Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jamal Agnew since 2021

(12-20-2023, 08:25 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I’m a little late on this but I wanted to give a shout-out to Swagnew.

“1-800-CALL-MAL” now has 8 total TDs since joining the Jaguars in 2021. Agnew is still the only WR in franchise history to have a rushing TD.

Jimmy Smith, Jones-Drew, Marquis Lee, Reggie Barlow, Elvis Joseph and Jamal Agnew are the only players in franchise history to have a special teams TD and a rushing/receiving TD in the same season.

Jones-Drew and Jamal Agnew are the only players in Jaguars history to rush for a TD and score a special teams TD.

Agnew has now scored a TD in every season in a Jaguars uniform.

*Agnew is the only player in franchise history with a “kick 6” and is the only WR in franchise history with a rushing TD.

*Jamal Agnew and Jones-Drew are the only 2 players in franchise history with at least 1 receiving TD, 1 rushing TD, and 1 special teams TD.

That's "Teal of Doom" bad, man.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They call him that on insta

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2024, 09:45 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 3 times in total.)

Where would you rank Agnew all-time as a special teams ace?

Reggie Barlow
Montell Owens (2 pro bowls)
*Jamal Agnew (1 pro bowl)
Brian Witherspoon
Kasim Osgood
Rashad Greene
Desmond Howard
Nick Sorenson
*Ross Matiscik (1 Pro Bowl)

Barker (pro bowl)
Hollis (pro bowl)

I would rank him 2nd behind Barlow. Reggie is still the only Jaguar to ever score on a punt return and kickoff return. Agnew is the only Jaguar to score on a kick 6 and a kickoff return.

Barlow never made a Pro Bowl.

Agnew has also had 2 TDs brought back due to bad holding penalties. i would give Agnew the edge has he is so electric. i don't recall Barlow having that electric buyonce about him. i could be wrong as it was the early days when i didn't have sunday ticket to watch the games.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 05:31 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-10-2024, 09:42 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Where would you rank Agnew all-time as a special teams ace?

Reggie Barlow
Montell Owens (2 pro bowls)
*Jamal Agnew (1 pro bowl)
Brian Witherspoon
Kasim Osgood
Rashad Greene
Desmond Howard
Nick Sorenson
*Ross Matiscik (1 Pro Bowl)

Barker (pro bowl)
Hollis (pro bowl)

I would rank him 2nd behind Barlow. Reggie is still the only Jaguar to ever score on a punt return and kickoff return. Agnew is the only Jaguar to score on a kick 6 and a kickoff return.

Barlow never made a Pro Bowl.

I vaguely remember Barlow as a kid. Agnew though, he seemed to come up big time with field flipping momentum returns in games we either had to win to get into the post season (2022's season finale at home) and he's done that a few times in other games here and there. 

It's a shame he has a fumbling problem on offense because he's had some opportunities there to put this team in the "W" column. In some of those very same games he helped us out on special team's. It's a shame we lost him in the Carolina game. He probably would have cracked one against the tacks last Sunday.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-11-2024, 10:23 AM)icey14 Wrote: Agnew has also had 2 TDs brought back due to bad holding penalties.  i would give Agnew the edge has he is so electric.  i don't recall Barlow having that electric buyonce about him. i could be wrong as it was the early days when i didn't have sunday ticket to watch the games.

Barlow was that dude. My first night game ever was in 1999 when Ricky Williams was drafted by the Saints, and I remember on 4th down the Saints lines up in punt formation, the crowd was chanting Reggie Reggie Reggie so I joined in. Reggie fielded the punt and ran straight up the middle for a touchdown. 

That same night Jimmy Smith went for 200+ yards receiving.

that would of been awesome to see in person. i might have to go watch some barlow film from the early years.

just watched some highlights and wow he was really good. some shoestring tackles away from another 5 or 6 PR TDs.

We'll not see his like again.
And now his watch is ended.

Washington has been huge shoes to fill. I hope they can bring Ag back somehow but doubtful.