Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 1 games

The kicker so pussed out on an opportunity to stop the runner.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What a strange game

I'm confident we could smash both these teams anydau

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2023, 11:45 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-11-2023, 09:50 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-11-2023, 09:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote: As they just said during half time, movement in the calf is typically a sign of a popped Achilles.

He wouldn't be putting weight on that foot if it was an Achilles. I dont know. Hopefully he isn't injured badly. It looked like a flop to me.

HC Robert Saleh's own words right now in his post game press conference... "We're concerned with his Achilles. MRI later will likely confirm what we already figure. Not good."

I am happy for the Jets tonight. We all should have a soft spot for teams who can pull a win against the odds.

Let that fanbase celebrate tonight, tomorrow it will sink in that their newly acquired HoF qb will retire without ever throwing a complete pass as a Jet

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2023, 12:13 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

https://twitter.com/sharpfootball/status...DLxwjCos5Q

Jags vs 49ers very likely to be a strong candidate to flex into SNF week 10.

Damn this guy has the script...
https://twitter.com/DaddyZaslav/status/1...6763271205

(09-12-2023, 12:12 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: https://twitter.com/sharpfootball/status...DLxwjCos5Q

How in the hell do the Jets get so many prime time games?

(09-12-2023, 01:18 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Damn this guy has the script...
https://twitter.com/DaddyZaslav/status/1...6763271205

That’s wild.

All that hype down the drain, LOL

NFL better figure out how to get the jets off those prime time broadcasts
So dumb

well the Jets investment in Rodgers of 3 yrs, 137mill, 75 mill guaranteed appears to be in jeopardy. bet Rodgers is glad he got 75 mill guaranteed.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(09-11-2023, 08:32 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Jets hopes going down faster than, well, you know... those two or three things...

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Still trying to find out what the heck they did that led to this curse.

It's hilarious, maybe they ought to just run a wildcat or option offense, because when it comes to QB they are doomed to fail.

(09-12-2023, 09:33 AM)Jag149 Wrote: well the Jets investment in Rodgers of 3 yrs, 137mill, 75 mill guaranteed appears to be in jeopardy.    bet Rodgers is glad he got 75 mill guaranteed.

I would think the guarantees beyond this year keep him from retiring, but we'll see I guess.  They need a 1 year stop gap QB because they are built to win now and Zach Wilson ain't it.  It would be either Carson Wentz or Tom Brady for me and I don't think Tom is coming back. I'm no Wentz fan, but he can move the ball down the field a lot more effectively than Wilson.

(09-12-2023, 09:48 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 09:33 AM)Jag149 Wrote: well the Jets investment in Rodgers of 3 yrs, 137mill, 75 mill guaranteed appears to be in jeopardy.    bet Rodgers is glad he got 75 mill guaranteed.

I would think the guarantees beyond this year keep him from retiring, but we'll see I guess.  They need a 1 year stop gap QB because they are built to win now and Zach Wilson ain't it.  It would be either Carson Wentz or Tom Brady for me and I don't think Tom is coming back. I'm no Wentz fan, but he can move the ball down the field a lot more effectively than Wilson.

They need a mobile QB as their line is not elite enough in crunch time to protect for a pocket passer.  Look what happened to Rodgers.  We can let them have Rouke for a first.....Wink

(09-12-2023, 06:55 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 12:12 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: https://twitter.com/sharpfootball/status...DLxwjCos5Q

How in the hell do the Jets get so many prime time games?

target viewing audience.

Same reason why the B1G let Buttgers in. Everyone thinks NY is this magical ratings machine. Casual sportsfan in NY don't give a fart about Buttgers or Jestball.

(09-12-2023, 09:53 AM)Jag149 Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 09:48 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I would think the guarantees beyond this year keep him from retiring, but we'll see I guess.  They need a 1 year stop gap QB because they are built to win now and Zach Wilson ain't it.  It would be either Carson Wentz or Tom Brady for me and I don't think Tom is coming back. I'm no Wentz fan, but he can move the ball down the field a lot more effectively than Wilson.

They need a mobile QB as their line is not elite enough in crunch time to protect for a pocket passer.  Look what happened to Rodgers.  We can let them have Rouke for a first.....Wink

Rourke actually crossed my mind, but there's no way they take him and insert him as starter.  If they did, it would be as back up.  Are the protected practice squad players announced?  Was Rourke one of them?

(09-12-2023, 09:53 AM)Jag149 Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 09:48 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I would think the guarantees beyond this year keep him from retiring, but we'll see I guess.  They need a 1 year stop gap QB because they are built to win now and Zach Wilson ain't it.  It would be either Carson Wentz or Tom Brady for me and I don't think Tom is coming back. I'm no Wentz fan, but he can move the ball down the field a lot more effectively than Wilson.

Also, I think Wentz is mobile enough.  They need a vet, not a rookie or shot in the dark.  Flacco comes to mind as well and he did play ok there last year in limited time, but he's pretty much a statue.  People are floating Matt Ryan's name, but he's another statue as well.  I feel bad for Jets fans.  Rodgers is good for the NFL whether you like him personally or not.

Side note, if this indeed becomes our year and Jets fans have to watch Trevor play at an MVP level while dealing with the fact that they fumbled him away for Zach Wilson and then their savior Rodgers' season just went down the toilet.  Woof, what a series of unfortunate events.

(09-12-2023, 09:57 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 09:53 AM)Jag149 Wrote: They need a mobile QB as their line is not elite enough in crunch time to protect for a pocket passer.  Look what happened to Rodgers.  We can let them have Rouke for a first.....Wink

Rourke actually crossed my mind, but there's no way they take him and insert him as starter.  If they did, it would be as back up.  Are the protected practice squad players announced?  Was Rourke one of them?

Not sure about this week but here is last week's list

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres...-it-means/

(09-12-2023, 10:08 AM)Jag149 Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 09:57 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Rourke actually crossed my mind, but there's no way they take him and insert him as starter.  If they did, it would be as back up.  Are the protected practice squad players announced?  Was Rourke one of them?

Not sure about this week but here is last week's list

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres...-it-means/

Interesting.  They could just take him if they want him then.

Imagine Tom Brady coming out of retirement for the Jets…

Nah!