Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jack at WLB this week

Quote:Jack, Smith, and who else?

Pullard is about equal to Poz in coverage ability at this point IMO.  So - technically - only two are better.  The point I was making was that stating X-player is better than Poz in coverage is of little consequence right now until Jack is ready to play all three downs at MLB. 

Quote: 

Coaches never asked Poz to play Otto. Either they know he can't or he does not want to play outside.

You are missing the point again.  If they put Jack in the middle permanently and  they want to see Poz play outside, then Poz will go play outside.

What he wants doesn't factor into the equation.  Besides, he's a team player that's not young enough to be demanding of which LB spot he fills.  He wouldn't complain at trying out the OTTO role. 

A middle linebacker finishing his career on the strong side in a 4-3 set is not terribly unusual. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Telvin has the ability to be good in coverage. He just seems to get fooled when playing zone.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Telvin has the ability to be good in coverage. He just seems to get fooled when playing zone.
Bingo. ^

He has looked good in coverage more often than he's looked bad, but he's been showcasing the "bad" side by biting on the underneath stuff this preseason. 

Quote:Pullard is about equal to Poz in coverage ability at this point IMO.  So - technically - only two are better.  The point I was making was that stating X-player is better than Poz in coverage is of little consequence right now until Jack is ready to play all three downs at MLB. 

You are missing the point again.  If they put Jack in the middle permanently and  they want to see Poz play outside, then Poz will go play outside.

What he wants doesn't factor into the equation.  Besides, he's a team player that's not young enough to be demanding of which LB spot he fills.  He wouldn't complain at trying out the OTTO role. 

A middle linebacker finishing his career on the strong side in a 4-3 set is not terribly unusual. 

We already would have put Poz outside if we wanted to do that. I am not missing anything.

Quote:We already would have put Poz outside if we wanted to do that. I am not missing anything.
Yes you are.  

Right now the best combination they can field is Poz in the middle (on first and second downs) with Skuta at SAM/OTTO. (telvin at wlb)

You don't screw that up by moving Poz outside before Jack is ready to play all three downs  at MLB.  That would make no sense. 

Until Jack is ready to be a full time MLB there is zero reason to "already" move Poz anywhere. (if they even bother to do so) 

Quote:Yes you are.  

Right now the best combination they can field is Poz in the middle (on first and second downs) with Skuta at SAM/OTTO. (telvin at wlb)

You don't screw that up by moving Poz outside before Jack is ready to play all three downs  at MLB.  That would make no sense. 

Until Jack is ready to be a full time MLB there is zero reason to "already" move Poz anywhere. (if they even bother to do so) 

If you never heard coaches say they want to eventually move Poz outside, they won't.

Quote:If you never heard coaches say they want to eventually move Poz outside, they won't.
Yeah... that's just some stuff you are just fabricating in your head.  Coaches don't announce every idea about position changes. 

Just like when they moved Evans from FS to SS and Ryan Davis to OTTO.  They didn't talk about it for weeks prior to doing it.  They just did it.

And if they do decide to look at Poz outside they likely won't have a press release on the topic then either. 

I think Telvin is good in coverage when he knows what he's seeing.

It's that second part that's giving him a bit of trouble.

He's had his hands on the ball in each of the last two games. Hard to say that's coincidence. One would've been an easy pick-6.

Quote:I think Telvin is good in coverage when he knows what he's seeing.

It's that second part that's giving him a bit of trouble.

He's had his hands on the ball in each of the last two games. Hard to say that's coincidence. One would've been an easy pick-6.

Yes, that one was an easy TD.

;

;

Quote:If you never heard coaches say they want to eventually move Poz outside, they won't.

I've never heard coaches say they want Jack to play Otto either, but you seem convinced that's happening
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2016, 12:45 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:Tripp is way ahead of Pullard...I wouldn't shocked if our nickel LBs by midseason are Jack and Tripp with Poz and Telvin on the pine.
Tripp is getting cut and Telvin and Jack will be the nickel LBs 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

You just made that up just like you made up Jack playing OTTO. Stop making things up. 

Quote:Tripp is getting cut and Telvin and Jack will be the nickel LBs 
Nah tripp is one of the few special teams aces we have. I don't know what these jokers are talking about, about him potentially putting Telvin or Poz on the sidelines, but I'm sure he's gonna make the team as like our 5th linebacker

I haven't heard the coaches say if Blake is our starter Week 1 but I'm preeeeeeeetty sure he will be.

I don't think they release Tripp. I thought he played pretty well when he filled in for Poz while he was injured. I don't think Jack is there quite yet.

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Who said Tripp will be cut? Someone needs to be a backup LB.

Quote:Who said Tripp will be cut? Someone needs to be a backup LB.

Nonsense. We are running a 2-6-3 defensive line up. LBs for days!
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:I wish we had a 3-4 winning scheme

FS                                                   SS

CB                              OLB             MLB                  MLB               OLB/CB                          CB

DE               NT                 DE

Lineup would look like:

FS - Gipson

SS - Cyprien/Telvin?

CB - House

CB - Ramsey

OLB - Ngakoue/Skuta

OLB - Fowler

MLB - Poz/Telvin

MLB - Jack

DE - Malik

NT - Roy

DE - Odrick/Marks

Is that too much to wish for?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I haven't heard the coaches say if Blake is our starter Week 1 but I'm preeeeeeeetty sure he will be.

Well, Henne did close the gap a bit by his performance in the last preseason game against the Bengals.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Is that too much to wish for?
Well, you need a scheme that fits your team. I personally feel like the 3-4 gets the most talent on the field, and helps the pass rush.