Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
False Electors Scheme Resulting in Felony Charges

Many of you are aware that Trump, John Eastman, Kenneth Cheseboro, Rudy Giuliani, and others concocted and attempted a scheme to alter the election results in seven states in 2020.
They tried to do this by creating a total of 84 false or fraudulent electors who would declare those states for Trump instead of Biden (who won those states.)

Michigan is the first to bring charges against those who participated in the scheme in their state. 
Arizona is set to do the same in short order, with Georgia a near certainty to follow suit. 

Pennsylvania is being eyed as "on-deck." 

Here is a clear cut summation of the foiled plot from Reuters:

Quote:Trump and his allies sought to overturn his defeat by convincing Republican-controlled legislatures in battleground states to name their own Trump-friendly electors or refuse to name any electors, even though Democrat Joe Biden had won the popular vote in those places.

Law professor John Eastman and Kenneth Chesebro, an adviser to Trump's campaign, wrote legal memos arguing that state legislatures had the authority to choose their own electors, according to the committee's final report.

Trump and supporters including Rudy Giuliani, his former personal lawyer, urged legislators in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Arizona and Georgia to take this step, but none did so. (A Georgia prosecutor is investigating attempts to reverse Trump's defeat in that state.)
Nevertheless, Trump and his allies assembled their own slates of electors in seven states that he lost. Those electors met on Dec. 14, 2020, to cast their votes for Trump - the same day when legitimate electors cast their ballots for Biden.

Those ballots had no legal standing, but Trump and his supporters used them to pressure then-Vice President Mike Pence to discard the actual results from the states in question when he presided over Congress's Jan. 6, 2021 session to certify the election outcome.
That would have left Biden short of the needed 270-vote majority, giving Republicans in Congress a chance to declare Trump the victor.

Pence refused to go along with the scheme, saying he did not have the authority to reject electors.

On Jan. 6, Trump held a rally in front of the White House and told the crowd that it would be a "sad day for our country" if Pence did not do as he wished. Thousands of his supporters then attacked the Capitol in an unsuccessful attempt to derail the proceedings.
Five people died and more than 140 police were injured. The Capitol suffered millions of dollars in damage.

Info on Michigan charges of felony forgery found here:
https://www.michigan.gov/ag/news/press-r...e-electors

Here is a list of the 84 fraudulent electors who could end up being charged if their states decide to pursue the matter. 
https://www.azmirror.com/2022/06/29/upda...full-list/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Alternate Electors, not Fake Electors, created in the states where the election fraud occurred, as they should've been. And now we see Joe's Banana Republic out to jail their political opponents once again.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-19-2023, 03:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Alternate Electors, not Fake Electors, created in the states where the election fraud occurred, as they should've been. And now we see Joe's Banana Republic out to jail their political opponents once again.

It's only treason if you lose.
They lost.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-19-2023, 03:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Alternate Electors, not Fake Electors, created in the states where the election fraud occurred, as they should've been. And now we see Joe's Banana Republic out to jail their political opponents once again.

You can call them anything you like. 

The facts are such:

The 84 persons who impersonated state electors were never verified by the states they fraudulently claimed to represent.

The submissions they made violate criminal law.

(07-19-2023, 04:04 PM)mikesez Wrote:

It's only treason if you lose.
They lost.

It's still not treason.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-19-2023, 08:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-19-2023, 04:04 PM)mikesez Wrote: It's only treason if you lose.
They lost.

It's still not treason.

Yeah, but it's still a crime.  The old saying says treason, but you get my point, even if you pretend you dont.

(07-19-2023, 09:02 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-19-2023, 08:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's still not treason.

Yeah, but it's still a crime.  The old saying says treason, but you get my point, even if you pretend you dont.
It's not a crime if they were following the rules of the state. No one did anything to stop the separate electors. They all voted separately which they are required to do otherwise there would be no one to vote for Trump if the fraud was reviewed and proven.

You can't just put people in jail because you don't like them which is what the facist democrats do.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(07-20-2023, 07:08 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-19-2023, 09:02 PM)mikesez Wrote: Yeah, but it's still a crime.  The old saying says treason, but you get my point, even if you pretend you dont.
It's not a crime if they were following the (1) rules of the state. (2) No one did anything to stop the separate electors. They all voted separately which they are required to do otherwise there would be no one to vote for Trump if the fraud was reviewed and proven.

You can't just put people in jail because you don't like them which is what the facist democrats do.

(1) The rules are, the secretary of state says you guys won, please meet at noon on Tuesday.  If the secretary did not notify you, do not come.

(2) yes sir, I killed my girlfriend, but you didn't do anything to try to stop me so is it really illegal?

(07-20-2023, 07:32 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-20-2023, 07:08 PM)p_rushing Wrote: It's not a crime if they were following the (1) rules of the state. (2) No one did anything to stop the separate electors. They all voted separately which they are required to do otherwise there would be no one to vote for Trump if the fraud was reviewed and proven.

(1) The rules are, the secretary of state says you guys won, please meet at noon on Tuesday.  If the secretary did not notify you, do not come.

(2) yes sir, I killed my girlfriend, but you didn't do anything to try to stop me so is it really illegal?
And if the SoS is in on the crime? The rules were followed, no one stopped the SoS, and in Michigan it was the opposite and they refused to allow them in the building.

It's a made up crime and they tried to get the DOJ to do something but they were told there was no crime.

There are procedures for contested elections and even though the state has certified a group of electors, it doesn't mean that 2 groups can't show up. The federal government then has to decide to send them back, review the evidence, and decide which ones to recognize. None of that happens if the other group isn't elected and sent. They were following the procedures and it was the democrats that tried to stop everything.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(07-20-2023, 08:41 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-20-2023, 07:32 PM)mikesez Wrote: (1) The rules are, the secretary of state says you guys won, please meet at noon on Tuesday.  If the secretary did not notify you, do not come.

And if the SoS is in on the crime? The rules were followed, no one stopped the SoS, and in Michigan it was the opposite and they refused to allow them in the building.

It's a made up crime and they tried to get the DOJ to do something but they were told there was no crime.

There are procedures for contested elections and even though the state has certified a group of electors, it doesn't mean that 2 groups can't show up. The federal government then has to decide to send them back, review the evidence, and decide which ones to recognize. None of that happens if the other group isn't elected and sent. They were following the procedures and it was the democrats that tried to stop everything.

No dude.
Just no.
The electoral count act that was in effect in 2020 had been written after the 1876 election when three states were disputed, and all three were in flux in terms of what state constitution they were even under due to reconstruction ending.
Ignoring that.
Yes, federal law allows for the possibility of two sets of Electors sending in ballots. It's not a federal crime if two sets of ballots are sent.  But it is a state crime.  The state must maintain its legitimacy and punish those who illegitimately claim to speak for them.

(07-20-2023, 09:01 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-20-2023, 08:41 PM)p_rushing Wrote: And if the SoS is in on the crime? The rules were followed, no one stopped the SoS, and in Michigan it was the opposite and they refused to allow them in the building.

No dude.
Just no.
The electoral count act that was in effect in 2020 had been written after the 1876 election when three states were disputed, and all three were in flux in terms of what state constitution they were even under due to reconstruction ending.
Ignoring that.
Yes, federal law allows for the possibility of two sets of Electors sending in ballots. It's not a federal crime if two sets of ballots are sent.  But it is a state crime.  The state must maintain its legitimacy and punish those who illegitimately claim to speak for them.
No crime though. They are claiming the state cheated and the SoS is a part of the cheating. Laws were clearly broken by the states but courts didn't care. You can go read why they were sent. They weren't sent to revolt, they didn't represent themselves as the certified electors by the SoS, and they didn't go and kill the other electors and replace them.

They were sent because of the broken laws, cheating, and whatever other bribery or crimes were needed to keep the courts from stopping it. If the state didn't stop it, the representatives of the other states had a chance to stop it as their interests are at risk if 1 state is cheating.

(07-20-2023, 09:17 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-20-2023, 09:01 PM)mikesez Wrote: No dude.
Just no.
Ignoring that.
No crime though. They are claiming the state cheated and the SoS is a part of the cheating. Laws were clearly broken by the states but courts didn't care. You can go read why they were sent. They weren't sent to revolt, they didn't represent themselves as the certified electors by the SoS, and they didn't go and kill the other electors and replace them.

They were sent because of the broken laws, cheating, and whatever other bribery or crimes were needed to keep the courts from stopping it. If the state didn't stop it, the representatives of the other states had a chance to stop it as their interests are at risk if 1 state is cheating.

State courts and state officials enforce state laws.  The people who try to take it into their own hands should expect consequences.

Here are the actual charges:

https://www.michigan.gov/ag/-/media/Proj...880EE7C95A

And here is a summary. Each defendant is charged with:

One count of Conspiracy to Commit Forgery, a 14-year felony,
Two counts of Forgery, a 14-year felony,
One count of Conspiracy to Commit Uttering and Publishing, a 14-year felony,
One count of Uttering and Publishing, a 14-year felony,
One count of Conspiracy to Commit Election Law Forgery, a 5-year felony, and,
Two counts of Election Law Forgery, a 5-year felony.

Somewhat related:
Giuliani backs off his stance on GA ballot manipulation

https://twitter.com/AccountableGOP/statu...71105?s=20

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2023, 04:56 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

https://dnyuz.com/2023/07/26/the-fulton-...-imminent/

The slowest of the many criminal investigations into Donald Trump could prove the most consequential—and imminent.

While any of the charges against Trump could land him in jail, the Atlanta case is especially damning and threatening.

The basic facts are hard to dispute. Trump tried to pressure the state’s top elections official to "find 11,780 votes" to flip the results on a recorded phone call. His campaign recruited fake electors who signed off on a failed bid to eventually replace real ones in Congress. And local Republicans snuck into a county elections office to tamper with voting equipment...

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2023, 12:46 AM by p_rushing.)

(07-26-2023, 10:55 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/16...78241?s=20
It's not a lie, she admitted to it on video. There's also video of her going to police after the fact because she was afraid for her life or something like that. You can watch the videos of her scanning ballots multiple times.

You don't have to believe in the larger, coordinated effort across states but the individual issues are clearly shown.

Many civil lawsuits aren't worth defending and the lawyers know this. It's cheaper to just pay them off or give in to their demands. Even if you are innocent, it will most likely cost more to defend yourself and the other side will offer a settlement knowing that.

(07-26-2023, 11:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://dnyuz.com/2023/07/26/the-fulton-...-imminent/

The slowest of the many criminal investigations into Donald Trump could prove the most consequential—and imminent.

While any of the charges against Trump could land him in jail, the Atlanta case is especially damning and threatening.

The basic facts are hard to dispute. Trump tried to pressure the state’s top elections official to "find 11,780 votes" to flip the results on a recorded phone call. His campaign recruited fake electors who signed off on a failed bid to eventually replace real ones in Congress. And local Republicans snuck into a county elections office to tamper with voting equipment...

Except the full quote and context doesn't mean to "find the votes".

The electors also followed the law and voted on the condition of the lawsuits that were not settled by the date that congress has set for certification. I don't know why liberals keep pushing this, you would have been screaming from the rooftops if Trump won but there were lawsuits still going on during the certification.

(07-27-2023, 12:41 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-26-2023, 10:55 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/16...78241?s=20
It's not a lie, she admitted to it on video. There's also video of her going to police after the fact because she was afraid for her life or something like that. You can watch the videos of her scanning ballots multiple times.

You don't have to believe in the larger, coordinated effort across states but the individual issues are clearly shown.

Many civil lawsuits aren't worth defending and the lawyers know this. It's cheaper to just pay them off or give in to their demands. Even if you are innocent, it will most likely cost more to defend yourself and the other side will offer a settlement knowing that.

(07-26-2023, 11:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://dnyuz.com/2023/07/26/the-fulton-...-imminent/

The electors also followed the law and voted on the condition of the lawsuits that were not settled by the date that congress has set for certification. I don't know why liberals keep pushing this, you would have been screaming from the rooftops if Trump won but there were lawsuits still going on during the certification.

Then post a link. Simply responding with an assertion without proof or verifiable sources is not good enough. 

A lot of people have become so invested in the argument that Trump was robbed they refuse to accept facts. Giuliani has now admitted to lying. The signs are all there that this is not a hill worth dying on. Let go or be dragged.

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2023, 07:33 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 4 times in total.)

(07-27-2023, 12:41 AM)p_rushing Wrote:

(07-26-2023, 11:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://dnyuz.com/2023/07/26/the-fulton-...-imminent/

Here is the entire conversation, where Trump makes a series of wild claims, none of which turned out to be true.  As for your second sentence, "I don't know why liberals keep pushing this..." first let me say for the umpteenth time that I am not a liberal.  And secondly, there is no requirement that certification be held up just because someone keeps filing lawsuits.  And thirdly, as an aside, I do not understand how seemingly intelligent people can continue to give Trump any credibility when he lies and lies and lies in such a transparent manner, and his statements are exposed as lies over and over and over.  As of now, every single claim he made in this phone call about the voting in Georgia has been thoroughly disproven.  He just made it all up.  Or else, he's delusional.  

Full Phone Call: Trump Pressures Georgia Secretary of State To Recount Election Votes | NBC News - YouTube