Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jamal Agnew since 2021

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2023, 08:11 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 2 times in total.)

I was looking at some stats earlier and Swagnew has been that dude. Since coming to Jacksonville in 2021, Jamal Agnew has racked up 1,092 kick return yards which ranks 6th in the NFL during that span. He’s ranked 3rd in KR TD’s.

Agnew’s 78 yards all-purpose yards against the Colts on Sunday now pushes his totals to 2,040 all-purpose yards since 2021, which is up there with the best of them. 

He’s also racked up 8 total Touchdowns which also ranks #1 in the NFL among special team aces. 

Since 2021: 

-10th in PR yards
- Tied for 2nd in return TDs
- 6th in KR yards

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

When the team has gone into a lull in a lot of games in recent memory we have seemed to get a spark of momentum from a good Swagnew return. I think he's due to crib one this year.

1092 kick return yards could just mean we're giving up a lot of touchdowns to the other team. I'm not sure I'd ever want to be first in kick return yards.
Punt return yards would be a lot better because it means we're stopping the opponent. But kick return yards mean we're not stopping the opponent.

(09-13-2023, 07:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: 1092 kick return yards could just mean we're giving up a lot of touchdowns to the other team.  I'm not sure I'd ever want to be first in kick return yards.
Punt return yards would be a lot better because it means we're stopping the opponent.  But kick return yards mean we're not stopping the opponent.

Agreed.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We just need to stop trying to force him on run plays/ends around.

I think we have a few plays designed to fake the end around play, and you have to run the decoy a few times or the D will key on him every time he joins the huddle.

Ultimate respect when, for most of the game, the Indy punter was kicking it out of bounds to keep the ball from him...

(09-13-2023, 08:36 AM)Mikey Wrote: We just need to stop trying to force him on run plays/ends around.

I think we have a few plays designed to fake the end around play, and you have to run the decoy a few times or the D will key on him every time he joins the huddle.

The plays are fine, but yes, they need to have another play or two run from those formations and they can't feed Agnew on 4 of the 5 times he sees the field on offense.

Hopefully week one Swagnew usage vs the colts was just a set-up for week two when they trot Agnew out only to draw attention away from the actual play.

(09-13-2023, 07:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: 1092 kick return yards could just mean we're giving up a lot of touchdowns to the other team.  I'm not sure I'd ever want to be first in kick return yards.
Punt return yards would be a lot better because it means we're stopping the opponent.  But kick return yards mean we're not stopping the opponent.

He has 10 less returns than any returned in the top 10.

I would like to see him in 4/5 WR routes from the slot where he goes deep and opens up the underneath routes if he is covered.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(09-16-2023, 09:01 AM)jagsfan06 Wrote: I would like to see him in 4/5 WR routes from the slot where he goes deep and opens up the underneath routes if he is covered.

Same. They tried two gimmick plays with him last Sunday behind the line of scrimmage. Both went for negative yardage. They should give him a chance to actually run routes again. Him and Lawrence had a few near misses last year for some big plays downfield.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Really like the guy ... Like the folk above would love to see us try and get the ball in his hands a couple more times a game ... However, more often than not he finds a way to impact the game one way or another and it's usually at times we really need him ... Can't ask more of a dude than that...

I've a sneaky feeling he's a very good guy in the locker room as well which should never be underestimated!

(09-16-2023, 10:49 AM)cat bells Wrote: Really like the guy ... Like the folk above would love to see us try and get the ball in his hands a couple more times a game ... However, more often than not he finds a way to impact the game one way or another and it's usually at times we really need him ... Can't ask more of a dude than that...

I've a sneaky feeling he's a very good guy in the locker room as well which should never be underestimated!

Like this? 

https://youtu.be/o-PTEbWqCsM?si=F16PgjYKe7jw9BYH

Just kidding! Agnew is a prime contributor to this team and one of its leaders. I predict great things from him this season, and hopefully tomorrow.

(09-16-2023, 11:04 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 10:49 AM)cat bells Wrote: Really like the guy ... Like the folk above would love to see us try and get the ball in his hands a couple more times a game ... However, more often than not he finds a way to impact the game one way or another and it's usually at times we really need him ... Can't ask more of a dude than that...

Like this? 

Just kidding! Agnew is a prime contributor to this team and one of its leaders. I predict great things from him this season, and hopefully tomorrow.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(09-16-2023, 11:06 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 11:04 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Like this? 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Lol. My hope is that by bringing it up...

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...ipo=images]

Yeah ....

I'd forgotten about that ... I was wrong, I take it all back ... Cut him!!  Wink

Any news on his health? Will he be available for this weeks game?
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(11-14-2023, 06:45 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: Any news on his health?    Will he be available for this weeks game?

In Doug’s Monday presser, he did not seem confident Agnew would be back this week.

I knew this guy was toast once he fumbled and lost us the game vs KC in the playoffs last year.

(11-15-2023, 12:04 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I knew this guy was toast once he fumbled and lost us the game vs KC in the playoffs last year.

You could argue the Jaguars never make it to the playoffs without Agnew in the Titans game in week 18, when he went for 166 all purpose yards.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2023, 09:06 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 3 times in total.)

I’m a little late on this but I wanted to give a shout-out to Swagnew.

“1-800-CALL-MAL” now has 8 total TDs since joining the Jaguars in 2021. Agnew is still the only WR in franchise history to have a rushing TD.

Jimmy Smith, Jones-Drew, Marquis Lee, Reggie Barlow, Elvis Joseph and Jamal Agnew are the only players in franchise history to have a special teams TD and a rushing/receiving TD in the same season.

Jones-Drew and Jamal Agnew are the only players in Jaguars history to rush for a TD and score a special teams TD.

Agnew has now scored a TD in every season in a Jaguars uniform.

*Agnew is the only player in franchise history with a “kick 6” and is the only WR in franchise history with a rushing TD.

*Jamal Agnew and Jones-Drew are the only 2 players in franchise history with at least 1 receiving TD, 1 rushing TD, and 1 special teams TD.