Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor Lawrence vs Patrick Mahomes

(09-16-2023, 11:54 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 08:10 AM)NoShoes Wrote: If he plays like is currently the rest of the season, you’re saying he’ll be regarded as elite. Therefore, he’s currently playing as an elite QB but y’all just lagging.

Well not really... If you extrapolate 2/1 241 to 17 weeks it's not that pretty. 4097 yds 34 Td 17 ints is not what I call elite, maybe top 10. Elite is a great TD:INT ratio, 65%+ Completions and 7.5+ YPA. If you want to be in the Burrow/Mahomes tier (truly elite) then you need to play like it. When Burrow, Allen, and Hurts are "on" I still think they are better QBs atm.

Trevor never really takes over a game and utterly dominates a team from quarter 1-4. When we see that more often, we can start to make claims. TL hasn't lit up teams like some of the above-mentioned QBs have outside of the 1 outlier game in LA(Chargers).

So while we’re extrapolating, are all of Lawrence’s interceptions going to bounce off of a running back?  Just curious of the parameters.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well tomorrow will be time to put up or shut up.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2023, 03:44 PM by Khan Artist. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-15-2023, 08:10 AM)NoShoes Wrote: If he plays like is currently the rest of the season, you’re saying he’ll be regarded as elite. Therefore, he’s currently playing as an elite QB but y’all just lagging.

Well not really... If you extrapolate 2/1 241 to 17 weeks it's not that pretty. 4097 yds 34 Td 17 ints is not what I call elite, maybe top 10. Elite is a great TD:INT ratio, 65%+ Completions and 7.5+ YPA. If you want to be in the Burrow/Mahomes tier (truly elite) then you need to play like it. When Burrow, Allen, and Hurts are "on" I still think they are better QBs atm.

Trevor never really takes over a game and utterly dominates a team from quarter 1-4. When we see that more often, we can start to make claims. TL hasn't lit up teams like some of the above-mentioned QBs have outside of the 1 outlier game in LA(Chargers).

Trevor has authored dramatic comeback wins against the Ravens, the Cowboys, and the Chargers all just last season.

Burrow just threw for 82 yards.  Allen was responsible for 3 turnovers in a loss.  Jalen Hurts spent a year having the easiest path to the Super Bowl since the Rex Grossman Bears where he was carried (often LITERALLY) by the talent around him and has looked like horse [BLEEP] through two games.

Meanwhile, Trevor is making throws on a rope that nobody other than Mahomes is capable of.  He is already better than Hurts, by midseason he will be clearly better than Allen, and by the end of the season he'll be mentioned in the same breath as Mahomes and Burrow.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2023, 03:54 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-16-2023, 09:24 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 02:57 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Some of you guys are still kidding yourselves. The train has done left the station and you're falling off the wagon. Names will not be forgotten when you try and hop back on. And that goes beyond who've just posted in this thread.

They're conditioned to expect failure.  Can you forgive them?

Oh I get that completely, but when it comes to Trevor you could see he had it from day 1. Even in his rookie year, despite what his stats and record may claim, you could clearly see it if you know what you were looking at. Last year he only continued to confirm that. His play from week 9 and on was Elite level. He was the #2 rated QB in multiple major categories during that stretch and you simply can't fluke that. It wasn't just one or two games.

It's almost like some posters on this board still have a little bit of hope that he'll fail so they can say, see I told you he wasn't good and we suck again.

We extrapolating Bigsby giving away Trevor picks every week?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!