Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
3 more players caught gambling on NFL games

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2023, 04:18 PM by mikesez.)

Each of the 3 players got a full season suspension.
I am surprised that players haven't learned Calvin Ridley's lesson.
Then again there are almost 3000 players in the NFL so it shouldn't be surprising that 1 in 1000 breaks the rules.
I wonder how good of a job the NFL does making sure the players don't gamble, could a smarter player get away with it? I hope not.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Losing millions for 1000s just seems stupid. Even Ridley losing 2.7 mill for 15 dollar bets was dumb. If the NFL didn't start the rule changes to help certain teams/players "cough" this prob wouldn't be so enticing. Hell I wish I was a gambler. Would've bet on Brady every year lmao

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Gambling is so addictive. I’m old school thinking when it comes to it.

Players are being penalized for even accessing gambling sites while on team property, regardless of whatever they are betting on.

Am I the only one who thinks this unholy commercial alliance between professional sports and gambling is a textbook case of hypocrisy? What’s next, the NFL courting the medical marijuana industry?

(06-30-2023, 07:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Players are being penalized for even accessing gambling sites while on team property, regardless of whatever they are betting on.

Am I the only one who thinks this unholy commercial alliance between professional sports and gambling is a textbook case of hypocrisy? What’s next, the NFL courting the medical marijuana industry?
The players are idiots connecting to the team wifi and then going on the sites.

If they want to gamble, it's easy to hide it. The NFL won't catch you unless they are tipped off or you tell them. In all cases so far, they have alerted the team or NFL to what they were doing.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-30-2023, 07:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Players are being penalized for even accessing gambling sites while on team property, regardless of whatever they are betting on.

Could be, how much are they willing to pay?  It's all about the money in the NFL.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(07-01-2023, 08:04 PM)p_rushing Wrote:

The players are idiots connecting to the team wifi and then going on the sites.

If they want to gamble, it's easy to hide it. The NFL won't catch you unless they are tipped off or you tell them. In all cases so far, they have alerted the team or NFL to what they were doing.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

So true, get a burner phone, or get a gambling surrogate. Of course, the surrogate could blackmail you.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Or maybe just don’t gamble until you are retired from the sport that made you unbelievably rich. That’s too difficult though cause once that gambling gets in your system, some get hooked like a drug. Millionaires putting their seasons at risk for a few dollars.