Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sup with Christian Kirk?

He wasn’t on the field as much as Jones and Rid. $84 million bucks???

1 catch 9 yards. Is he in the dog pen?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Trevor missed him a couple of times trying to force something deeper.
The Jags will ride the hot hands and Ridley and Zay were hot

(09-12-2023, 09:56 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He wasn’t on the field as much as Jones and Rid. $84 million bucks???

I think it'll be a week-to-week thing with this whole group. One week Ridley will pop off with Jones having a solid role, then, it'll be Ridley falling off a bit with Kirk having to pick-up the slack. It's almost really a good problem to have at the moment but they'll eventually make roster decisions as a whole in the off season. If Ridley plays like he did in week one he's the primary target to extend, followed by Campbell in my opinion on defense.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I think it depends on time. How much time TL has to survey the field. Last week he was lucky to have time for 1 or 2 reads. (probably based on how the D lined up pre snap.) After that it was a scramble drill.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(09-12-2023, 09:59 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 09:56 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He wasn’t on the field as much as Jones and Rid. $84 million bucks???

I think it'll be a week-to-week thing with this whole group. One week Ridley will pop off with Jones having a solid role, then, it'll be Ridley falling off a bit with Kirk having to pick-up the slack. It's almost really a good problem to have at the moment but they'll eventually make roster decisions as a whole in the off season. If Ridley plays like he did in week one he's the primary target to extend, followed by Campbell in my opinion on defense.

Just hoping he’s not jelly that tlaw was force feeding Rid.

(09-12-2023, 10:08 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 09:59 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I think it'll be a week-to-week thing with this whole group. One week Ridley will pop off with Jones having a solid role, then, it'll be Ridley falling off a bit with Kirk having to pick-up the slack. It's almost really a good problem to have at the moment but they'll eventually make roster decisions as a whole in the off season. If Ridley plays like he did in week one he's the primary target to extend, followed by Campbell in my opinion on defense.

Winning cures all and we gave him a big payday to come here. I'm sure he's fine, he knows he'll get his targets. None of our WR group seems the type to get angry if the rest are having a bigger game than them. 

Now if Ridley was dropping those balls and we lost I could see them being a little miffed, but I have no concerns there.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2023, 10:43 AM by TheDogCatcher. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-12-2023, 10:35 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 10:08 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Just hoping he’s not jelly that tlaw was force feeding Rid.

Winning cures all and we gave him a big payday to come here. I'm sure he's fine, he knows he'll get his targets. None of our WR group seems the type to get angry if the rest are having a bigger game than them. 

Now if Ridley was dropping those balls and we lost I could see them being a little miffed, but I have no concerns there.

I think what they have is a great setup. Everyone excels in their particular roles -- Ridley is the JSmooth, alpha dog WR1; Zay is Keenan who can get deep; Kirk is an ideal slot; Engram is a prototypical modern TE.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

It's because we went with alot of 2 TE sets and Kirk is a slot WR. If we go with 2 WRs, most of the times it will be Zay and Rid as they are better outside WRs. When we go 3 WR set he will be out there.

There is only one ball and we have a lot of talent at WR and TE.

I bet he will have some big games this season, just like Ridley, Engram and Zay.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2023, 11:14 AM by Cleatwood.)

The clots bracketed Kirk a bunch in the first half.

I also agree with you. Each week, Kirk/Zay/Engram will take turns eating. However, Ridley is gonna eat each week.

(09-12-2023, 09:59 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I think it'll be a week-to-week thing with this whole group. One week Ridley will pop off with Jones having a solid role, then, it'll be Ridley falling off a bit with Kirk having to pick-up the slack. It's almost really a good problem to have at the moment but they'll eventually make roster decisions as a whole in the off season. If Ridley plays like he did in week one he's the primary target to extend, followed by Campbell in my opinion on defense.

Kirk has already stated he doesn't care about catches. He cares about wins.

It's not like he's in a contract year.  I don't see anyone on this team being selfish like that

You don't add receivers without guys seeing roles diminished at times.

Kirk will get his when they decide to focus on the slot in certain matchups.

As of now we have lots of looks with only 2 WR and Engram is sometimes in the slot.

The frequency of the formations using Kirk at Y will increase vs certain opponents.
Christian Kirk will get his opportunities.

Colts play alot of zone and that takes away alot of the Slants etc.. so Kirk was not part of the game plan, there were also some opportunities that Trevor just didn't look his way.

Agree with this, TLaw definitely loved Calvin on Sunday and missed Kirk with easier routes a couple times.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2023, 01:03 PM by americus 2.0. Edited 1 time in total.)

It's the first game of an 18 game season. If his ego is that fragile he needs to find a psychiatrist to deal with it.

ETA: after reading other comments mine might have been harsh. Feeling snippy in general today so I probably shouldn't say anything about anything. Lol

LOL.

One game.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Kirk was probably open heaps of times during the game but Trevor couldn't see him because of how quickly the pocket collapsed

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2023, 05:35 PM by Predator. Edited 2 times in total.)

It all depends on how the defense game plans and how they are playing coverage.

I'm sure there will be games where Kirk will be the open guy.

That is the good thing about our receiving corps. If a defense game plans to shut down some receivers, the others will eat you alive.

When you have 2 critical drops in the playoffs vs the Chiefs, the team upgrades to keep your sorry [BLEEP] on the bench.

(09-12-2023, 05:36 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: When you have 2 critical drops in the playoffs vs the Chiefs, the team upgrades to keep your sorry [BLEEP] on the bench.

No, he’s a very good player. He will be having a great game soon.