Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sup with Christian Kirk?

(09-12-2023, 05:36 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: When you have 2 critical drops in the playoffs vs the Chiefs, the team upgrades to keep your sorry [BLEEP] on the bench.

The only upgrade they got was Ridley and they traded for him 2 months before the playoffs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There is only so many targets and throws every game. Some days it will be Ridley left out, others Zay, sometimes Engram, sometimes Kirk.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2023, 08:39 PM by Newton.)

Kirk is going to feast against the chiefs. When they look at the tape, Trevor is going to realize Kirk was wide open underneath.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2023, 07:08 AM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

Get it to the right guy on the play, no one is in the dog house, if anyone it should have been Bigsby and we kept feeding him. Kirk looked open on some of those passes but Trev was making some slick throws for scores. Lawrence is looking for kill shots, not first downs, but should just take what the defense gives. It'll all work itself out, no reason to get needy for touches. Kirk will be a key player going forward no doubt.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2023, 08:32 AM by Mikey.)

(09-12-2023, 09:56 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He wasn’t on the field as much as Jones and Rid. $84 million bucks???

1 catch 9 yards. Is he in the dog pen?

We all knew with a stacked stable that individual stats would start to drop.

His throws will come.  If Trevor starts tossing everything to Ridley, he'll draw some extra coverage and the others will have their chances to get open and get some of the stats.

Patience.

(09-12-2023, 07:04 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 05:36 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: When you have 2 critical drops in the playoffs vs the Chiefs, the team upgrades to keep your sorry [BLEEP] on the bench.

No, he’s a very good player. He will be having a great game soon.

WHOOSH!

(09-12-2023, 08:38 PM)Newton Wrote: Kirk is going to feast against the chiefs. When they look at the tape, Trevor is going to realize Kirk was wide open underneath.

It's possible. I think they'll test Ridley early on McDuffie. Just to see what they can get away with but if the offensive line is going to continue to struggle? They're going to have to rely on the short, underneath stuff to get the ball out quickly. Much like last year.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Pass distribution is the only place on this team that we don't have enough balls to go around.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Every week will be different with this stuff.
Yes, we have more worthy receiving targets than ever before, so some will suffer, but...

This past week was more about the gameplan and how they wanted to attack indy's defense.
Kirk was not even on the field for 40% of the offensive snaps Sunday.
That is the actual number.
He saw the field less than all other receivers and 13% less than Evan Engram.

We will probably see weeks where he's at 75% and higher with 3 or 4 more targets. It's going to depend on matchups.

(09-12-2023, 12:43 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 09:59 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I think it'll be a week-to-week thing with this whole group. One week Ridley will pop off with Jones having a solid role, then, it'll be Ridley falling off a bit with Kirk having to pick-up the slack. It's almost really a good problem to have at the moment but they'll eventually make roster decisions as a whole in the off season. If Ridley plays like he did in week one he's the primary target to extend, followed by Campbell in my opinion on defense.

Agree with this, TLaw definitely loved Calvin on Sunday and missed Kirk with easier routes a couple times.
Trevor predetermined too many throws on week 1. He didn't read the coverage during the play. Maybe that was the gameplan to get the ball out quick but it wasn't like he didn't have any time to look at other WRs.

Hopefully this isn't a trend or issue because it will cause the offense problems.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Kirk’s 2 games last year against Chiefs 16 receptions for 157 yards and 3 TDs.

He might go off Sunday.

(09-13-2023, 09:49 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 12:43 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: Agree with this, TLaw definitely loved Calvin on Sunday and missed Kirk with easier routes a couple times.
Trevor predetermined too many throws on week 1. He didn't read the coverage during the play. Maybe that was the gameplan to get the ball out quick but it wasn't like he didn't have any time to look at other WRs.

Hopefully this isn't a trend or issue because it will cause the offense problems.

He was excited to play with the shiny new toy on Christmas morning. 

That will settle down.

Good job forum, you got the right read on this. On to the next thread for me…?

(09-13-2023, 09:49 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 12:43 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: Agree with this, TLaw definitely loved Calvin on Sunday and missed Kirk with easier routes a couple times.

I think a lot of the plays were designed with Ridley as the first or second read, and well, dude got open or TLaw was putting the ball where only he could get em.

But one of those vision plays was the first TD. I know for sure that after the play they looked at that one on the sideline and I really hope we keep that one for future use. If you watch from the snap, Strange releases directly to the left pylon with not a soul near him. I saw that an just knew if we missed on that play, we'd regret not seeing that gifted opportunity. The play appears to develop more to the right, and as Trevor rolled back coverage came to Strange, giving Ridley the open look. But if Strange releases that open when they run that play again, I sure hope Trevor is looking that way to start the progression because it's the easiest six you'll ever score.

I guess y'all can stop worrying about how the ball gets spread around now.