Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Hunt Episode 2

(1) The Hunt: Episode 2 - "Expectations" | Jacksonville Jaguars - YouTube

This is really good, because it takes you into the war room and you can see and hear exactly what happened when we traded down twice in the first round.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Saw this last night.

Really good video.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I’m going to check it out. These are always good.

Nice production from Jags media team as always, but...

They were going to trade UP for Ventrel Miller???

LOL

Oh boy - I hope they are right about what they see there and however they see these other linebackers fitting in.

I'm glad we got our guy in Harrison who they really wanted and we were able to get extra picks. I wonder where Harrison was at on our big board? I'd say somewhere in the top 15. I don't think any WRs were above him or any of the QBs. If one of the QBs fell we would of traded back. I wonder if Kancey fell to us if we would of taken him over Harrison? What about Forbes? I think we might of had Van Ness over him and likely Gonzalez. I don't think we had McDonald over him being Baalke likes size and McDonald is a smaller edge guy

Another thing that stood out is the guy we were trying to trade up for was Miller and we got him anyway. Another thing is Baalke said they were looking at defense in the 2nd but had to change things up, I wonder if we were going to take DJ Turner and when we traded back we lost him being Cincy took him. I think it's also possible they were looking at Cam Smith or Stevenson and they went right before our pick so they traded back

(05-26-2023, 09:41 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Another thing that stood out is the guy we were trying to trade up for was Miller and we got him anyway.  Another thing is Baalke said they were looking at defense in the 2nd but had to change things up, I wonder if we were going to take DJ Turner and when we traded back we lost him being Cincy took him.  I think it's also possible they were looking at Cam Smith or Stevenson and they went right before our pick so they traded back

Yeah, that "stood out." 

Not so sure it stood out in a good way, but I'll bite my tongue as much as I can until we see it play out. 
(in 2024)

(05-26-2023, 09:45 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 09:41 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Another thing that stood out is the guy we were trying to trade up for was Miller and we got him anyway.  Another thing is Baalke said they were looking at defense in the 2nd but had to change things up, I wonder if we were going to take DJ Turner and when we traded back we lost him being Cincy took him.  I think it's also possible they were looking at Cam Smith or Stevenson and they went right before our pick so they traded back

Yeah, that "stood out." 

Not so sure it stood out in a good way, but I'll bite my tongue as much as I can until we see it play out. 
(in 2024)

Miller was a good pick in the 4th.  He was our best player on defense and was a bit underrated.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's starting in a year or 2.  If we have an injury at LB this year I think he could step in and we wouldn't lose much.  What do you nor like about Miller?  You don't think he's good in coverage?  You don't think he's a leader?

(05-26-2023, 10:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 09:45 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah, that "stood out." 

(in 2024)

Miller was a good pick in the 4th.  He was our best player on defense and was a bit underrated.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's starting in a year or 2.  If we have an injury at LB this year I think he could step in and we wouldn't lose much.  What do you nor like about Miller?  You don't think he's good in coverage?  You don't think he's a leader?

He is a play maker around the field. I’m looking forward to it.

(05-26-2023, 10:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 09:45 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah, that "stood out." 

(in 2024)

3 things here:

1. This is a Jaguars forum on a Jaguars message board. Get the hell out of here with this "our" horse [BLEEP] when talking about the gaturs. No possessive pronouns here unless you are referring to the Jaguars. Thank you for your cooperation moving forward. 

2. I didn't say I didn't like Miller.

3. I would have targeted a player that would have a better opportunity for immediate impact in the 2023 season for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Rather than looking to trade up for a guy destined for special teams and backup duty in year one, possibly even year two.

(05-26-2023, 10:37 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 10:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Miller was a good pick in the 4th.  He was our best player on defense and was a bit underrated.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's starting in a year or 2.  If we have an injury at LB this year I think he could step in and we wouldn't lose much.  What do you nor like about Miller?  You don't think he's good in coverage?  You don't think he's a leader?

3 things here:

1. This is a Jaguars forum on a Jaguars message board. Get the hell out of here with this "our" horse [BLEEP] when talking about the gaturs. No possessive pronouns here unless you are referring to the Jaguars. Thank you for your cooperation moving forward. 

3. I would have targeted a player that would have a better opportunity for immediate impact in the 2023 season for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Rather than looking to trade up for a guy destined for special teams and backup duty in year one, possibly even year two.

Why are you so angry my brother because I don't see nothing wrong with what he asked you?  I'm asking you out of respect so please don't have the same anger towards me.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(05-26-2023, 10:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Miller was a good pick in the 4th.  He was our best player on defense and was a bit underrated.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's starting in a year or 2.  If we have an injury at LB this year I think he could step in and we wouldn't lose much.  What do you nor like about Miller?  You don't think he's good in coverage?  You don't think he's a leader?

3 things here:

That's his trademark.  He's never met/seen a Gator player he didn't like.   Laughing

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-26-2023, 10:52 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 10:37 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: 3 things here:

Why are you so angry my brother because I don't see nothing wrong with what he asked you?  I'm asking you out of respect so please don't have the same anger towards me.

Not angry

I joke with him and other gator homers light-heartedly frequently because the gators suck.
Big Grin

But also - speaking of a college team in a pro forum with possessive pronouns is weak - even if I'm just kidding about it. 

I'm also not angry about the LB pick, but I would have tried hard to find an immediate impact player at that stage of the draft.

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2023, 11:56 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

3 things here:

1.  Our, as in Gator fans, it was clear you knew what a meant so don't get your panties in a bunch regardless if its your time of the month or not lol, .  We are talking about a Gators player so I can say "our" if I want to. 

2. That's good, I think he makes our LB group much improved 

3.  They need to take the BPA and the top guy on their board.  This was a 4th round pick, you did you expect to come in and make an immediate impact?  With that said If we have some injuries to the LB core I think he would be able to come in without our defense really missing a beat.

If I remember, people were arguing you take BPA unless it’s certain positions or that player wouldn’t see the field…..

Guess we moved the goal posts once again!

I like how they have Tony Khan talking on the phone with the lower draft picks. He’ll be taking the reins from the old man one day.

(05-26-2023, 11:13 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

That's his trademark.  He's never met/seen a Gator player he didn't like.   Laughing
There has been a number of Gators I didn't want over the years.  Just this year there were a few members saying they wanted Trey Dean.  I said I didn't want him because he got burned a number of times and he's slow.  I didn't wanted Bryan either when we took him in the first I wanted Goedert.  I wasn't happy at all with that pick

(05-26-2023, 11:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: If I remember, people were arguing you take BPA unless it’s certain positions or that player wouldn’t see the field…..

Guess we moved the goal posts once again!

In that discussion we were talking about our first round pick.  With the first pick I wouldn't take a player that's not going to see the field.  You want your first round pick to start.  At least I do anyway.

(05-26-2023, 11:31 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

1.  Our, as in Gator fans, it was clear you knew what a meant so don't get your panties in a bunch regardlessif its your time of the month or not lol, .  We are talking about a Gators player so I can say "our" if I want to. 

2. That's good, I think hemakes our LB group much improved 

3.  They need to take the BPA and the top guy on their board.  This was a 4th round pick, you did you expect to come in and make an immediate impact?  With that said If we have some injuries to the LB core I think he would be able to come in without our defense really missing a beat.

Any nickel corner who has a chance to beat out Tre Herndon would make a [BLEEP] ton of sense right there.

I’m almost positive the defensive guy that they wanted in the 2nd round was Keion White.