Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jack at WLB this week

Per <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/APMarkLong'>Mark Long ‏@APMarkLong </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/770687393519239168' title="4:19 PM - 30 Aug 2016">3h</a>

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/770687393519239168' title="4:19 PM - 30 Aug 2016">3 hours ago</a>

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;">Another Jaguars item of note: team has moved rookie Myles Jack to WLB for this week, where he will play much of preseason finale

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/APMarkLong'>Mark Long ‏@APMarkLong </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/770701720578031616' title="5:16 PM - 30 Aug 2016">2h</a>

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/770701720578031616' title="5:16 PM - 30 Aug 2016">2 hours ago</a>

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;">Jaguars rookie Myles Jack on move from MLB to WLB for the week: "It actually kind of simplifies my world a little bit more, which is cool."

Ryan O'Halloran also confirmed this, Jack will be playing against Atlanta on Thursday and will see time at WLB. 

O'Halloran reported that the team want to give him time at another position also in case of an injury to one of the starters.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

LOL.

Let the anti-Skuta brigade moaning session commence. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Smart move. We certainly don't want to lose Telvin Smith before the Packers game. I like the idea of teaching Myles Jack how to play all three LB positions in the NFL.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2016, 05:22 PM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:LOL.

Here we are .. Its about Damn time! Lol i hope Jack starts there week 1.

Quote:LOL.

Isn't WLB Telvin's position?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Isn't WLB Telvin's position?
aye.

SLB (Otto,lotto, whatever) is Skuts.

I still think the best lineup is Smith, Jack, with Poz moving to Otto (not much coverage required right? play the run, rush the passer)

and then Smith and Jack in nickle.

but what do I know haha

Poz plays in the middle because he is much better there. He never played outside in Jacksonville.

Quote:Isn't WLB Telvin's position?
Yes.  I'm saying that it's clear that Jack WON'T play otto and the anti-Skuta crew will now be moaning about it even louder. 

Quote:Yes.  I'm saying that it's clear that Jack WON'T play otto and the anti-Skuta crew will now be moaning about it even louder. 

You are making that up. It is clear Jack WILL play Otto at some point.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2016, 05:44 PM by irontrooper83.)

For what it's worth I think WLB is the position where Jack could find most success at right away.

OLB for him has never been in the team plans so far (and he has never played the position before) while MLB is tough to learn for a rookie. We'll see.

Quote:You are making that up. It is clear Jack WILL play Otto at some point.
You are making that up. 

Quote:You are making that up. It is clear Jack WILL play Otto at some point.

If Skuta stays healthy - Jack will NOT play Otto during the regular season of 2016 (unless they pull the starters in a blow-out.)

They are grooming him to replace Poz at MLB, not to start at Otto. 

People got upset when it was suggested that Telvin might have to be removed from the field on passing downs because he's a major liability. That might just got a lot stronger. 

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2016, 06:16 PM by Sosa.)

I wish we had a 3-4 scheme

FS                                                   SS

CB                              OLB             MLB                  MLB               OLB/CB                          CB

DE               NT                 DE

Lineup would look like:

FS - Gipson

SS - Cyprien/Telvin?

CB - House

CB - Ramsey

OLB - Ngakoue/Skuta

OLB - Fowler

MLB - Poz/Telvin

MLB - Jack

DE - Malik

NT - Roy

DE - Odrick/Marks

Quote:People got upset when it was suggested that Telvin might have to be removed from the field on passing downs because he's a major liability. That might just got a lot stronger. 

It's a possibility.  Telvin has been caught biting on the check down throw at least 4 times this preseason. 

I think Telvin can get it corrected and Jack learning the spot is more insurance than anything, but it's still a remote possibility if Telvin continues to let TEs get behind him because he's keyed on the RB.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2016, 05:53 PM by jessepeck1213.)

Quote:I wish we had a 3-4 scheme

FS SS

CB OLB MLB MLB OLB/CB CB

DE NT DE

Lineup would look like:

FS - Gipson

SS - Cyprien

CB - House

CB - Ramsey

OLB - Skuta/Fowler

OLB - Telvin

MLB - Poz

MLB - Jack

DE - Malik

NT - Roy

DE - Fowler/Ngakoue
Tevin isn't a 3-4 olb. He's limited to 4-3 olb. And fowler and ngakoue are too small to play 3-4 de

Quote:You are making that up. 

Coaches are cross-training him, right? If so, he obviously will play sometime at Otto.

Quote:Coaches are cross-training him, right? If so, he obviously will play sometime at Otto.
[Image: f67334bc58f2468bad15312669d5edaa0afe4c44...0d296b.jpg]

So essentially, they are plugging in players that are developing into positions that pretty much already have players slotted for them.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2016, 06:07 PM by Sosa.)

Quote:Tevin isn't a 3-4 olb. He's limited to 4-3 olb. And fowler and ngakoue are too small to play 3-4 de
Yeah, I know. Our players don't have the physique to play in certain positions for that scheme. I wonder if we'd just have to throw Fowler and Ngakoue at OLB, and use Telvin somewhere else? Malik, Odrick, and Marks would have to play DE.