Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bradley: A very very high upside at LG..

When a coach indicates a veteran player has "upside", it's not a good thing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What exactly do you people expect him to say? Come out and say "Yeah my starting left guard is a joke. He's awful. Confidence is low with him, and my confidence in him is even lower" ?

All of you keep saying he needs to be benched or cut, which I'm not saying he shouldn't but what are our alternatives? Bernadeau didn't look that great. Shatley was getting beat like a red headed step child when he was playing along side Joeckle. What exactly would you propose we do? Hold open tryouts at the practice field?

Quote:Coachspeak. He's dealing with a player in Joekel that has confidence issues. You'd have to be a moron to think he'd say anything other than what he said in that press conference.

F that politically correct crap. The correct answer is "Joeckel is not cutting it right now. We need more production out of him."

Quote:I mean, yea Gus is a buffoon. But he'd be an even bigger one if he publicly trashed Joeckel.

No but he can acknowledge that the position is a problem. Im tired of him babying these players.

Quote:I mean, yea Gus is a buffoon. But he'd be an even bigger one if he publicly trashed Joeckel.

Exactly.  At this point, he would be smart to keep towing the company line because who else is really out there?  No quality starting lineman.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Old school/moderate/player's coach- 3 types of coaches........

Tom Coughlin- Old school

Jack Del Rio- moderate/mixed

Mike Mularkey- Player's coach

Gus Bradley- Player's coach

This team needs an old school authoritarian coach like Belichick/Coughlin to get the most out of them. The penalties are embarrassingly bad and Gus doesn't even care. I'm not a fan of the "player's coaches" like Marvin Lewis who goes 0-9 in playoffs. 

Quote:Old school/moderate/player's coach- 3 types of coaches........

Tom Coughlin- Old school

Jack Del Rio- moderate/mixed

Mike Mularkey- Player's coach

Gus Bradley- Player's coach

This team needs an old school authoritarian coach like Belichick/Coughlin to get the most out of them. The penalties are embarrassingly bad and Gus doesn't even care. I'm not a fan of the "player's coaches" like Marvin Lewis who goes 0-9 in playoffs. 

How was Mularkey a player's coach? The biggest gripe I remember was him trying too hard to be an authoritarian.

The truth is there is not a perfect way. For every Belichick or Coughlin, there is a Pete Carroll or Tony Dungy.

;

;

Quote:How was Mularkey a player's coach? The biggest gripe I remember was him trying too hard to be an authoritarian.

The truth is there is not a perfect way. For every Belichick or Coughlin, there is a Pete Carroll or Tony Dungy.

We need some more Tom Coughlin around here.  Fining people for being late.  Tough hard nosed guy who doesn't mess around and calls it like it is, for instance, Joeckel.  I'm guessing on most other teams, he'd be cut by now.  He is a waste of time, and he gets thrown on his butt every game.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

1. Coaches say things to the media.   They say other things to the team.

2. If you think Marrone hasn't chewed Joeckel's rump in the O-Line meeting room, you are kidding yourself. 

Luke's only weaknesses are strength & agility.

Quote:Luke's only weaknesses are strength & agility.

Besides being completely inept at run and pass blocking, Luke Joeck strap is a bona-fide OL.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:How was Mularkey a player's coach? The biggest gripe I remember was him trying too hard to be an authoritarian.

Exactly. Mularkey was the farthest thing from a players coach there was.

Quote:Besides being completely inept at run and pass blocking, Luke Joeck strap is a bona-fide OL.

Great intangibles.   Never been arrested.

28 on his Wonderlic

Quote:No but he can acknowledge that the position is a problem. Im tired of him babying these players.

So...

babying the players = not being publicly critical of the players

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

You guys are idiots... Do you expect him to come out and say hes straight garbage to ruin the kids confidence. Yeah he might be bad but for all we know hes all we got and we cant get anyone else so we are just stuck with him. 

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

Quote:You guys are idiots... Do you expect him to come out and say hes straight garbage to ruin the kids confidence. Yeah he might be bad but for all we know hes all we got and we cant get anyone else so we are just stuck with him. 

LOL ..... I pretty much think that JJ Watt sucked any ounce of confidence Luke Joeckel had in the final game last season.

Quote:When a coach indicates a veteran player has "upside", it's not a good thing.

Exactly. Upside should not be used past a player's year 3 or 4.

Quote:LOL ..... I pretty much think that JJ Watt sucked any ounce of confidence Luke Joeckel had in the final game last season.
I want you to go play a sport where your own coach thinks you're awful and see how you play lol.. Probably even worse then you are.

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

Quote:Exactly. Upside should not be used past a player's year 3 or 4.

I would agree, except he's never played guard before.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:  An additional thought comes to mind.   It's possible that the other aspect of Gus Bradley's comments is to attempt to increase the trade value of Luke Joeckel.   The drive time team on NFL Sirius Radio speculated that the Giants would be a good fit for Luke Joeckel going back to LT,  with Ereck Flowers moving to RT.  

Sorry, but I don't think with Luke's contract that there is ANY chance that a team would trade for him.