Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Current Danger of Hateful Rhetoric and Domestic Terrorism

(09-01-2023, 01:13 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 12:17 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Nobody is saying the charges against Trump aren't a big deal.  Some of us are just saying they aren't relevant to every other problem the country is facing.  Obsession with Trump and continuously dragging him other topics makes it impossible to have a meaningful discussion.

Following and having an opinion about an issue (especially one as noteworthy as an ex-president's indictments) doesn't exclude the possibility of having a meaningful discussion about other things. But it is going to be at the front of the news cycle until it's resolved. We could look at the investigations of Hunter Biden and say the same thing. It's newsworthy, it's noteworthy and it's going to be discussed at length.

Discussion and obsession are not the same thing. Most of us here, regardless of which side of the aisle we stand, can have a relatively adult discussion regarding Trump. 

Mike is obsessed with blaming him for every damn thing going on in this country. Every. Damn. Thing. Discussions get hijacked by him either blaming Trump or.... You know what? Who cares actually. I made my comments and I'm not explaining myself anymore. 

Y'all spend your time talking about it if you want to. I'm done. Not worth it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2023, 11:59 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-01-2023, 10:19 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 12:17 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Nobody is saying the charges against Trump aren't a big deal.  Some of us are just saying they aren't relevant to every other problem the country is facing.  Obsession with Trump and continuously dragging him other topics makes it impossible to have a meaningful discussion.

This. All of this.

The charges against Trump aren't relevant to every other problem the country is facing.  Correct.
In fact, they aren't relevant to most of the problems this country is facing.
However, none of these problems, even the ones that are Biden's fault, are any excuse to vote for Trump. Main reason, Trump would lose the general election, and I would rather a Republican deal with reducing the massive interest payments and inflation we are about to see, but secondary reason, Trump is certainly going to try to end elections as we know them and craft a military that is more loyal to the Republican party than to the Constitution if he gets a second chance at power. He probably won't succeed but he will have 4 years to try. 
Me talking about him only bothers you because you still want him to win in 2024, right?  
Because if enough people on this board promise not to vote for Trump, I won't bring him up as often.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-01-2023, 11:00 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 10:19 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This. All of this.

The charges against Trump aren't relevant to every other problem the country is facing.  Correct.
However, none of these problems, even the ones that are Biden's fault, are any excuse to vote for Trump. Main reason, Trump would lose the general election, and I would rather a Republican deal with reducing the massive interest payments and inflation we are about to see, but secondary reason, Trump is certainly going to try to end elections as we know them and craft a military that is more loyal to the Republican party than to the Constitution if he gets a second chance at power. He probably won't succeed but he will have 4 years to try. 
Me talking about him only bothers you because you still want him to win in 2024, right?  
Because if enough people on this board promise not to vote for Trump, I won't bring him up as often.

You, Marty and NYC are in for a long, long campaigning season..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Trump can't win general, man. It's not going to happen. It would take something WAY outside the pale to get him back in office.

I promise not to vote for Trump. But you're wrong, the state of our country today is a perfectly valid reason for non-Dems to vote for him (and some Dems too as I see the vote regret in my own family). And frankly, your TDS is the only thing that prevents you from admitting we were better off with him than the [BLEEP] show we have right now. You've made one man more important to you than the welfare of the entire country.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I don't think anyone is looking for an excuse to vote for Trump, his support base is fiercely loyal and already formed.  However, I don't see it to be anywhere near as massive as you believe or the media claims.  For the nth time, simply stating the one has not yet seen EVIDENCDE definitively proving criminal actions, is NOT AN EXPRESSION OF POLITICAL SUPPORT!  

The whole point here is that Trump is not an excuse for Biden and all of the failed policies of the Left, but we can't even discuss those issues without you chiming in with, "But Trump......"

You are over-the-top paranoid about this guy.  Lie to yourself if you want, but it's fairly obvious that the priority of your main and secondary reasons is misrepresented.   End elections as we know them?  What's he going to do with his "crafted military", appoint himself the Supreme Leader of the Dark Side?

Your constant talking about him bothers me because it restricts my ability to have a meaningful discussion about other issues, not because of the 2024 election.  Personally, I don't want him as the Republican nominee.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(09-02-2023, 08:12 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 11:00 PM)mikesez Wrote: The charges against Trump aren't relevant to every other problem the country is facing.  Correct.

I promise not to vote for Trump. But you're wrong, the state of our country today is a perfectly valid reason for non-Dems to vote for him (and some Dems too as I see the vote regret in my own family). And frankly, your TDS is the only thing that prevents you from admitting we were better off with him than the [BLEEP] show we have right now. You've made one man more important to you than the welfare of the entire country.

By your silly definition 90 million Americans have "TDS" 

Stupidest [BLEEP] term I've ever seen in my life to describe the majority of hard working Americans who aren't stupid enough tho fall for a cheap grifter.

I doubt with my life that 90 million Americans voted for that piece of [BLEEP]..

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2023, 11:32 AM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

Trump did nothing but pull back the curtain on all of the democrat and liberal lunatics.. They exposed themselves and who they really are about 8 years ago when Trump came down the escalator and announced his candidacy.. Nothing but hatred, whining and bull [BLEEP] ever since.. The liberals and democrats are the biggest [BLEEP] and pansies in the country. They lead with hate and destruction. They want to destroy the nuclear family, mock you for loving God, dictate what you do and say, and they want to indoctrinate your children while you try to provide for your families..

[BLEEP] liberals and democrats.. Biggest pieces of [BLEEP] in the country.

I would rather die than vote for a liberal or a democrat..

(09-02-2023, 10:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-02-2023, 08:12 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I promise not to vote for Trump. But you're wrong, the state of our country today is a perfectly valid reason for non-Dems to vote for him (and some Dems too as I see the vote regret in my own family). And frankly, your TDS is the only thing that prevents you from admitting we were better off with him than the [BLEEP] show we have right now. You've made one man more important to you than the welfare of the entire country.

By your silly definition 90 million Americans have "TDS" 

Stupidest [BLEEP] term I've ever seen in my life to describe the majority of hard working Americans who aren't stupid enough tho fall for a cheap grifter.

America has 330+ million people, of course 90 million of them are significantly below average intelligence!

I mean, you're literally saying that in defense of Joe [BLEEP] Biden, lol. Joe. Biden. You can only make this stuff up, it can't be reality, you people really can't mean this stuff you say here.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-02-2023, 11:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-02-2023, 10:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: By your silly definition 90 million Americans have "TDS" 

America has 330+ million people, of course 90 million of them are significantly below average intelligence!

I mean, you're literally saying that in defense of Joe [BLEEP] Biden, lol. Joe. Biden. You can only make this stuff up, it can't be reality, you people really can't mean this stuff you say here.

I said [BLEEP] all about Joe Biden

Don't put words in my mouth

you know as well as I that 330 million ppl don't represent the votership

It will will be well under 200 mil like always - and I'm giving you the likely number of registers voters opposed to Trump who you call are ridiculously labeling as  "deranged" 

90 million "deranged" ppl will vote for someone other than that idiot. Because they have a lick of common sense and decency. It's a stupid [BLEEP] label.

They all have TDS.. You can also tell by the eyes. Dead, nothing there, wide open blank stare..

They're all pathetic..

(09-02-2023, 12:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-02-2023, 11:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: America has 330+ million people, of course 90 million of them are significantly below average intelligence!

I said [BLEEP] all about Joe Biden

Don't put words in my mouth

you know as well as I that 330 million ppl don't represent the votership

It will will be well under 200 mil like always - and I'm giving you the likely number of registers voters opposed to Trump who you call are ridiculously labeling as  "deranged" 

90 million "deranged" ppl will vote for someone other than that idiot. Because they have a lick of common sense and decency. It's a stupid [BLEEP] label.

Supposedly those 90 million voted for the current buffoon. We know that many didn't, but the true believers and useful idiots really believe they've done the country a service. It's sad how far we've fallen.

(09-02-2023, 11:21 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I doubt with my life that 90 million Americans voted for that piece of [BLEEP]..

Well point of fact, it wasn't 90 million who voted for Biden in 2020, it was around 81 million. Even Hillary Clinton as unpopular as she was, received ~66 million votes versus Trump's ~63 million back in 2016 with a turnout of around 137.5 million. The 2020 election had a historic turnout of around 159 million. Biden got ~81 million versus Trump's ~74 million which is inline with what the polls were predicting. Who knows, maybe some Democrats are sitting around saying, "I doubt with my life that 74 million Americans voted for that piece of [BLEEP]". 

Biden had Democrats and independents voting for him because they were energized against Trump getting a second term. It's easy to understand if you'll take a step back from the conspiracy ledge.

I suspect we won't see the same turnout in 2024 due to disenchantment with both candidates but I expect the Democrats will still get the majority of the votes.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-02-2023, 11:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-02-2023, 10:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: By your silly definition 90 million Americans have "TDS" 

I am so sick of you continually bringing up Biden when I am trying to have a conversation about other issues! Let it go!

(09-02-2023, 04:42 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-02-2023, 11:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: America has 330+ million people, of course 90 million of them are significantly below average intelligence!

I am so sick of you continually bringing up Biden when I am trying to have a conversation about other issues! Let it go!

I dont care what you think there U.I.

(09-02-2023, 05:11 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-02-2023, 04:42 PM)mikesez Wrote: I am so sick of you continually bringing up Biden when I am trying to have a conversation about other issues! Let it go!

I dont care what you think there U.I.

I know you don't. The post wasn't really directed at you.

(09-02-2023, 05:15 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-02-2023, 05:11 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I dont care what you think there U.I.

I know you don't. The post wasn't really directed at you.

Just so we're clear.

It’s obsession! Obsession I say!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Because the crimes of the current occupant of the WH are irrelevant.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.