Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Current Danger of Hateful Rhetoric and Domestic Terrorism

(08-30-2023, 01:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-30-2023, 01:04 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Dude, just shut up already. Trump lives in your head. Free your mind. Get some therapy. Do something. Your incessant complaining about him is suffocating.

Get over it.

If you think a political discussion anywhere on this planet right now is not going to involve what you like to call "complaining" about Donald Trump in large quantity, you are going to be sorely disappointed. 

A candidate for president and former president is facing felony charges. It's kind of a big deal.

Nobody is saying the charges against Trump aren't a big deal.  Some of us are just saying they aren't relevant to every other problem the country is facing.  Obsession with Trump and continuously dragging him other topics makes it impossible to have a meaningful discussion.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2023, 12:23 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hateful rhetoric and domestic terrorism existed and were dangerous to society before Trump and will continue to be dangerous after he is gone.
We can discuss that without invoking Trump. But Trump has made both more acceptable in some circles. He is a big part of this problem and his removal from the scene is a big part of the solution. So discussing it without mentioning him, today, really has a "other than that how was the play, Mrs Lincoln?" feel to it.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-01-2023, 12:21 PM)mikesez Wrote: Hateful rhetoric and domestic terrorism existed and were dangerous to society before Trump and will continue to be dangerous after he is gone.
We can discuss that without invoking Trump.  But Trump has made both more acceptable in some circles.  He is a big part of this problem and his removal from the scene is a big part of the solution.  So discussing it without mentioning him, today, really has a "other than that how was the play, Mrs Lincoln?" feel to it.

LOL.  Disproving your theory didn't take long.

(09-01-2023, 12:17 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(08-30-2023, 01:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If you think a political discussion anywhere on this planet right now is not going to involve what you like to call "complaining" about Donald Trump in large quantity, you are going to be sorely disappointed. 

A candidate for president and former president is facing felony charges. It's kind of a big deal.

Nobody is saying the charges against Trump aren't a big deal.  Some of us are just saying they aren't relevant to every other problem the country is facing.  Obsession with Trump and continuously dragging him other topics makes it impossible to have a meaningful discussion.

Trump and the problems he's created in our media, the division he's created in our society, and the threat he poses to all of our well-being are just as big of a deal (bigger) than the legal ramifications of his alleged crimes. 

You can be weary of his constant inclusion in discussions if you want, but he's directly linked to most issues facing the American political landscape right now. 

You call that "obsession." I call it a very unfortunate reality.

Damn you Donald Trump! If you just gave the left the entire [BLEEP] Country like they demand we wouldn't have all this bad stuff! DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2023, 01:15 PM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-01-2023, 12:29 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 12:21 PM)mikesez Wrote: Hateful rhetoric and domestic terrorism existed and were dangerous to society before Trump and will continue to be dangerous after he is gone.
We can discuss that without invoking Trump.  But Trump has made both more acceptable in some circles.  He is a big part of this problem and his removal from the scene is a big part of the solution.  So discussing it without mentioning him, today, really has a "other than that how was the play, Mrs Lincoln?" feel to it.

LOL.  Disproving your theory didn't take long.

[Image: meme_kid.jpg]

Just because I can, doesn't mean I should, and doesn't mean I want to.

(09-01-2023, 01:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Damn you Donald Trump! If you just gave the left the entire [BLEEP] Country like they demand we wouldn't have all this bad stuff! DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Sarcasm is cute, but cheap.

The reality is that he spent millions convincing conservatives that everyone is lying to them except him and they can just elect to accept "alternate facts" instead of facing reality.  Worked great on you, clearly. 

The American people haven't been subjected to such a concentrated disinformation campaign affecting public mistrust so successfully in my lifetime. It doesn't bother YOU, because you are buying what he's selling. 
Those of us who than see through the Swiss cheese veil are concerned about what it has done to our political landscape and our society as a whole.

The reality is that they spent millions of taxpayer dollars and seven years convincing liberals that Trump is lying to them and they can just accept that the election was legit instead of facing reality. Worked great on you, clearly.

The American people haven't been subjected to such a concentrated disinformation campaign affecting public trust since, well, last week. It doesn't bother YOU, because you are buying what they're selling.
Those of us who than see through the Swiss cheese veil are concerned about what it has done to our political landscape and our society as a whole.

FTFY.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-30-2023, 01:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If you think a political discussion anywhere on this planet right now is not going to involve what you like to call "complaining" about Donald Trump in large quantity, you are going to be sorely disappointed. 

Following and having an opinion about an issue (especially one as noteworthy as an ex-president's indictments) doesn't exclude the possibility of having a meaningful discussion about other things. But it is going to be at the front of the news cycle until it's resolved. We could look at the investigations of Hunter Biden and say the same thing. It's newsworthy, it's noteworthy and it's going to be discussed at length.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-01-2023, 11:58 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 10:51 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's not OCD, It's TDS and the only cure is more Trump talk.

No, the only cure is removing him from the political scene.

Lol, I guess we should quarantine you guys then.

(09-01-2023, 01:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 11:58 AM)mikesez Wrote: No, the only cure is removing him from the political scene.

Lol, I guess we should quarantine you guys then.

There's more of us than you
So how about
We keep our democracy, and
You and your Orange God go to St Helena?

(09-01-2023, 02:02 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 01:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, I guess we should quarantine you guys then.

So how about

Here's a news flash for you.  We don't live in a democracy.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-01-2023, 02:05 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 02:02 PM)mikesez Wrote: There's more of us than you
So how about

We of The Republic was just gonna sit back and watch him cook like a Boston Pork Butt in a crock pot..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-01-2023, 02:08 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 02:05 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Here's a news flash for you.  We don't live in a democracy.

We of The Republic was just gonna sit back and watch him cook like a Boston Pork Butt in a crock pot..

More like a raw chicken on the grill.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2023, 02:48 PM by mikesez. Edited 3 times in total.)

(09-01-2023, 02:05 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 02:02 PM)mikesez Wrote: There's more of us than you
So how about

Semantics.
Many ancient city states were pure democracies.
No pure democracies exist today.
There are many republics.
Not all of them have democratic elections.  China, notably, is a republic without democratic elections.  Egypt is another.  
We are a republic with democratic elections.

Or

In modern shorthand,
for people who don't want to be useless pendants saying too many syllables,

We are a democracy. 

In the words of Shawn Michaels, Triple H, and Chyna (RIP!),
Suck it.

(09-01-2023, 01:08 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 12:29 PM)Sneakers Wrote: LOL.  Disproving your theory didn't take long.

[Image: meme_kid.jpg]

Cute picture.  How old were you?

PS    You do look a little like him.

(09-01-2023, 03:15 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 01:08 PM)mikesez Wrote: [Image: meme_kid.jpg]

Cute picture.  How old were you?

PS    You do look a little like him.

How old was I? It was just yesterday, my reaction the last time you thought it was funny to deliberately miss the point.

(09-01-2023, 02:02 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 01:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, I guess we should quarantine you guys then.

So how about

[Image: aerosmith-dream-on.gif]

(09-01-2023, 01:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 01:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Damn you Donald Trump! If you just gave the left the entire [BLEEP] Country like they demand we wouldn't have all this bad stuff! DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Sarcasm is cute, but cheap.

The reality is that he spent millions convincing conservatives that everyone is lying to them except him and they can just elect to accept "alternate facts" instead of facing reality.  Worked great on you, clearly. 

The American people haven't been subjected to such a concentrated disinformation campaign affecting public mistrust so successfully in my lifetime. It doesn't bother YOU, because you are buying what he's selling. 

You mean like the FBI going all in and stating that Hunter’s laptop was nothing more than Russian disinformation?  You keep attributing the right for mistrusting our government due to Trump when this is right there in front of you.  Our government has earned every ounce of distrust they receive by their own actions but sure republicans are stupid.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

This. All of this.