Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
JOSH ALLEN skipping OTA!

(This post was last modified: 06-08-2023, 11:24 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 6 times in total.)

Jag149, what I saw on the tube regarding Allen was verbatim. I’m assuming the guy meant he’s expected to holdout come training camp.

As far as Engram, he can sign or not play, correct. Or he can sign and get free money and not play a down if he don’t want to and pull and Brandon Marshall, kicking footballs all over the practice field. If the Jaguars are going for a Super Bowl, they want all of their players happy.

It’s all about the money for the players. Jalen Ramsey’s back all of a sudden became a problem and he quit playing but his back got healed up real quick when he was traded to LA.

I don’t think Engram will sign the tag, which is why I said if I was Engram I would holdout too. I don’t know why you want to be explained how this a current holdout.

I won’t write back if you say Ramsey wasn’t on a franchise-tag.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-08-2023, 11:19 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Jag149, what I saw on the tube regarding Allen was verbatim. I’m assuming the guy meant he’s expected to holdout come training camp.

As far as Engram, he can sign or not play, correct. Or he can sign and get free money and not play a down if he don’t want to and pull and Brandon Marshall, kicking footballs all over the practice field. If the Jaguars are going for a Super Bowl, they want all of their players happy.

It’s all about the money for the players. Jalen Ramsey’s back all of a sudden became a problem and he quit playing but his back got healed up real quick when he was traded to LA.

I don’t think Engram will sign the tag, which is why I said if I was Engram I would holdout too. I don’t know why you want to be explained how this a current holdout.

Trade idea: Engram and Allen to Commanders for Chase Young, Logan Thomas, and a conditional draft pick tied to Young’s games played.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(06-08-2023, 11:19 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Jag149, what I saw on the tube regarding Allen was verbatim. I’m assuming the guy meant he’s expected to holdout come training camp.

Ramsey wasn't on a franchise-tag [sic]

Let's see if it sticks! Big Grin

These two are in similar but not the same positions. 

Holdout implies the player is required to attend. So far he has not missed any required functions. Allen is on a 5th year option, guaranteed money but if he doesn't play this year next year he will still be on the 5th year option. You have to play for it to go away. He will be subject to fines for missed required functions. Yea, after a contract is signed they forgive them normally.

If a player is tagged, he’s left with almost no choice. His only recourse for a long-term deal that same season would be to sign one with the tagging team. Otherwise, every franchise tag recipient in the NFL either has to reach an extension by July 15 or be locked into the one-year deal, even if he ends up traded.

If a player gets to July 15 without an extension, he has to sign the franchise tag in order to play and get paid. At that point, the only other option is to refuse to sign the tag, which isn’t unprecedented. But it means the player gets no money until he does sign.

Players can hold out if they want. But they’d be subject to hefty fines, depending on how long they are absent from camp. And despite the NFL franchise tag being “guaranteed,” you still need to play in order to get paid. Week 10 is the deadline for players to sign the tag in order to play and collect game checks.

So in reality they both can hold out all they want. They do need to play to get the money. I can't see how playing poorly would increase their value.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/what-fif...gency-news
https://985thesportshub.com/2021/03/04/n...to-accept/
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Allen ranked by pff as rhe 15th best edge

"Allen has steadily improved throughout his career, earning career highs in total pressures (67) and pass rush win percentage (14.2%) in 2022. He’s also improved dramatically as a run defender, becoming one of the best all-around young edge players in the league."

We should definitley be looking to extend him.

All veterans are getting time off I just read.

Well Josh showed up for OTA's guess whoever wrote that article had a temporary block on their crystal ball?

(06-12-2023, 07:25 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Well Josh showed up for OTA's  guess whoever wrote that article had a temporary block on their crystal ball?

Journalists throw anything at the wall and only focus on what sticks.
Fans love to flail and cry about everything.

I was never worried. 41 is a pro. He wants a new deal but he's here to work.

(06-12-2023, 07:25 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Well Josh showed up for OTA's guess whoever wrote that article had a temporary block on their crystal ball?
(06-13-2023, 09:25 AM)Kane Wrote:
(06-12-2023, 07:25 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Well Josh showed up for OTA's  guess whoever wrote that article had a temporary block on their crystal ball?

Journalists throw anything at the wall and only focus on what sticks.

It's required now, not the same thing as before

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Coach Campos says he looks like a veteran out there.

It’s a contract year, so…

(06-13-2023, 10:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Coach Campos says he looks like a veteran out there.

It’s a contract year, so…

Exactly. It's his 5th year with what will be his biggest contract opportunity coming up in 2024. He should be head and shoulders above the rest. Hopefully he turns the corner, literally, and converts his pressures into sacks. It's very well possible he ties or breaks his career best of 10.5 sacks. This division will have at least a few games where a rookie is expected to start or potentially see some action. 

I really want to see him flash in the primetime games though. Give me a good performance against the Bengals, Chiefs and Ravens. Get after your brother from another mother in London when we play Buffalo. Big time players make time plays. He needs to do exactly what he did in the season finale to get us the divisional win at least once or twice per month this year.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

He is drinking Hi quality H2o

(06-13-2023, 10:18 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(06-13-2023, 09:25 AM)Kane Wrote: Journalists throw anything at the wall and only focus on what sticks.

It's required now, not the same thing as before

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Yeah.... but everyone was calling it a hold out and saying he wasn't going to show.
He did. He isn't holding out. Fans are dumb.