Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 2 talk: KC vs Jax

(09-11-2023, 03:45 AM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 08:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They did that today

Swagnew still did his thing tho
Yep

He's that good

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-11-2023, 10:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-11-2023, 03:45 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Swagnew still did his thing tho
Yep

He's that good

Yes he is.  Actually it was the turning point of the game. The whole offense came out with a totally different attitude after that run.  Take a look on a replay in the huddle when they came out after that return.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(09-10-2023, 08:32 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Every year there is one team that begin HOT.  They go like 6-0 or such, then proceed to flame out. This is a marathon we have 16 more games left.

This. Think Cincy last year. People started writing them off with the slow start, but they kicked it into gear and made the conference championship. Even look at us, I mean we needed a little luck but we turned out a 9-8 season and were a few mishaps from making KC really sweat that divisional game.

The best part of this time of year is being a little inefficient is fine, you have time to correct it. What's even better is finding ways to win during this time. Imagine when the offense is actually "on", we are going to be a handful for any team in the league. Yesterday worried me, but I try to remind myself it is in fact a long season. We can fix it Smile

For those attending chefs @ Jags next week:

Current forecast is 60% chance of rain and 86 degrees - will keep an eye on that as it likely changes

The team/stadium/league have chosen weekly themes and this game will be a TEAL OUT

https://twitter.com/EverBankStadium/stat...58388?s=20

(09-11-2023, 11:16 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: For those attending chefs @ Jags next week:

Current forecast is 60% chance of rain and 86 degrees - will keep an eye on that as it likely changes

The team/stadium/league have chosen weekly themes and this game will be a TEAL OUT

https://twitter.com/EverBankStadium/stat...58388?s=20

As it should be!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Scored 31 points, and we think the offense struggled…..we’ve come long way in a short period of time.

Honestly, I think the Jags are actually more talented than KC. Mahomes has that X-factor though.

QB--Chiefs (not for long hopefully)
RBs--Jags
WRs--Jags by a mile
TEs--Chiefs but only if Kelce plays
OL--Chiefs but not by a ton

DL--Jags by a smidge without Chris Jones
LBs--Jags
Secondary--Jags

Mahomes looked human out there without Kelce. I will say I'd prefer Kelce is back this week though. If we are to beat them, I'd prefer to do it with them at relatively full strength.

(09-11-2023, 01:59 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Mahomes looked human out there without Kelce.  I will say I'd prefer Kelce is back this week though.  If we are to beat them, I'd prefer to do it with them at relatively full strength.
I don't care who's out there. I just want the win. Whether the Chiefs are at full strength or Gabbert is behind center, just win.

(09-11-2023, 01:59 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Mahomes looked human out there without Kelce.  I will say I'd prefer Kelce is back this week though.  If we are to beat them, I'd prefer to do it with them at relatively full strength.

I mean we're not at full strength.  So it is was it is

(09-11-2023, 03:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

I mean we're not at full strength.  So it is was it is

Sure, but I'd operate off the presumption that we're likely to play them a second time in the post season.  I'd prefer the added experience and reps for our defense in defending against Kelce now regardless of the end result Sunday.  Chris Jones can stay the [BLEEP] away though.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2023, 05:18 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

Chris Jones signed a 1 year deal with additional incentives.  The Chiefs know this game is important.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1701...73575?s=20

Hopefully Jones will be rusty

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2023, 05:25 PM by Caldrac.)

Jones got his deal with KC today. Well, damn.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

(09-11-2023, 05:14 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Chris Jones signed a 1 year deal with additional incentives.  The Chiefs know this game is important.

Has early play off implications on the line.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

All the teams that didn't play their starters in the preseason lost. Glad we played our starters some

Kelce and Jones back. That will be fun to watch next week.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2023, 06:07 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://x.com/jamalagnew/status/17012925...19157?s=20

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2023, 06:19 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-11-2023, 05:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Jones got his deal with KC today. Well, damn.

(09-11-2023, 05:14 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Chris Jones signed a 1 year deal with additional incentives.  The Chiefs know this game is important.

Has early play off implications on the line.

Given each team's schedules, I'd say the game is more important to the chiefs than us from a playoff seeding perspective.  I could see us losing this game and still finishing with a better record than them.  If we win, we absolutely finish with a better record than them and probably don't need to rely on the head to head tie breaker in my mind.

Jags offensive playbook for Sept 17 just shrunk by 30% when Jones signed.

Gotta scratch off anything that takes time to develop that doesn't have TL rolling away from Jones' side of Center.

Run plays away from Jones and some supreme level dink and dunk are likely getting cued up as we speak.

Will be interesting to see which RB they select to help protect or if they put Strange in the back field as an H.
If they plan to let Trevor throw downfield - he'll need added protection.

Jones would face a banged up Scherff who played, um, not so well yesterday - or a declining Shatley who is definitively no match for Jones. If they flip him to the other side it's even worse with Ben Bartch, whose bulk-up smoothie recipe apparently contains some sort of pass-pro kryptonite.