Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 1 games

His escapability is a problem
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lions dline is getting dominated

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2023, 09:04 PM by nejagsfan.)

(09-07-2023, 08:55 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(09-07-2023, 08:53 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Lol right....I have a feeling Mahomes isn't going to make it through the whole season of he keeps risking [BLEEP]

That definitely wasn't a first down

He's pretty durable but yea he's definitely taking some risk pretty early

As a long term QB you just can't sustain that crap year after year....the only reason why Brady lasted so long is he rarely left the pocket.... he's literally one play to an season ending injury....we almost did it last season

(09-07-2023, 08:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lions dline is getting dominated

IDK they pressured him a lot....you just have to contain him.... he's constantly on the run

(09-07-2023, 09:01 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(09-07-2023, 08:55 PM)EricC85 Wrote: He's pretty durable but yea he's definitely taking some risk pretty early

As a long term QB you just can't sustain that crap year after year....the only reason why Brady lasted so long is he rarely left the pocket.... he's literally one play from a season ending injury....we almost did it last season

IDK they pressured him a lot....you just have to contain him.... he's constantly on the run

(09-07-2023, 09:01 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(09-07-2023, 08:55 PM)EricC85 Wrote: He's pretty durable but yea he's definitely taking some risk pretty early

As a long term QB you just can't sustain that crap year after year....the only reason why Brady lasted so long is he rarely left the pocket.... he's literally one play to an season ending injury....we almost did it last season

(09-07-2023, 09:01 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: As a long term QB you just can't sustain that crap year after year....the only reason why Brady lasted so long is he rarely left the pocket.... he's literally one play from a season ending injury....we almost did it last season

Naw, he's had all day a number of times and he can take off when he wants.  They have definitely been getting dominated so far

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2023, 09:10 PM by nejagsfan.)

(09-07-2023, 09:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-07-2023, 09:01 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: As a long term QB you just can't sustain that crap year after year....the only reason why Brady lasted so long is he rarely left the pocket.... he's literally one play to an season ending injury....we almost did it last season

Naw, he's had all day a number of times and he can take off when he wants.  They have definitely been getting dominated so far
Ya ok.... KC defense doesn't look very scary though lol

Can't make those mistakes

And another mistake.... moving the ball easily can't do that... Jesus

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2023, 07:25 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

With Taylor at RT, Pacheco is averaging 2.9 ypc. I knew their run blocking would take a hit when adding Taylor. It will bite them last in the season and playoffs

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2023, 08:47 AM by Mikey.)

(09-07-2023, 08:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Why is Peyton Manning on a gigantic floating turd?

It's not nice to talk about NBC that way.

I think he was promoting the lympics....speaking of gigantic floating turds...

(09-07-2023, 08:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Chad Henne landed in a good place. Good for him.

Oh man, now I'm thinking what Jason Mendoza would do if Chenne were spotted at the Frozen Yogurt stand.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2023, 08:57 AM by Mikey.)

(09-07-2023, 09:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-07-2023, 09:01 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: As a long term QB you just can't sustain that crap year after year....the only reason why Brady lasted so long is he rarely left the pocket.... he's literally one play to an season ending injury....we almost did it last season

There was pressure, but Mahomes was picking the zone apart. Especially in the second half they were forcing him into some bad throws. His WR weren't helping the cause much, either.

The D Line had some crucial stops, too, namely that craptastic gimmick play they ran on 3rd and short. That had "pass on 4th and 1 when you have Marshawn Lynch" vibes for me. Why the heck do you take the ball out of Mahomes' hand there?

(09-08-2023, 06:47 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: With Taylor at RT, Pacheco is averaging 2.9 ypc.  I knew their run blocking would take a hit when adding Taylor.  It will bite them last in the season and playoffs

I loved how the commentators were picking on him all night, telegraphing play calls, jumping snap, lining up incorrectly, etc.

Fields sucks lol

(09-10-2023, 06:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Fields sucks lol

Gronk said in the pregame show that if Fields doesn't start delivering, he's gone. The other guys feigned mild shock at his statement, but they know it's true.

(09-10-2023, 06:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 06:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Fields sucks lol

Gronk said in the pregame show that if Fields doesn't start delivering, he's gone. The other guys feigned mild shock at his statement, but they know it's true.

Gronk actually picked the Bears to win lol

Miami is good.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Fields pick six lol

(09-10-2023, 07:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Fields pick six lol

Yeah but he was ranked higher than Lawrence in the top 100 players…
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

This Miami and LA game is a fight.

That GB/Bears game has been a penalty festival.

This Miami and LA game is wild!

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2023, 07:35 PM by Caldrac.)

(09-10-2023, 07:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This Miami and LA game is a fight.
Very fun game. Kicker missed the damn PAT though. All the Chargers need is a FG to win.

Also. Miami fans must travel well because they are in LA and they cheered like a mofo with Herbert's intentional grounding.

Also. Miami fans must travel well because they are in LA and they cheered like a mofo with Herbert's intentional grounding.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-10-2023, 07:31 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 07:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This Miami and LA game is a fight.
Very fun game. Kicker missed the damn PAT though. All the Chargers need is a FG to win.

Kudos to Miami's D for holding the line and putting that game away. What a wild game from both sides of the ball. Herbert came up red faced and screaming from his final sack to lose the game.

I havent seen a blocked field goal into TD in quite a while wowed