Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
GOP Debate thoughts

(08-25-2023, 02:18 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-25-2023, 01:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Why would you want your party divided? Oh...we know why.

The issue becomes irrelevant if Trump drops out.  No division then.
Trump thinks the party is more important than the constitution.
And Trump thinks Trump is more important than the party.
I'm not dividing the party.  Neither is Christie.  Trump is. 
All he has to do is drop out.

Lol, Trump is the Republican Party; everyone else is on his coattails. You should really get on board or leave, else you, the minority wing of TDS Pubs, are the dividers going against who is clearly far and away your own candidate.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2023, 04:52 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-25-2023, 03:10 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-25-2023, 02:18 PM)mikesez Wrote: The issue becomes irrelevant if Trump drops out.  No division then.

That's the whole objective of your democrat party.

That's delusional.
Trump being the nominee is the Democrats' best case scenario. Did you not experience 2020 along with the rest of us?
The worst case scenario for Dems is the Republicans find somebody significantly younger than Biden, just as likeable as Biden if not more, and someone that Trump endorses and campaigns for.  Uniting the party behind someone new.  That's what needs to happen for Republicans.  That's what I want. And that's what you should want.

(08-25-2023, 03:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-25-2023, 02:18 PM)mikesez Wrote: The issue becomes irrelevant if Trump drops out.  No division then.

Lol, Trump is the Republican Party; everyone else is on his coattails. You should really get on board or leave, else you, the minority wing of TDS Pubs, are the dividers going against who is clearly far and away your own candidate.

A man can not be a party.  That's the entire problem we have, in a nutshell.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-25-2023, 04:50 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-25-2023, 03:10 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: That's the whole objective of your democrat party.

That's delusional.
Trump being the nominee is the Democrats' best case scenario. Did you not experience 2020 along with the rest of us?
The worst case scenario for Dems is the Republicans find somebody significantly younger than Biden, just as likeable as Biden if not more, and someone that Trump endorses and campaigns for.  Uniting the party behind someone new.  That's what needs to happen for Republicans.  That's what I want. And that's what you should want.

(08-25-2023, 03:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, Trump is the Republican Party; everyone else is on his coattails. You should really get on board or leave, else you, the minority wing of TDS Pubs, are the dividers going against who is clearly far and away your own candidate.

And yet, as the debate showed, almost 70% of* your * party already decided that he's your guy. So get on board or stand aside, else you just aid the lefticrat party.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-25-2023, 05:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-25-2023, 04:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: That's delusional.

And yet, as the debate showed, almost 70% of* your * party already decided that he's your guy. So get on board or stand aside, else you just aid the lefticrat party.

A party is more than a man and its also not a suicide pact.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2023, 09:14 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-23-2023, 11:01 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(08-23-2023, 10:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I like Vivek.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I liked a lot of what DeSantis said tonight. Especially on Ukraine, border control and the education system.

I like him too, still prefer DeSantis but I could vote for him push come to shove. I think he leans a little to close to Alex Jones conspiracies for me but he's still a good candidate

Read up a little more in Vivek. Kind of "meh" now. He says the right things. However, he did cop Obama's speech to close out the night with the skinny kid reference, which is embarrassing. I don't care for the whole Soros thing. It's possible he was just getting chunks of cash thrown his way at random without knowing. He did also make millions off a failed Alzheimer's drug apparently as well. 

DeSantis is really the only option for me from the right, still kind of wanting to see what happens with Trump. How he conducts himself post mug shot will go a long way with me support wise in this election. Would like to see a little humbleness, a little grace coming out of him after that. I understand the hypocrisy of it all, but, it is what it is. You can only shake the bee's nest so many times. Him getting publicly stung is nothing new, however, this is a first, for better or worse. 

I am still going to take a look at the Democratic candidates when they get out there and start rambling on debate wise. I like to remain independent, however, that party has dug itself in one hell of a hole for me and I just don't see anybody worth their salt over there at this time.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2023, 09:17 PM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

I really hate the fact that our Country lacks a legitimate third party option. The Reform Party was kind of lingering around here and there for a few decades. It's since faded out it seems. I genuinely don't like much out there right now from the Republicans and Democrats. It's becoming exceedingly more difficult to find a trustworthy candidate that doesn't reek of BS.

There needs to be a great divide with actual teeth here by the end of this decade. Possibly lead by somebody like Trump or one of his guys that's been groomed behind him. Just more careful with his or her words for the softer crowds I guess. Because, you know, feelings. God forbid somebody gets there feelings hurt anymore.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-25-2023, 09:02 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-25-2023, 05:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And yet, as the debate showed, almost 70% of* your * party already decided that he's your guy. So get on board or stand aside, else you just aid the lefticrat party.

A party is more than a man and its also not a suicide pact.

You sure about that? The left has a lot of holes to fill. I think you're fixing to have your feelings hurt once the polls start coming in and the voting starts. Biden has [BLEEP] fallen off a cliff. Along with the rest of that social engineering party. There's nobody over there right now to get behind and support. He really is all you have. And that should be [BLEEP] terrifying if you're a loyalist to the left. 

You could maybe make a case for RFK. Maybe. His ideology though completely bucks the traditional beliefs of going along with the flow, taking the jab, complying to protocols, etc. Not sure if that's something the left crowd really wants to get behind. Who else do you have over there? Just curious.

(08-25-2023, 09:27 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(08-25-2023, 09:02 PM)mikesez Wrote: A party is more than a man and its also not a suicide pact.

You sure about that? The left has a lot of holes to fill. I think you're fixing to have your feelings hurt once the polls start coming in and the voting starts. Biden has [BLEEP] fallen off a cliff. Along with the rest of that social engineering party. There's nobody over there right now to get behind and support. He really is all you have. And that should be [BLEEP] terrifying if you're a loyalist to the left. 

You could maybe make a case for RFK. Maybe. His ideology though completely bucks the traditional beliefs of going along with the flow, taking the jab, complying to protocols, etc. Not sure if that's something the left crowd really wants to get behind. Who else do you have over there? Just curious.

Bruh, Mikesez is a "Republican". 

Really!

He said so!

Why are you laughing?

He's Suoer Serial!

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2023, 10:54 PM by mikesez.)

(08-25-2023, 09:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I really hate the fact that our Country lacks a legitimate third party option. The Reform Party was kind of lingering around here and there for a few decades. It's since faded out it seems. I genuinely don't like much out there right now from the Republicans and Democrats. It's becoming exceedingly more difficult to find a trustworthy candidate that doesn't reek of BS.

There needs to be a great divide with actual teeth here by the end of this decade. Possibly lead by somebody like Trump or one of his guys that's been groomed behind him. Just more careful with his or her words for the softer crowds I guess. Because, you know, feelings. God forbid somebody gets there feelings hurt anymore.

Anytime there is an election operating on "choose one, one time" principles you will have just two parties.  When those parties are weak, it is possible for one party to die and possible to see a three party or even four party election take place while that party dies.  See 1824 and 1860.  As dissatisfying as two party elections are, three party and four party elections are worse, producing even more dissatisfaction with the results.  

The only option to improve things is a ranked choice election.  Demand it at the state level and let the idea work its way up.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2023, 11:03 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-25-2023, 09:27 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(08-25-2023, 09:02 PM)mikesez Wrote: A party is more than a man and its also not a suicide pact.

I really don't care either way about Biden or the Democrats. I see them as a superior alternative to Trump because they speak and understand the language of constitutional order, but other than that I don't care about them.
In the unlikely event that Trump beats Biden in 2024, I'll try not to be too mad about it.  Trump will face the same problems he had in his first term.  He will try to upend the entire constitutional order but he will fail because even if one of the people he appoints actually follows his directions, Trump will change his mind next news cycle and throw that guy under the bus anyhow.
Before January 6 I was sure that Trump would ultimately try to overturn the constitution when it got in his way, and I was truly scared that the people and the military would let him.
After January 6 I know that Trump did all he could to overturn the constitution and I know he will try again if the opportunity comes to him, but I have more confidence that the majority of the people and the majority of the military will not go along with it. But I would rather not see it happen.

Vivek needs to be removed from anyone’s mind for 2024. You know nothing about him and yet people think he is conservative all of a sudden because he is saying what you want to hear.

I think it was the fat blob that called him chatgpt. His background is shady, has many red flags, and now is saying everything you want to hear. He has uniparty plant written all over him. The guy isn't even registered republican or libertarian.

There are plenty of people that need to be replaced in the GOP, don't add another fake. Let stick around and not change his values when the wind changes.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(08-25-2023, 11:02 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Vivek needs to be removed from anyone’s mind for 2024. You know nothing about him and yet people think he is conservative all of a sudden because he is saying what you want to hear.

I think it was the fat blob that called him chatgpt. His background is shady, has many red flags, and now is saying everything you want to hear. He has uniparty plant written all over him. The guy isn't even registered republican or libertarian.

There are plenty of people that need to be replaced in the GOP, don't add another fake. Let stick around and not change his values when the wind changes.

A political neophyte with ambiguous beliefs and a questionable history of political affiliations, who says everything the audience wants to hear with max charisma?

I agree.  Trump should be removed from anyone's mind as a Presidential candidate.

(08-25-2023, 11:00 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-25-2023, 09:27 PM)Caldrac Wrote: You sure about that? The left has a lot of holes to fill. I think you're fixing to have your feelings hurt once the polls start coming in and the voting starts. Biden has [BLEEP] fallen off a cliff. Along with the rest of that social engineering party. There's nobody over there right now to get behind and support. He really is all you have. And that should be [BLEEP] terrifying if you're a loyalist to the left. 

I really don't care either way about Biden or the Democrats.  I see them as a superior alternative to Trump because they speak and understand the language of constitutional order, but other than that I don't care about them.
In the unlikely event that Trump beats Biden in 2024, I'll try not to be too mad about it.  Trump will face the same problems he had in his first term.  He will try to upend the entire constitutional order but he will fail because even if one of the people he appoints actually follows his directions, Trump will change his mind next news cycle and throw that guy under the bus anyhow.
Before January 6 I was sure that Trump would ultimately try to overturn the constitution when it got in his way, and I was truly scared that the people and the military would let him.
After January 6 I know that Trump did all he could to overturn the constitution and I know he will try again if the opportunity comes to him, but I have more confidence that the majority of the people and the majority of the military will not go along with it.  But I would rather not see it happen.

How is Biden and the Democratic party a superior alternative to Trump? You're just going to rest that statement on "because they speak and understand the language of constitutional order"?

Listen, just because Trump's the first President to get dragged out publicly and placed in a mugshot does not mean any of the past presidents, or rather, current president, gives two [BLEEP] about following constitutional order. A lot of these administrations over the years have clearly shown their lack of care for constitutional order with a wide variety of laws broken. Domestically and internationally. 

They just have the luxury of having the right donors and lobbyists in place to keep their [BLEEP] from being hung out to dry for the whole world to see. That's the only thing they're superior at. Using doublespeak and double standards while we're all beholden to the laws they put into place to begin with. 

Does Trump deserve a pass? No. However, to completely ignore the vast, vast historical levels and depths of hypocrisy, rules for thee and not for me policies, the backstabbing on the American people with laws being infringed upon, manipulated, hidden in pages that would make the heaviest books known to man blush in envy, etc. 

I would rather see the nonsense upfront and hear it outright. I would rather not see these psychopaths and their sycophants continue to operate openly as if they're squeaky [BLEEP] clean when we all know they've [BLEEP] the bed and have been festering in it for decades now. 

Goes back to my third party argument. It has to happen at some point. The fact that you had to cite two points in our timeline, going all the way back to the 1800's is precisely why it needs to happen. This two party nonsense is not working and has not been working properly for the people now in at least my 35 years of existence. And to continue down this path is suicide.

(08-25-2023, 11:12 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-25-2023, 11:02 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Vivek needs to be removed from anyone’s mind for 2024. You know nothing about him and yet people think he is conservative all of a sudden because he is saying what you want to hear.

A political neophyte with ambiguous beliefs and a questionable history of political affiliations, who says everything the audience wants to hear with max charisma?

I agree.  Trump should be removed from anyone's mind as a Presidential candidate.
Just because you haven't paid attention to what Trump has said decades ago, doesn't mean he didn't say them. While Trump isn't perfect, he has a history of his viewpoints and if something changes he will tell you why.

He doesn't pay Wikipedia to remove everything leftside on his page. There are a lot of issues with covid, masks, etc just in the last 2 years with this guy. Maybe he has truly changed but he hasn't admitted to the stuff and when called out for it he offers excuses.

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2023, 09:17 AM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-25-2023, 11:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(08-25-2023, 11:00 PM)mikesez Wrote: I really don't care either way about Biden or the Democrats.  I see them as a superior alternative to Trump because they speak and understand the language of constitutional order, but other than that I don't care about them.
After January 6 I know that Trump did all he could to overturn the constitution and I know he will try again if the opportunity comes to him, but I have more confidence that the majority of the people and the majority of the military will not go along with it.  But I would rather not see it happen.

How is Biden and the Democratic party a superior alternative to Trump? You're just going to rest that statement on "because they speak and understand the language of constitutional order"?

Listen, just because Trump's the first President to get dragged out publicly and placed in a mugshot does not mean any of the past presidents, or rather, current president, gives two [BLEEP] about following constitutional order. A lot of these administrations over the years have clearly shown their lack of care for constitutional order with a wide variety of laws broken. Domestically and internationally. 

They just have the luxury of having the right donors and lobbyists in place to keep their [BLEEP] from being hung out to dry for the whole world to see. That's the only thing they're superior at. Using doublespeak and double standards while we're all beholden to the laws they put into place to begin with. 

Does Trump deserve a pass? No. However, to completely ignore the vast, vast historical levels and depths of hypocrisy, rules for thee and not for me policies, the backstabbing on the American people with laws being infringed upon, manipulated, hidden in pages that would make the heaviest books known to man blush in envy, etc. 

I would rather see the nonsense upfront and hear it outright. I would rather not see these psychopaths and their sycophants continue to operate openly as if they're squeaky [BLEEP] clean when we all know they've [BLEEP] the bed and have been festering in it for decades now. 

Goes back to my third party argument. It has to happen at some point. The fact that you had to cite two points in our timeline, going all the way back to the 1800's is precisely why it needs to happen. This two party nonsense is not working and has not been working properly for the people now in at least my 35 years of existence. And to continue down this path is suicide.

There won't be a real third party until the people demand it, then the elites will finally have to make it, fund it, and control it. We'll really make progress, then. /sarcasm

We need to disallow any business associated with the WEF, take control of our military industrial complex, tether income to a percent of our lowest paid earners, and limit financial contributions to a percent of salary only. Everything else will fall in place. Anything else is lipstick on a pig, imo.

(08-27-2023, 09:17 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(08-25-2023, 11:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote: How is Biden and the Democratic party a superior alternative to Trump? You're just going to rest that statement on "because they speak and understand the language of constitutional order"?

There won't be a real third party until the people demand it, then the elites will finally have to make it, fund it, and control it. We'll really make progress, then. /sarcasm

We need to disallow any business associated with the WEF, take control of our military industrial complex, tether income to a percent of our lowest paid earners, and limit financial contributions to a percent of salary only. Everything else will fall in place. Anything else is lipstick on a pig, imo.
If you take 3rd party money out of elections, it evens it out and allows anyone to be on equal footing as long as they raise money.

(08-27-2023, 01:37 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 09:17 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: There won't be a real third party until the people demand it, then the elites will finally have to make it, fund it, and control it. We'll really make progress, then. /sarcasm

If you take 3rd party money out of elections, it evens it out and allows anyone to be on equal footing as long as they raise money.

Money finds its way to power as surely as opposite poles of a magent attract and as surely as liquids take the shape of their container. 

In other words, if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

For the folks that are excited about Ramaswamy - you may want to know how he got rich.
  • Purchased rights to a drug from Glaxo-Smith-Kline that had failed FOUR clinical trials and GSK had given up on
  • Put his mother on the board of his new company and had her re-run one of those trials without actually testing on patients, they cook the numbers to show some promise (even thought they knew there was none) and with those results ...
  • Appeared On Jim Kramer's show and anywhere that would listen to him proclaim he was making headway with a new Alzheimers drug (he wasn't) 
  • The IPO goes public and the stock doubles in a day - eventually going from $5 to $50 a share
  • Final clinical trials reveal what they knew all along, the drug is totally useless
  • Stock plummets by 99% instantly
Too late - the pump and dump worked and he'd cashed out with millions off of those he conned into believing in a worthless drug. 

If you have folks in your family with Alzheimers or dementia - you should really consider how this prick conned people into buying stock in a drug to treat those conditions even though he knew it was worthless. 

Here is a 2015 article from a finance guy who saw through it while it was happening: 
https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biotech/wh...out-of-you

This was only the first of several such forays and I believe he has a current similar scam going with a gene therapy treatment of sorts. 

His company did eventually come out with a hormone treatment drug for chemically castrating men going through prostate cancer. It was just a variation on an existing drug that does the same thing, but the new one performed about 10% better at limiting the necessary hormones. So he's got that under his belt along with that Harvard degree.

Oof.    

(08-31-2023, 04:50 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Oof.

Yeah, did you read that the DeSantis Campaign has been telling that guy to leave them alone for the last year? Is it an Oof if someone you tell to go away finally goes away?