Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Andre Cisco

You can tell he’s been working hard during the offseason. He looks like he put on about 20 pounds of muscle. He’s going into his 3rd season and is poised for a big year. 

I think he came out of his shell in that Kansas City game when he got the personal foul, and he had another big hit a little later. He also had the interception and 3 PD’s. 

It seems like he wants to add that element coming into this season. I hope so because we could really use that hard-hitting safety that can create fumbles and be a ball hawking safety. 

Last season he had 3 int’s but 0 forced fumbles. He also returned an interception for a TD in the loss against Philly. 

Would like to see him with 6 int’s, 3 FF and some more of what we saw in that first game against Chiefs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He has been better than Moehrig, who many people including myself wanted in that draft.

He’s a play maker. Hopefully he keeps improving. A difference maker..

(06-01-2023, 11:35 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: You can tell he’s been working hard during the offseason. He looks like he put on about 20 pounds of muscle. He’s going into his 3rd season and is poised for a big year. 

I think he came out of his shell in that Kansas City game when he got the personal foul, and he had another big hit a little later. He also had the interception and 3 PD’s. 

It seems like he wants to add that element coming into this season. I hope so because we could really use that hard-hitting safety that can create fumbles and be a ball hawking safety. 

Last season he had 3 int’s but 0 forced fumbles. He also returned an interception for a TD in the loss against Philly. 

Would like to see him with 6 int’s, 3 FF and some more of what we saw in that first game against Chiefs.

I hope not, because that's not happening without PEDs lol

20lbs sure. 20lbs of muscle? No.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

It all starts up front. If Allen and Walker can literally turn the corner faster and effect the QB a little bit more it will inevitably lead to longer down in distance and obvious passing situations. A few hits here and there mid pass attempt could lead to some easy lame duck passes up for grabs in the secondary as well.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(06-02-2023, 07:13 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(06-01-2023, 11:35 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: You can tell he’s been working hard during the offseason. He looks like he put on about 20 pounds of muscle. He’s going into his 3rd season and is poised for a big year. 

I hope not, because that's not happening without PEDs lol

20lbs sure. 20lbs of muscle? No.

He was pretty chunky before so transitioning all of that fat into muscle in 4 months is possible (sarcasm).

"Young, professional athlete lifts weights for 4 months and, gulp, actually looks like he lifted weights for 4 months."

Tune in at 11PM for the full, amazing story!

I don't understand why ppl make such a big deal about a 23 year old who is literally paid millions of dollars to be an athlete doing athletic things. LOL

(06-02-2023, 10:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: "Young, professional athlete lifts weights for 4 months and, gulp, actually looks like he lifted weights for 4 months."

I don't understand why ppl make such a big deal about a 23 year old who is literally paid millions of dollars to be an athlete does athletic things. LOL

This depends on a lot of things. First someones opinion he put on 20 lbs of muscle. Was he weighed before and after?  Did he actually put on weight? How muscle did he have before under whatever was over it?  I am sure it will be sorted out.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

He is a young and talented player who should be improving for the next few years. He is part of the young core of defensive players along with Tyson Campbell, Travon Walker and Devin Lloyd.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

As these players become more adept at the scheme and the light bulb goes off these young players will be in position to make the plays. I like Cisco, and the physical attributes he has been improving on, but one player working on themself isn't going to change the defense, it needs to come from all players/staff involved.

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2023, 08:23 AM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

I, personally, would hope the light bulb comes on…
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Without speculating, I just hope he plays all 17 games plus playoffs. He looks like a linebacker now.

(06-02-2023, 06:59 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(06-02-2023, 10:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: "Young, professional athlete lifts weights for 4 months and, gulp, actually looks like he lifted weights for 4 months."

I don't understand why ppl make such a big deal about a 23 year old who is literally paid millions of dollars to be an athlete does athletic things. LOL

This depends on a lot of things. First someones opinion he put on 20 lbs of muscle. Was he weighed before and after?  Did he actually put on weight? How muscle did he have before under whatever was over it?  I am sure it will be sorted out.

He's just a young NFL safety who bulked up a bit in the offseason and a few fans are making more of it than it is. 

I have high hopes for the kid, and really like his upside. This could be a big season for him. Fingers crossed.

Cisco gonna be a All Pro this year.

(06-04-2023, 12:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-02-2023, 06:59 PM)Jag149 Wrote: This depends on a lot of things. First someones opinion he put on 20 lbs of muscle. Was he weighed before and after?  Did he actually put on weight? How muscle did he have before under whatever was over it?  I am sure it will be sorted out.

He's just a young NFL safety who bulked up a bit in the offseason and a few fans are making more of it than it is. 

I have high hopes for the kid, and really like his upside. This could be a big season for him. Fingers crossed.

My thoughts exactly
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(06-04-2023, 12:06 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Without speculating, I just hope he plays all 17 games plus playoffs. He looks like a linebacker now.

Hopefully it doesn't take away some speed.

(06-04-2023, 12:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-02-2023, 06:59 PM)Jag149 Wrote: This depends on a lot of things. First someones opinion he put on 20 lbs of muscle. Was he weighed before and after?  Did he actually put on weight? How muscle did he have before under whatever was over it?  I am sure it will be sorted out.

Agree completely.

I just had to call out the wording of that one post (and what a lot of people probably believe)
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(06-05-2023, 01:15 AM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(06-04-2023, 12:06 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Without speculating, I just hope he plays all 17 games plus playoffs. He looks like a linebacker now.

Hopefully it doesn't take away some speed.

With all that speed he mustard’d 3 career takeaways. Maybe he will take Jenkins role and somebody else can step in as the Free.

(06-05-2023, 03:22 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(06-05-2023, 01:15 AM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Hopefully it doesn't take away some speed.

With all that speed he mustard’d 3 career takeaways. Maybe he will take Jenkins role and somebody else can step in as the Free.

"career" Huh?  

He only started 2 games as a rookie under the worst coach in the history of the league. 
Last year was his 1st season and only season as a starter - and first and only season in a competent system. 

We should be excited about what he will do in year 2 playing the same spot in the same system. Not trying to make him strong safety because he showed up to an OTA practice looking like he hit the gym properly. 

Campbell likes to move safeties around some anyway.
 I'm sure a SS that covers better than Jenkins is on the team's wishlist. I just don't think displacing a talented kid who is just getting a chance to show us his FS skill is the way to handle it. 

Also - this talk about 6 INTs is a bit lofty, no?  Only two safeties in the entire league had 6 INTs last year. That's rarified air. 

I'd be very happy if the young man just makes the requisite step many young ascending players make moving into their second year in a system. 
And 3 INTs from our FS would be great as long as our secondary takes a positive step forward as a whole. 

We don't need to reinvent the wheel because someone showed up to practice with larger deltoids than last year.

Properly jocked