Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Biden: 'Name me a single objective that we’ve failed on. Name me one!'

Well, if you count destroying the economy, crippling the energy sector, having inflation outpace wages so a lot of American families need to bite the bullet because their budget is suffering, and making AMERICA the laughing stock for the rest of the world...... I guess you really haven't failed at anything.......

Biden shouts during speech, challenges anyone to name 'one thing' the US set out to accomplish and failed

'Name me a single objective we’ve ever set out to accomplish that we’ve failed on. Name me one!'

President Biden on Wednesday changed his tone during a speech from the East Room of the White House on the one-year anniversary of the Inflation Reduction Act, challenging anyone to name a single objective the U.S. ever set out to accomplish and failed to do.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-s...ish-failed
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Naming one objective that he clearly failed on is pretty easy.

The disaster that was pulling out of Afghanistan.  How anybody can call that whole operation a "success" is beyond me.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-17-2023, 01:28 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Naming one objective that he clearly failed on is pretty easy.

The disaster that was pulling out of Afghanistan.  How anybody can call that whole operation a "success" is beyond me.

+1

A charlie foxtrot for sure.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2023, 11:01 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-17-2023, 09:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-17-2023, 01:28 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Naming one objective that he clearly failed on is pretty easy.

+1

A charlie foxtrot for sure.

They needed to be out before the elected government failed or they needed to stay and fight a little while longer.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2023, 10:58 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-17-2023, 07:30 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Well, if you count destroying the economy, crippling the energy sector, having inflation outpace wages so a lot of American families need to bite the bullet because their budget is suffering, and making AMERICA the laughing stock for the rest of the world...... I guess you really haven't failed at anything.......

Biden shouts during speech, challenges anyone to name 'one thing' the US set out to accomplish and failed

'Name me a single objective we’ve ever set out to accomplish that we’ve failed on. Name me one!'

President Biden on Wednesday changed his tone during a speech from the East Room of the White House on the one-year anniversary of the Inflation Reduction Act, challenging anyone to name a single objective the U.S. ever set out to accomplish and failed to do.

Is he asking for one thing he personally set out to do that he didn't accomplish, or is he asking for one thing THE UNITED STATES set out to do that it didn't accomplish?

Of course, there are plenty of examples of both, but you seem to be aiming at Biden, when your quote says he was talking about the United States, not himself.

(08-18-2023, 10:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-17-2023, 07:30 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Well, if you count destroying the economy, crippling the energy sector, having inflation outpace wages so a lot of American families need to bite the bullet because their budget is suffering, and making AMERICA the laughing stock for the rest of the world...... I guess you really haven't failed at anything.......

Is he asking for one thing he personally set out to do that he didn't accomplish, or is he asking for one thing THE UNITED STATES set out to do that it didn't accomplish?

Of course, there are plenty of examples of both, but you seem to be aiming at Biden, when your quote says he was talking about the United States, not himself.

Amazing how you being a moderate and only concerned about the “country” trip all over yourself to defend Biden at every opportunity.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2023, 07:02 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 5 times in total.)

(08-18-2023, 05:07 PM)copycat Wrote:
(08-18-2023, 10:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Is he asking for one thing he personally set out to do that he didn't accomplish, or is he asking for one thing THE UNITED STATES set out to do that it didn't accomplish?

Amazing how you being a moderate and only concerned about the “country” trip all over yourself to defend Biden at every opportunity.

I'm not sticking up for Biden, I'm sticking up for truth.  There are so many blatantly false statements made around here.  Drifter is a prime example.  He'll post a link and summarize what it says, but if you read the linked article, what Drifter says it said is almost never what the article actually said.  

Then when I point out that what Drifter said is not what the linked article actually said, people think I'm defending the left or something, when I am actually just defending the truth.  

So many people who post on this message board want to crusade for their point of view, but they are apparently incapable of making a valid argument based on truth.  It's most often nothing but trash talk and personal attacks.  This message board is full of crazy [BLEEP], and when you correct one of their numerous falsehoods, they say things like, "Oh, you just want to act like you're the smartest person in the room."  Well, that's not a high bar to clear.

And by the way, I've criticized Biden and the left plenty.  I have made very clear my opposition to student loan forgiveness, race-based solutions to perceived problems, inflationary government handouts and stimulus programs, and demonizing people who have made a success of themselves.  I feel like a "moderate" because the far left and the far right are so repellent I find myself stuck in the middle.

(08-19-2023, 06:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-18-2023, 05:07 PM)copycat Wrote: Amazing how you being a moderate and only concerned about the “country” trip all over yourself to defend Biden at every opportunity.

I'm not sticking up for Biden, I'm sticking up for truth.  There are so many blatantly false statements made around here.  Drifter is a prime example.  He'll post a link and summarize what it says, but if you read the linked article, what Drifter says it said is almost never what the article actually said.  

Then when I point out that what Drifter said is not what the linked article actually said, people think I'm defending the left or something, when I am actually just defending the truth.  

So many people who post on this message board want to crusade for their point of view, but they are apparently incapable of making a valid argument based on truth.  It's most often nothing but trash talk and personal attacks.  This message board is full of crazy [BLEEP], and when you correct one of their numerous falsehoods, they say things like, "Oh, you just want to act like you're the smartest person in the room."  Well, that's not a high bar to clear.

And by the way, I've criticized Biden and the left plenty.  I have made very clear my opposition to student loan forgiveness, race-based solutions to perceived problems, inflationary government handouts and stimulus programs, and demonizing people who have made a success of themselves.  I feel like a "moderate" because the far left and the far right are so repellent I find myself stuck in the middle.

Lee Atwater appears in the alternate history drama "For All Mankind" season 2.  His character says that politics is best compared to professional wrestling, because people care about drama more than truth.  If you care about the truth of a matter more than the drama that your otherwise allies create, they will always question your loyalty.

I feel like the problem with every moderate I know is their news source. If I told them that Russian citizens believed their media, they would understand that it is state sponsored and biased. They just don't want to believe it's the same here. The difference being that it's corporate sponsored and biased. Corporations completely control the power of our government and media. And to an increasing degree or universities, private research, healthcare, etc. Is what it is. Can't make people see.

(08-19-2023, 07:54 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I feel like the problem with every moderate I know is their news source. If I told them that Russian citizens believed their media, they would understand that it is state sponsored and biased. They just don't want to believe it's the same here. The difference being that it's corporate sponsored and biased. Corporations completely control the power of our government and media. And to an increasing degree or universities, private research, healthcare, etc. Is what it is. Can't make people see.

Corporations are made up of many shareholders and they compete with each other. If you don't like where one is going just hitch your star to another.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2023, 12:12 AM by Lucky2Last.)

Sure thing, pal.

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fs2.quickmeme.com%2Fimg%2...ipo=images]

(08-19-2023, 09:06 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-19-2023, 07:54 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I feel like the problem with every moderate I know is their news source. If I told them that Russian citizens believed their media, they would understand that it is state sponsored and biased. They just don't want to believe it's the same here. The difference being that it's corporate sponsored and biased. Corporations completely control the power of our government and media. And to an increasing degree or universities, private research, healthcare, etc. Is what it is. Can't make people see.

Corporations are made up of many shareholders and they compete with each other. If you don't like where one is going just hitch your star to another.
Why are a few corporations the largest shareholders of all the other corporations?

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk