Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars roster at 74, a new signing is eminent

Quote:You also doubted that HE will know...

Anyway, he will know. It's natural he will know by now. It'll just be down to the last game for players to try and convince him otherwise.

We don't know that he knows. You are making an assumption. I am just guessing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He was certainly on the correct team in the photo.

Giants too, shay..
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:We don't know that he knows. You are making an assumption. I am just guessing.

You don't know what I know.. you're assuming I don't know.

Seriously though, I highly doubt he will wait until the last pre season game to then decide on his 22 cuts.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Vikes will trade pass rusher for Henne. STR8UP!
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:You don't know what I know.. you're assuming I don't know.

Seriously though, I highly doubt he will wait until the last pre season game to then decide on his 22 cuts.

How do you know if Dave has not said anything?

Quote:How do you know if Dave has not said anything?

Read the second sentence.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Please stop.

Just stop.

My head hurts.

Colin Kaepernick.. Oops hes still signed..

I'm guessing he plans to sign a DT.

...just kidding, although what's the deal with Roy Miller III still out? Is that why TJ Barnes was signed?

Maybe he has a SS in mind to replace Evans on the roster and to challenge Cyp for the start.

'02

Quote:He is required to cut down to 53 in a few days. Therefore it makes no sense to add a player.
yes it does...if he can find a player BETTER than another one and he has a spot on the roster, it makes perfect sense...For example, lets say he's located someone he believes to be better than Joeckel and could really help this team...In order to sign him now, he must have the roster under 75. So with the roster at 74 he can do that and then still make the required cuts while solving a glaring problem at the same time....

Quote:yes it does...if he can find a player BETTER than another one and he has a spot on the roster, it makes perfect sense...For example, lets say he's located someone he believes to be better than Joeckel and could really help this team...In order to sign him now, he must have the roster under 75. So with the roster at 74 he can do that and then still make the required cuts while solving a glaring problem at the same time....

He will have more options after the cut to 53.

Quote:He will have more options after the cut to 53.

So what? By then the player he wants right now might be gone.

'02

Not if the player he wants is picked up by another team with the same mindset currently sitting at 74 like us. There is NO LOSS in bringing someone in who could surprise you whats so hard to understand?

Even if there will be more options later it wont hurt to try one now and see where it goes. Guys get picked up and then cut all the time in preseason.

Quote:We don't know that he knows. You are making an assumption. I am just guessing.
This is not very clear. Are you guessing he is making an assumption?

Because if a Dave says something and no one is around to hear it then nothing was said at all. Everyone knows this. 

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2016, 07:28 PM by wrong_box.)

not always...he could lose the player he wants if he waits...it's not hurting anything to bring the roster back to 75 even though he has to cut it in a few days...If there is a player he thinks can help the team he needs to get him as soon as he can and not take the chance of losing him...It's possible the guy he wants is the best option even after the cuts to 53, or maybe he is making a trade. No one knows what his plan is, but if there is a player who can undoubtedly help this team, he should grab him as fast as he can

Quote:It does make sense. If he wants to get a few days to look at someone who just got caught somewhere else.

It makes just as much sense to sign someone now as it does to not sign them. Just bc it doesn't make sense to YOU, doesn't mean it doesn't make sense to everyone else

There's an additional reason ( to the very good reason you mentioned ) to add a player when there's an opportunity prior to the final pre-season game that was discussed on NFL Sirius Radio early this week.    Approximately between 25 and 35 players on a typical NFL roster prior to the final pre-season game won't play in the game or play very little.   Between not wanting to lose starters for the regular season and preexisting injuries,  it's inevitable a large number of players will be kept out of the game.   Hence,  for most of the game,  there will only be between 40 and 50 players available.    An additional body could go along way in being able to get through the game w/o having to play someone you don't want to play or playing someone out of position. 

Because of limited players available for the final pre-season game,  there's a school of thought in a number of NFL organizations to push for 90 man rosters until the cutdown to 53. 

So when will we sign our 75th player?

Quote:So when will we sign our 75th player?

Tomorrow morning, press conference was announced for 10:20am. 

Quote:There's an additional reason (to the very good reason you mentioned) to add a player when there's an opportunity prior to the final preseason game that was discussed on NFL Sirius Radio early this week. Approximately between 25 and 35 players on a typical NFL roster prior to the final preseason game won't play in the game or play very little. Between not wanting to lose starters for the regular season and preexisting injuries,  it's inevitable a large number of players will be kept out of the game.   Hence,  for most of the game, there will only be between 40 and 50 players available. An additional body could go along way in being able to get through the game w/o having to play someone you don't want to play or playing someone out of position. 

Because of limited players available for the final preseason game, there's a school of thought in a number of NFL organizations to push for 90 man rosters until the cutdown to 53. 

The owners have voted on this issue at least once in recent years. No reason was given for the proposal's failure. I would support the change.