 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Of course the kick didn't look right... Everybody just watched the possible end of the season just get helped/hobbled off the field. All you have to do is look at Zay's reaction when Lawrence went back to the ground after he helped him first get up. That was the same reaction we all had, players included.

[BLEEP], even Hendrickson was hit by the gravity of the moment. Nobody on the field wants to see anyone get hurt. When they do, it's a grim check of one's reality.

But yeah, we need to sign Kickbot 9000. No more of these humans with their feelings and crap.

Totally class reaction from Hendrickson. Dudes got my respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2023, 04:38 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-06-2023, 03:20 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-06-2023, 01:47 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: A number of things cost us the win.  The ball falling through Ridley's arms at the end of the half cost us 3 points at least.  Had Trevor caught the snap cleanly, it was probably an easy touchdown pass as Ridley had his man beat deep but had to come back for the ball. He made a great effort otherwise, but it fell right through his arms. 

Also, Trevor going out hurt.  I think he drives us down for the game winning TD instead of the tying FG, but that's speculation of course.

The defense deserves the brunt of the blame for the loss. Period. You let a back-up QB making his 2nd start look like [BLEEP] Joe Montana at his peak, at home, on Monday night football for the first time in 12 years, in front of a nationally televised audience. Gave up 34 points to a 2nd career start QB. Holy [BLEEP], folks. Holy [BLEEP].

No excuses for that kind of [BLEEP] other than lack of being prepared or taking the game seriously. Not a single adjustment was made out there. We're supposed to be playing bully ball as they call it on defense. Looks like they bought into their own bull [BLEEP] instead.

Right.  Collectively, yes.  But if we're talking about individual plays that contributed significantly to points being taken off the board for our offense, it's not just the missed FG.  And we could've, would've, should've won that game despite the defensive issues had we converted on just a play or two or avoided TLaws injury and early exit.

Let's check in on Jim Mora.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKhyj5Szmks

(12-06-2023, 01:07 PM)Jag88 Wrote: That miss vs the bangles probably cost the win. However, this guy is a true weapon. He will win you more games in the future .

Butterfly effect. We get the FG, Cincy changes their mindset from kill clock for a late FG try to seal the win to get down the field and aim for the EZ to get the lead back. If they get us down 4, our play calls would have to shift from just getting into another FG try and having to find the end zone ourselves.

I can't presume changing that one outcome doesn't change the remainder of the 4th Q.

Moving forward, I propose thst McDonalds offers a special item after each missed McManus kick: the McMiss-cuit.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Should have kept Riley Patterson

(12-18-2023, 06:15 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Should have kept Riley Patterson

Don't be dumb, they wouldn't have tried those kicks with Patterson.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Not that it really mattered but McManus missed another FG today.

You bringing him back or nah?

(12-24-2023, 08:21 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Not that it really mattered but McManus missed another FG today.

You bringing him back or nah?

Yep.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Yes, I'd be cutting McManus and bringing Patterson back.

(12-24-2023, 08:44 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Yes, I'd be cutting McManus and bringing Patterson back.

Would point out that for a second straight week, the forcast was 10-20 mph winds again. I still don't think McManus is a bad kicker, now if he starts missing with little to no wind i'll be concerned.

(12-24-2023, 08:45 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 08:44 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Yes, I'd be cutting McManus and bringing Patterson back.

Would point out that for a second straight week, the forcast was 10-20 mph winds again. I still don't think McManus is a bad kicker, now if he starts missing with little to no wind i'll be concerned.

One of his kicks last week had no wind. And McLaughlin didn't seem to have an issue hitting his FGs.

Laces out.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

This has been one of the biggest shocks among many the last 4 games. Someone needs to break the curse asap.

We brought in Matthew Wright for a try out yesterday

(12-27-2023, 12:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We brought in Matthew Wright for a try out yesterday

Not surprising, McManus is on a miss streak. I wonder if he's hurt?

Also important to note that the staff likely wouldn't even have tried field goals of that length with either Wright or Patterson. Neither has that kind of leg.

(12-27-2023, 12:45 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Also important to note that the staff likely wouldn't even have tried field goals of that length with either Wright or Patterson. Neither has that kind of leg.

McManus does have a bigger leg than Wright but he was 4 of 6 from 50+ when he was with us a couple years ago.  Made to 2 50+ FGs in one game.  Wright can make them from 50+.

Little slump be gone!

2 wrongs don't make a wright