Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
GOP Debate thoughts

(08-31-2023, 11:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 04:50 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Oof.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Yeah, did you read that the DeSantis Campaign has been telling that guy to leave them alone for the last year? Is it an Oof if someone you tell to go away finally goes away?

50 No's and 1 Yes is a Yes. 

But, no. Was not aware of that.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-30-2023, 09:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: For the folks that are excited about Ramaswamy - you may want to know how he got rich.
  • Purchased rights to a drug from Glaxo-Smith-Kline that had failed FOUR clinical trials and GSK had given up on
  • Put his mother on the board of his new company and had her re-run one of those trials without actually testing on patients, they  cook the numbers to show some promise (even thought they knew there was none) and with those results ...
  • Appeared On Jim Kramer's show and anywhere that would listen to him proclaim he was making headway with a new Alzheimers drug (he wasn't) 
  • The IPO goes public and the stock doubles in a day - eventually going from $5 to $50 a share
  • Final clinical trials reveal what they knew all along, the drug is totally useless
  • Stock plummets by 99% instantly
Too late - the pump and dump worked and he'd cashed out with millions off of those he conned into believing in a worthless drug. 

If you have folks in your family with Alzheimers or dementia - you should really consider how this prick conned people into buying stock in a drug to treat those conditions even though he knew it was worthless. 

Here is a 2015 article from a finance guy who saw through it while it was happening: 
https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biotech/wh...out-of-you

This was only the first of several such forays and I believe he has a current similar scam going with a gene therapy treatment of sorts. 

His company did eventually come out with a hormone treatment drug for chemically castrating men going through prostate cancer. It was just a variation on an existing drug that does the same thing, but the new one performed about 10% better at limiting the necessary hormones. So he's got that under his belt along with that Harvard degree.

https://twitter.com/MJMcKean/status/1699...90672?s=20

(09-07-2023, 12:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-30-2023, 09:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: For the folks that are excited about Ramaswamy - you may want to know how he got rich.
  • Purchased rights to a drug from Glaxo-Smith-Kline that had failed FOUR clinical trials and GSK had given up on
  • Put his mother on the board of his new company and had her re-run one of those trials without actually testing on patients, they  cook the numbers to show some promise (even thought they knew there was none) and with those results ...
  • Appeared On Jim Kramer's show and anywhere that would listen to him proclaim he was making headway with a new Alzheimers drug (he wasn't) 
  • The IPO goes public and the stock doubles in a day - eventually going from $5 to $50 a share
  • Final clinical trials reveal what they knew all along, the drug is totally useless
  • Stock plummets by 99% instantly
Too late - the pump and dump worked and he'd cashed out with millions off of those he conned into believing in a worthless drug. 

If you have folks in your family with Alzheimers or dementia - you should really consider how this prick conned people into buying stock in a drug to treat those conditions even though he knew it was worthless. 

Here is a 2015 article from a finance guy who saw through it while it was happening: 
https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biotech/wh...out-of-you

This was only the first of several such forays and I believe he has a current similar scam going with a gene therapy treatment of sorts. 

His company did eventually come out with a hormone treatment drug for chemically castrating men going through prostate cancer. It was just a variation on an existing drug that does the same thing, but the new one performed about 10% better at limiting the necessary hormones. So he's got that under his belt along with that Harvard degree.

https://youtu.be/4FD5bZ2Qqq0?si=-kGXuCP3uFZVC-Tg

Vivek Ramaswamy is annoying. 

Nikki Haley doing well once again, as is Chris Christie and Tim Scott.

DeSantis is sloganeering.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2023, 11:03 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

What Ramaswamy said about increasing supply, especially supply of housing, was spot on. Inflation rarely occurs when supply is ample. But almost everything else he's saying is BS.

Most of what others are saying is also BS. I think Haley has the least BS.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2023, 11:05 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

A lot of the "tough talk" about fentanyl is warranted but won't amount to anything. It's a trace powder that will probably never be eliminated from street drugs. Instead, we need to eliminate demand for street drugs through empathy and inpatient treatment. Christie started with that idea, good, Haley got there eventually, good. But a lot of time is wasted on this performative tough talk.

Ramaswamy, I can’t believe he brought up Haley’s daughter. Wow.

Vivek has a grating personality, imo, but he says all the right things. He's right about housing. He's right about TikTok. He's right about the establishment and the media. He's right about getting entrenched in world wars. He's right about corporate corruption of the government. Christie was tolerable tonight when he forgot he was just here to slander Trump. Nikki is pure establishment neo-con. DeSantis honestly doesn't get enough speaking time, and when he does, he is failing to be relatable.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2023, 11:48 PM by Jagger. Edited 1 time in total.)

I thought Haley won. Also think Haley would destroy Biden in an election. I think polls show that too. She’s a strong candidate

Not a DeSantis fan. If I hear him say “As Florida governor, I…” one more time I’m gonna vomit.

Don’t know what to make of Vivek. He makes some great points but sometimes he’s a bit over the top.

The other two should drop out.

(11-08-2023, 11:03 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Ramaswamy, I can’t believe he brought up Haley’s daughter. Wow.

Really? She's an adult using TikTok. I don't really consider that an attack, but I also tend to have thicker skin than most people, so who knows.

(11-09-2023, 12:05 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 11:03 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Ramaswamy, I can’t believe he brought up Haley’s daughter. Wow.

Really? She's an adult using TikTok. I don't really consider that an attack, but I also tend to have thicker skin than most people, so who knows.

It certainly was a low blow. They didn’t shake hands afterwards of coarse. Lol

(11-09-2023, 12:05 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:

The idea that Haley should make any kind of account for the behavior of her kids who are both over 20 is ridiculous and offensive.  The only reason we mention Hunter Biden so much is those loans and board positions likely involve his dad's finances.   There is absolutely no indication that the Haley children's social media use has anything to do with their parents' finances.

Stop it. You are so prone to sound bites it sickens me, dude. This is the short version of that conversation.

Nikki Haley: People shouldn't be using TikTok.
Ramaswamy: Your (adult) daughter's using TikTok.

In no way, shape, or form is that an attack on her daughter. It's a suggestion that Haley is not equipped to lecture others about TikTok. Especially as it pertained to Ramaswamy's larger point, that the younger generation is using it, and Republicans have to adapt to the times. I swear, you guys are so distractable.

(11-09-2023, 09:16 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Stop it. You are so prone to sound bites it sickens me, dude. This is the short version of that conversation.

In no way, shape, or form is that an attack on her daughter. It's a suggestion that Haley is not equipped to lecture others about TikTok. Especially as it pertained to Ramaswamy's larger point, that the younger generation is using it, and Republicans have to adapt to the times. I swear, you guys are so distractable.

Imagine you're in your early 20s.  Your mom or your dad says, "I know a lot of your friends are using this app, but, for my reputation, my career, it's really important that you stop." Do you stop or do you tell your mom or dad to mind their own business? If you're a typical American born in the last 100 years, you tell your parent to pound sand with extreme prejudice.

(11-09-2023, 09:16 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Stop it. You are so prone to sound bites it sickens me, dude. This is the short version of that conversation.

Defending cheap shots at someone's daughter may be a new low for you

Everyone on that stage has some younger relative who uses Tik-Tok and they all know that. 
Plenty of rational discussion of the subject to be had without injecting a family member. 
He chose to introduce the "distraction" you are whining about. 

Just shows that guy will display the same utter lack of integrity in his politics as he has in his Pharma biz.

"Your daughter uses TickTok' is now considered a cheap shot lolololol

How [BLEEP] stupid do you have to be to consider that a cheap shot insult? Hahahahaha

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

The best GOP candidates are probably Niki Haley or Tim Scott. Neither have a chance of winning the nomination given the cult-like following of Trump.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-09-2023, 12:28 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: The best GOP candidates are probably Niki Haley or Tim Scott. Neither have a chance of winning the nomination given the cult-like following of Trump.

Tim Scott isn't married, and never has been married.  I know that shouldn't matter, but it does make some people wonder, who is he really?  Is there something we don't know about him?

Cult-like lololol

That's cute.. I think there's a bit more people in this group than your standard cult lol

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(11-09-2023, 12:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Cult-like lololol

That's cute.. I think there's a bit more people in this group than your standard cult lol

The Taylor swift cult says hold my beer.