Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor Lawrence vs Patrick Mahomes

i was listening to ESPN 690 and Brent asked for a comparision over last 10 games.

so i decided to do last 10 games of 2022 including Playoffs.  since i have nothing to do at work LOL

Trevor  Record 7-3 (Losses to Detroit and 2 times to KC)

241/362 Passes For 2543 YDS, 66% with 19 TDS and 7 INT, 33 Carries for 173 YDS and 2 TDS,  4 Fumbles Lost

Patrick Record 9-1 (Loss to CIN)

242/348 Passes for 2688 YDS, 69.5% with 20 TDS and 5 INT, 35 Carries for 150 YDS and 3 TDS  no Fumbles Lost

looking at them side by side they have very similar end to the seasons, 

and the start of 2023 Trevor so far has a better start.  so this upcoming matchup going to be Really Good.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-fantasy-202...arterbacks

Trevor Lawrence started his jump into the elite tier by throwing for 241 yards, two touchdowns and an interception in Week 1. That should look like a warm-up for his big Week 2 revenge game against the Chiefs (who eliminated the Jags from the playoffs last season). Between last season and Week 1, the Chiefs have allowed the most passing touchdowns (34) and eighth-most passing yards (4,397) in the NFL. Plus, Chris Jones might need to shake off some rust after ending his holdout, and we know the Jags will be aggressively fighting to keep up with Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs. Lawrence is a must-start, and a top-five performance is in the cards.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2023, 04:23 AM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 2 times in total.)

The offense should explode in some of these games. Our pass catchers are too talented and I'm thinking Trevor will just have gaudy numbers in a few games this year and that should be enough to be mentioned as an elite QB. The question will be whether or not we can protect him and establish an offensive line presence in the trenches. This week was our first full game with the starters this year, lets see how they are after we find a groove.

Mahomes is in his prime. Lawrence is starting to realize his potential. When he’s starting his 7th season we’ll have to compare again. But Mahomes is a great QB no doubt.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-13-2023, 06:16 PM)icey14 Wrote: i was listening to ESPN 690 and Brent asked for a comparision over last 10 games.

so i decided to do last 10 games of 2022 including Playoffs.  since i have nothing to do at work LOL

241/362 Passes For 2543 YDS, 66% with 19 TDS and 7 INT, 33 Carries for 173 YDS and 2 TDS,  4 Fumbles Lost

242/348 Passes for 2688 YDS, 69.5% with 20 TDS and 5 INT, 35 Carries for 150 YDS and 3 TDS  no Fumbles Lost

and the start of 2023 Trevor so far has a better start.  so this upcoming matchup going to be Really Good.

Nice work bro

(09-14-2023, 06:26 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(09-13-2023, 06:16 PM)icey14 Wrote: i was listening to ESPN 690 and Brent asked for a comparision over last 10 games.

Nice work bro

I'm still irritated by that INT that bounced off of Bigsby's chest to a defender.

(09-14-2023, 07:56 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote:
(09-14-2023, 06:26 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Nice work bro

I'm still irritated by that INT that bounced off of Bigsby's chest to a defender.

Mahomes probably feels the same about that one Toney palmed into the Lions defender!

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2023, 08:27 AM by Caldrac.)

This game will be won or lost in trenches this Sunday. It's as simple as that. It's Mahomes natural feel and ability to improvise that's made him a lethal passer or runner at times in the NFL during his prime.

As cited earlier by MarleyJag. Lawrence is working his way up into a special tier of QB's but he's still developing that very same natural feel. Some of the shots he's taken from the pocket last year and just this past game on Sunday is something he's going to have to adapt to or simply die.

I think he'll adapt. This is the one game though, where, I would like to see the running game takeover completely with Lawrence taking shots downfield and getting creative inside the redzone. We need a big game on defense as well.

If Allen can get 3.0 sacks in this one? Or, if somebody can get lucky on a tip drill courtesy of Toney's stone hands or maybe a rusty Kelce? We'll have a chance. BUT, they have to either give Lawrence time in the pocket or he's going to have to create time on his own.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

what i see in last 10 games including 2023, Jaguars are 8-2 and Chielfs are 8-2. this isn't like we are 2-8 last 10. we have confidence in ourselves and we are starting to see it happen. that defense last week was really good. we can compete with any team in the league.

21 touchdowns for Trevor and 11 Turnovers.
23 touchdowns for Patrick and 5 turnovers.

That’s a pretty huge difference IMO.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(09-14-2023, 08:27 AM)Caldrac Wrote: This game will be won or lost in trenches this Sunday. It's as simple as that. It's Mahomes natural feel and ability to improvise that's made him a lethal passer or runner at times in the NFL during his prime.

As cited earlier by MarleyJag. Lawrence is working his way up into a special tier of QB's but he's still developing that very same natural feel. Some of the shots he's taken from the pocket last year and just this past game on Sunday is something he's going to have to adapt to or simply die.

I think he'll adapt. This is the one game though, where, I would like to see the running game takeover completely with Lawrence taking shots downfield and getting creative inside the redzone. We need a big game on defense as well.

If Allen can get 3.0 sacks in this one? Or, if somebody can get lucky on a tip drill courtesy of Toney's stone hands or maybe a rusty Kelce? We'll have a chance. BUT, they have to either give Lawrence time in the pocket or he's going to have to create time on his own.

Totally.

If Trevor has 3 seconds, he'll tear up the KC defense.

Same with Mahomes.

If all things are equal, it'll come down to who has the ball last.  

It's crazy, but yeah.  We have the 2nd best QB NFL.

those throws Trevor made on Sunday are one of the best i have ever seen from a QB. the one between two to Ridley, TD to Zay and over the Defender to Engram.

all amazing throws only 2 or 3 in the league can do that.

There were a couple incompletions where Trevor Lawrence was locked on to Ridley when the slot receiver was open...

I'm not saying that our QB is trash. But to say he played a perfect game is not accurate.

oh he wasn't perfect, he missed a couple, once Ridley slipped which would of been another 20. a holding for another 20 or so. his numbers should of been closer to 300 and Ridley close to 150.

i think he will take those dump offs more this weekend.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2023, 07:29 PM by OG-JAGFAN.)

(09-14-2023, 03:37 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: The offense should explode in some of these games.  Our pass catchers are too talented and I'm thinking Trevor will just have gaudy numbers in a few games this year and that should be enough to be mentioned as an elite QB.  The question will be whether or not we can protect him and establish an offensive line presence in the trenches.  This week was our first full game with the starters this year,  lets see how they are after we find a groove.

Until Otherwise Mahomes is the NFL.  The goal is to get Lawrence into consideration and showing it.  Week 1 was a great start to the season.

(09-14-2023, 08:24 AM)wassy04 Wrote:
(09-14-2023, 07:56 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: I'm still irritated by that INT that bounced off of Bigsby's chest to a defender.

Mahomes probably feels the same about that one Toney palmed into the Lions defender!

Toney had a few big missed catches last week. KC should of easily one that game but the receivers (especially toney) ate buttery popcorn before the game. They dropped way too many.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2023, 10:52 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 3 times in total.)

Lawrence is a really good QB right now
Mahomes is the BEST QB right now.

To me this games a toss up, Mahomes has no real talent at WR, Lawrence has a big advantage in that department. I think this game will be very close, and likely the team that has the better turnover ratio at the end of the game will win. One thing our team as a whole has struggled with is giving up silly turnovers.. I think we have an elite unite if we clean up that mess, the Colts had no business being in that game.. but Tank Bigsbys failures to catch a simple pass and his lack of awareness on the fumble by Lawrence could have really screwed us.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2023, 11:18 PM by OzJohnnie. Edited 1 time in total.)

Missing in that comparison: one Super Bowl victory plus a Super Bowl MVP award (the second of his career). It's a bit silly making this comparison. There is a lot more to being a great QB than stats.

You guys need to stop kidding yourselves already.. Lawrence is an ELITE QB.

(09-14-2023, 11:39 PM)Eric1 Wrote: You guys need to stop kidding yourselves already.. Lawrence is an ELITE QB.

He’s still in the prove it phase. My guess is at the end of this season he will be widely regarded as that. As it stands now, one half of one season isn’t a body of work big enough to lay claim to that yet.

(09-15-2023, 07:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-14-2023, 11:39 PM)Eric1 Wrote: You guys need to stop kidding yourselves already.. Lawrence is an ELITE QB.

He’s still in the prove it phase. My guess is at the end of this season he will be widely regarded as that. As it stands now, one half of one season isn’t a body of work big enough to lay claim to that yet.

It is a relatively small sample size of elite level play, but my eyes tell me he is there and not by some miraculous run of converting low probability passes which is what helped propel Minshew into superstardom for a moment.  It's the maturity, the decision making, the accuracy, the toughness, the wow throws.  I've been critical and/or skeptical of previous Jaguar QBs pretty early on, so I believe I am able to be objective with our team.  I have no concerns with TLaw.  Is there room for improvement?  Sure, but he's been one of the best in the league the last half of last year and into week 1 this year and it's clear to me it has very little to do with luck.