Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Current Danger of Hateful Rhetoric and Domestic Terrorism

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2023, 12:37 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 2 times in total.)

(08-28-2023, 11:01 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-28-2023, 10:30 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: The elites on the left intentionally manufacture outrage among their constituents. Not just in the form of media manipulation, but literal boots on the ground. It's called community organizing. It's highly coordinated, and the sole purpose is stirring up dissent in disenfranchised communities.

1) presidential candidates on the left have not, so far, dabbled in manufactured outrage the way Trump has.

2) there shouldn't be any disenfranchised communities in the US.

1) That was Obama's literal job before becoming a Senator.

2) I used the wrong word. I should have used destitute. Fair point.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's interesting... I have read so much progressive literature that I used their preferred terminology without even thinking about the appropriateness of that word. Language is power.

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2023, 04:58 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-28-2023, 12:35 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(08-28-2023, 11:01 AM)mikesez Wrote: 1) presidential candidates on the left have not, so far, dabbled in manufactured outrage the way Trump has.

2) there shouldn't be any disenfranchised communities in the US.

1) That was Obama's literal job before becoming a Senator.

2) I used the wrong word. I should have used destitute. Fair point.

Obama had a small scale job "community organizing" before he became a state Senator.  There are a lot of small scale "community organizers" on both sides.  Some of them are ethical, some of them are liars and demagogues.  Whether Obama was good or bad in this role, it would be unfair to brand the candidates he organized for (they were aldermen and state legislative candidates) with his behavior. And we have to admit that his rhetoric toned down once he became a candidate in his own right, and continued moderating as he went up the ladder.

In contrast, it is completely fair to brand Trump with his own behavior on the stump, he is a large scale liar and demagogue.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Goal posts just keep on moving...

(08-28-2023, 05:20 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Goal posts just keep on moving...

Just because you misunderstood something doesn't mean the goal posts moved on clarification.

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2023, 08:06 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

No, dude. You don't get to say that Presidents don't do this, then try to differentiate when I point out that this is EXACTLY how Obama cut his teeth. It's a skill. Obama was pretty good at it, but he was at least articulate and judicious about it. Even still, he was a trained community organizer. The right has NOTHING like it. It's supported by academia, people are trained and sent out, to stir up dissent in destitute communities for the sole purpose of expanding the power of the Democrats. It's institutionalized and intentional manufactured outrage. MOST of the democratic elites are trained in it. And, most importantly as it pertains to this discussion, we know for a fact that a Democratic President has absolutely dabbled in it. To attempt to quibble over the amount is just moving the goal posts.

I have no problem saying the right is great at rhetoric and happily demagogues their opponents, but it's NOTHING like what the left is doing in these communities.

(08-28-2023, 08:05 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: No, dude. You don't get to say that Presidents don't do this, then try to differentiate when I point out that this is EXACTLY how Obama cut his teeth. It's a skill. Obama was pretty good at it, but he was at least articulate and judicious about it. Even still, he was a trained community organizer. The right has NOTHING like it. It's supported by academia, people are trained and sent out, to stir up dissent in destitute communities for the sole purpose of expanding the power of the Democrats. It's institutionalized and intentional manufactured outrage. MOST of the democratic elites are trained in it. And, most importantly as it pertains to this discussion, we know for a fact that a Democratic President has absolutely dabbled in it. To attempt to quibble over the amount is just moving the goal posts.

I have no problem saying the right is great at rhetoric and happily demagogues their opponents, but it's NOTHING like what the left is doing in these communities.

1) the communities in question are actually disadvantaged and have actual grievances.  The grievances aren't manufactured.  They are already there.  They just need to be, wait for it, organized.

2) I said from the beginning that the lower level operatives on the left do this kind of thing while the higher level ones maintain arms length distance from it.  The fact that Obama started in this area then stopped as he went up the ladder proves the point I was originally making.

3) we still haven't established (and may never establish, given our different perspectives) if Obama was one of the good ones or bad ones.  Not all community organizers are bad.  I haven't really seen or read anything from that time period.

1) Look up the word manufactured.

2) It's cute you think he stopped.

3) Who cares? I'm not trying to [BLEEP] on Obama. I'm pointing out that people are educated on how to stir up dissent in a community for the sole purpose of transfer of power. That's manufactured. There was no outrage, then there is outrage. It's done via boots on the ground. This type of manufactured outrage is done exclusively by the left.

You are way too quick to absolve them of their sins. They do EVERYTHING they accuse Trump of doing. They just have the backing of academia and the media. They trot out apologists and give them airtime and authority. Prevalence of corruption is not indicative of a better type of corruption. Yet, for some stupid reason, you accept institutionalized corruption, but jump in with both feet when the institutions point out any OTHER corruption. What's that saying? One death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic. You moderates suffer from this delusion.

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2023, 10:17 PM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(08-28-2023, 09:54 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: 1) Look up the word manufactured.

2) It's cute you think he stopped.

3) Who cares? I'm not trying to [BLEEP] on Obama. I'm pointing out that people are educated on how to stir up dissent in a community for the sole purpose of transfer of power. That's manufactured. There was no outrage, then there is outrage. It's done via boots on the ground. This type of manufactured outrage is done exclusively by the left.

You are way too quick to absolve them of their sins. They do EVERYTHING they accuse Trump of doing. They just have the backing of academia and the media. They trot out apologists and give them airtime and authority. Prevalence of corruption is not indicative of a better type of corruption. Yet, for some stupid reason, you accept institutionalized corruption, but jump in with both feet when the institutions point out any OTHER corruption. What's that saying? One death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic. You moderates suffer from this delusion.

You keep equivocating on the word corruption.
There is skimming on contracts, and pay to play favors, and there is overturning elections and destroying democracy.

It's like we're all on a ship, and some of the crew are smuggling contraband, while others on the crew are cutting off life boats and taking hostages, and you're like, "both of these are bad. One side has like 20 boxes of contraband while the other side is just cutting one small little hole in the side of the ship. If anything the 20 boxes are worse, compared to just one hole".  Observant! Also wrong.

Dude, just shut up already. Trump lives in your head. Free your mind. Get some therapy. Do something. Your incessant complaining about him is suffocating.

Get over it.

(08-30-2023, 01:04 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Dude, just shut up already. Trump lives in your head. Free your mind. Get some therapy. Do something. Your incessant complaining about him is suffocating.

Get over it.

If you think a political discussion anywhere on this planet right now is not going to involve what you like to call "complaining" about Donald Trump in large quantity, you are going to be sorely disappointed. 

A candidate for president and former president is facing felony charges. It's kind of a big deal.

(08-30-2023, 01:04 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Dude, just shut up already. Trump lives in your head. Free your mind. Get some therapy. Do something. Your incessant complaining about him is suffocating.

Get over it.

Will never happen. Trump lives rent free in their small pea brains. I bet poor dude is cramped like hell in there, battling idiotic climate change quotes, racism veiled in social justice and hypocritical indictments..

We tried the therapy before though, didn't take. We gave them crayons, hot chocolate and therapy dogs. Never stopped the tears though.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(08-30-2023, 01:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Get over it.

If you think a political discussion anywhere on this planet right now is not going to involve what you like to call "complaining" about Donald Trump in large quantity, you are going to be sorely disappointed. 

A candidate for president and former president is facing felony charges. It's kind of a big deal.

I don't care if folks complain about Trump. I just get fed up with Mike's OCD about the man.

(08-31-2023, 10:16 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-30-2023, 01:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If you think a political discussion anywhere on this planet right now is not going to involve what you like to call "complaining" about Donald Trump in large quantity, you are going to be sorely disappointed. 

I don't care if folks complain about Trump. I just get fed up with Mike's OCD about the man.

I get fed up with diagnosis over the internet.
This ain't WebMD.

It's not OCD, It's TDS and the only cure is more Trump talk.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-01-2023, 10:51 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's not OCD, It's TDS and the only cure is more Trump talk.

Like this?

https://twitter.com/ChuckCallesto/status...0jUAw&s=19
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-01-2023, 11:02 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 10:51 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's not OCD, It's TDS and the only cure is more Trump talk.

Like this?

Cuz they ain’t black, Jack.

(09-01-2023, 11:04 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 11:02 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Like this?

Cuz they ain’t black, Jack.

Because they know what it's like to be targeted by The Man.

Oh, and Biden's Presidency has been terrible for them.

Trump's going to be the first Republican candidate to win half the black vote, all 18 bellwethers, gain 50 seats in the House, and lose the election by 20 million votes.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

No, the only cure is removing him from the political scene.

Lol.