Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
10th Annual TWITAFCS - Week 2

Disclaimer: Kodiak is a lot better with formatting and things, my apologies for the plain jane post. If you're interested in contributing to the weekly posts, let me or Kodiak know, always great for everyone to keep Bullseye's tradition going!

OK, so two rooks getting their feet wet in the NFL made for a few easy picks, and the tacks/Aints game seemed to be the one that separated perfect weeks from less than perfect weeks. Neither rook got a win, but neither one embarrassed themselves as badly as a few high-paid vets did. Looking at you, Mr's. Burrow and Jones.

How long can the unblemished records of our prognosticators remain perfect? This week may be quite the challenge, as our Jags face a formidable foe, the newbs go head-to-head, and I think the tacks still exist, for some unforeseen reason. Best of luck with your choices, everyone!

The week's slate:

clots @ HOU: Richardson got his career off with a promising start. Still a few rookie wrinkles, as expected, which proved costly late in the game. They need warm bodies in the RB room, or the rookie won't make it to the end of the year. The tinhorns gave the murderbirds an early scare, but wilted as the game wore on. This is going to be a tough one to call.

chefs @ DUVAL: Chris Jones ends his holdout. Kelce is still questionable, but likely to play even if hobbled. A surprise win by the loins in week 1 puts the chefs in a precarious position, starting 0-2 would be quite unexpected and a challenging route to postseason play. DUVAL had some early mistakes and lackluster play against a clots team that was ready for battle, but took advantage of inexperience and errors down the stretch to secure the only win in the AFCS on Sunday. If they want to stay perfect, they will have to be on their game from the opening whistle.

Bolts @ tacks: The bolts gave up a million yards to Tua and Tyreek, and couldn't match punch-for-punch in the offensive slugfest against Miami. Good news, bolts, you get Tannehill and company this week, who played the Aints in a kicker's showcase. Does Henry take control against a suspect defense, or can Herbert light up the scoreboard and put the game out of reach?

As for me, I'm going road teams down the line:

clots 17 HOU 14: While the tinhorns have a good D, I liked what I saw out of indynoplace last weekend. They have some potential.

chefs 31 JAX 27: Kelce is Mahomes' cheat code. If he plays, I feel it'll be enough for KC to will themselves to the win. A close loss here will make us hungrier for a postseason rematch.

Bolts 35 tacks(H) 17: The end is near, tack fans. enjoy competing with Houston for the rights to the AFCS cellar. Bolts avoid the 0-2 start against the AFC and keep pace with KC.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

3-0 Last week

Indy
Jax
LAC

I have a good feeling about us this week, even with Jones and Kelce back
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2023, 01:35 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

3-0 last week

Houston
Jags
Charger

Hate to do this one this week, but:

Chiefs over Jaguars
tinhorns over clots
Chargers over tacks
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Missed last week. I'll take:

Chiefs over Jaguars
Colts over Texans
Chargers over Titans
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

2-1 last week (glad I was wrong about the aints and tacks)

This week's picks....
Chiefs (they are them until they aint)
clots (clots D will keep them in every game)
Bolts (Tannehill is not good)

3-0 Last week and the season

Indy defense over Houston
Jacksonville over KC the Bank will be rocking
LAC outscore the stinkingtacks
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Indy over
Jags over KC yea I'm a homer
LAC beat the titans
A new broom always sweeps clean.

3-0 last week

Jags
Colts
Chargers

3-0

chefs
clots
bolts

3-0

Triple C's this week
Chiefs
Colts
Chargaaas

2-1

Clots
Jags
Tacks
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

2-1
clots
Jags
bolts

2-1 last week. 2-1 overall.  

Colts

tittians

chiefs

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

2-1
I will take Colts
Chiefs
Chargers.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Seeing too many capital C's this week.

Colts
Jaguars
Chargers

Last week: 0-0
Overall: 0-0

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2023, 07:21 PM by KodiakJag.)

This week I am in agreement with Caldrac’s picks.

Chiefs over Jaguars
Texans over Colts
Chargers over Titans

Last week:  2-1
Overall:  2-1

and welcome back, Bullseye!
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(09-12-2023, 09:31 AM)Mikey Wrote: Disclaimer: Kodiak is a lot better with formatting and things, my apologies for the plain jane post. If you're interested in contributing to the weekly posts, let me or Kodiak know, always great for everyone to keep Bullseye's tradition going!

OK, so two rooks getting their feet wet in the NFL made for a few easy picks, and the tacks/Aints game seemed to be the one that separated perfect weeks from less than perfect weeks. Neither rook got a win, but neither one embarrassed themselves as badly as a few high-paid vets did. Looking at you, Mr's. Burrow and Jones.

How long can the unblemished records of our prognosticators remain perfect? This week may be quite the challenge, as our Jags face a formidable foe, the newbs go head-to-head, and I think the tacks still exist, for some unforeseen reason. Best of luck with your choices, everyone!

The week's slate:

clots @ HOU: Richardson got his career off with a promising start. Still a few rookie wrinkles, as expected, which proved costly late in the game. They need warm bodies in the RB room, or the rookie won't make it to the end of the year. The tinhorns gave the murderbirds an early scare, but wilted as the game wore on. This is going to be a tough one to call.

chefs @ DUVAL: Chris Jones ends his holdout. Kelce is still questionable, but likely to play even if hobbled. A surprise win by the loins in week 1 puts the chefs in a precarious position, starting 0-2 would be quite unexpected and a challenging route to postseason play. DUVAL had some early mistakes and lackluster play against a clots team that was ready for battle, but took advantage of inexperience and errors down the stretch to secure the only win in the AFCS on Sunday. If they want to stay perfect, they will have to be on their game from the opening whistle.

Bolts @ tacks: The bolts gave up a million yards to Tua and Tyreek, and couldn't match punch-for-punch in the offensive slugfest against Miami. Good news, bolts, you get Tannehill and company this week, who played the Aints in a kicker's showcase. Does Henry take control against a suspect defense, or can Herbert light up the scoreboard and put the game out of reach?

As for me, I'm going road teams down the line:

clots 17 HOU 14: While the tinhorns have a good D, I liked what I saw out of indynoplace last weekend. They have some potential.

chefs 31 JAX 27: Kelce is Mahomes' cheat code. If he plays, I feel it'll be enough for KC to will themselves to the win. A close loss here will make us hungrier for a postseason rematch.

Bolts 35 tacks(H) 17: The end is near, tack fans. enjoy competing with Houston for the rights to the AFCS cellar. Bolts avoid the 0-2 start against the AFC and keep pace with KC.

Clots
Jags
Bolts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Thanks to Kodiak for getting my picks in last week! 3-0 is a great start for me and I hope to keep it going with my picks this week below:

Texans over Colts

Chiefs over Jags but I believe it comes down who has the ball last. Going to be a great game!

Chargers over Titans