Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 3 talk: Houston vs Jax

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2023, 10:12 AM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-18-2023, 07:41 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 06:49 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Just win the division. Get to the playoffs and see what happens.

Help is on the way. We get Cam Robinson back and hopefully that offensive line can improve. Maybe Cooper Hodges can come in for Bartch.

We have to get better on 3rd down. The Jaguars converted 1 third down outside the 2 penalties and converted 0 out of 1 on 4th down.

Special Teams has been great. Tim Jones comes up with a scoop. Matistik had a good play getting down there. Cooke is one of the best, and we all know what Agnew can do. The defense held the Chiefs to 17. Cisco has turned it up a notch this year. Williams forced a fumble.

Lawrence struggled. Etienne had 12 rushes for 3.3 average. Seems like Kirk always has a good game against the Chiefs. He had 100 yard game. Engram is a horse. Need more out of Walker. Going into week 3 and he has 1 sack.

Don’t underestimate this Texans team who beat our tails last year. Pitre is an elite level safety. Will Anderson could be a handful for that oline. They will probably try to steal a couple of possessions with a fake FG. Maybe a trick play to loosen things up.

Jaguars are still tied for 1st place in the division. Huge game this weekend.
The clots just destroyed them with a rookie Richardson and noodle arm Minshew.

Jags should blow them out at home.

Keyword. Should. It's still a divisional game. It's still a concern. This is a team that embarrassed us last year at home and held us to 6 points. They at least improved a little bit more in the pass rushing department and even though Pierce has been ho hum these first two weeks? He created a lot of opportunities for himself in that win against us last year. 

It's all about the plan of attack and executing that plan of attack. I am now officially MORE confident and relying MORE on our defense and Caldwell getting his squad prepared more than the likes of Pederson and Taylor with this offense and that's bothersome. Execution has to get better across the board on offense. Starts with the offensive line, followed by Lawrence and then his receivers. 

However, when those units start struggling, and, they're not hitting certain plays? It's the coaches jobs to get the course back on track, to reset them, navigate them out of the maelstrom. I noticed something yesterday. Kansas City at one point called a timeout, talked to their guys, got them to settle down. I didn't see us doing that yesterday.

Maybe Press needs to be on the sideline with Trevor. Not in the booth. But, the 4th down gambles need to be dialed back. It's week 2 folks. Not week 12. The defense was playing well. The punter was on point. You play the percentages there. Not the dick measuring contest and gut check time game. 

I expect them to win this game on Sunday. BUT... I wouldn't expect them to outright win it. I think they'll keep struggling on 3rd down as an offense because they can't get it going due to poor line play and poor play calling on 1st and 2nd downs. I expect the defense to get after another rookie QB again and to get us off the field on 3rd down. This game will be won or lost on offense. 

I think it'll be close though. Wouldn't be surprised if we win the game late by 3 or 6. That's how concerned I am right now with this offense.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Will Anderson vs Harrison is a big miss match

(09-18-2023, 10:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Will Anderson vs Harrison is a big miss match

I think you test it one on one for a whopping series and if he remotely struggles on his own you should have an immediate back-up plan. Whether that's a chip block at all times with Strange or Engram, which you can then build off from and turn into some sneak TE screen plays or underneath routes (motion right, chip the edge, flush back underneath to the left with Trevor designed to roll to his left, etc).

Coaches have to figure this out. I would have called more twin TE sets with them directly pulling into the interior and going straight at Chris Jones yesterday to wear his [BLEEP] out. Do it a few times over and over again and get his big [BLEEP] worn down so then you can maybe get a deep shot deep. Just feels like we're not game planning good enough when [BLEEP] doesn't go our way initially. 

You have to have a back-up plan.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-18-2023, 10:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Will Anderson vs Harrison is a big miss match

Just because Will Anderson only had 3 tackles yesterday doesn't mean he's a total bust.  I agree that he was way overrated coming out of Bama, but I think he'll do ok against Harrison.

(09-18-2023, 10:41 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Just because Will Anderson only had 3 tackles yesterday doesn't mean he's a total bust.  I agree that he was way overrated coming out of Bama, but I think he'll do ok against Harrison.

He will likely destroy Harrison

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2023, 11:22 AM by Jaguar Warrior. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-18-2023, 11:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 10:41 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Just because Will Anderson only had 3 tackles yesterday doesn't mean he's a total bust.  I agree that he was way overrated coming out of Bama, but I think he'll do ok against Harrison.

What makes you believe that? Because the best defensive end in the league schooled a rookie? Can Will Anderson even sniff Chris Jones jockstrap this early in his career?

(09-18-2023, 11:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 10:41 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Just because Will Anderson only had 3 tackles yesterday doesn't mean he's a total bust.  I agree that he was way overrated coming out of Bama, but I think he'll do ok against Harrison.

Yeah. I wouldn't chance it too much. Like I said. Give him a series. If he looks good one on one. Fine. Give it another series. Allow it until he gives you a reason not to.

He got worked by one of the best in the game yesterday. Chris Jones is a menace for virtually every team he plays.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

(09-18-2023, 11:22 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 11:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He will likely destroy Harrison

What makes you believe that? Because the best defensive end in the league schooled a rookie? Can Will Anderson even sniff Chris Jones jockstrap this early in his career?

Because Will Anderson is a beast.  Have you ever seen him play?

Them boys are hammering the team on 1010 today.

(09-18-2023, 11:39 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 11:22 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: What makes you believe that? Because the best defensive end in the league schooled a rookie? Can Will Anderson even sniff Chris Jones jockstrap this early in his career?

Because Will Anderson is a beast.  Have you ever seen him play?

Ess-Eee-Sea! Ess-Eee-Sea! Ess-Eee-Sea! 

Lol. This ain't college and rookies gonna rook.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I knew there would be a huge overreaction to the Chiefs game. Win and we are going to the SB, lose and well....just take a look.

Yes it would be nice to be 2-0 but I think yesterday will help us. We more than matched the Chiefs and execution was the big difference. Houston gives us a great chance to get back on track. I want to see what the staff do to try and help the Oline out. 

Still got huge belief in this team and I don't think Sunday will be a blow out but a good chance to get some points on the board and some confidence back.

I expect to see a focused team and a kind of angry team Sunday.

(09-18-2023, 12:51 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I knew there would be a huge overreaction to the Chiefs game. Win and we are going to the SB, lose and well....just take a look.

Yes it would be nice to be 2-0 but I think yesterday will help us. We more than matched the Chiefs and execution was the big difference. Houston gives us a great chance to get back on track. I want to see what the staff do to try and help the Oline out. 

Still got huge belief in this team and I don't think Sunday will be a blow out but a good chance to get some points on the board and some confidence back.

Bingo.

Most coaches like to look at the season in quarters. If Jags beat the Texans and Falcons (which they should), then they went 3-1 to start the season. I'll take that every day.

The Jags were never going undefeated and a loss to the SB champs certainly stings but I got lots of faith that this team will make the post season and contend.

(09-18-2023, 12:51 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I knew there would be a huge overreaction to the Chiefs game. Win and we are going to the SB, lose and well....just take a look.

Yeah. I was over it by the end of the day. Again, I was expecting this to be at least one of five games where they would lose. If they lose to the tinhorns this Sunday at home though all hell will break loose locally. 

I expect them to win. I just don't think it will be in a blowout fashion. I would love nothing more than to see Stroud get absolutely demolished with a pick six at some point on top of a fumble stripped out of his hands for a TD on top of that with our offense scoring another 21+ points on their own.

I just don't see that happening. It's going to be a close game that probably comes down to the 4th quarter of play and I expect another sluggish offensive showing where they wake up in the 4th quarter like they did in week one after their opponent makes a mistake or two that sets up with prime real estate.

(09-18-2023, 12:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 11:39 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Because Will Anderson is a beast.  Have you ever seen him play?

Ess-Eee-Sea! Ess-Eee-Sea! Ess-Eee-Sea! 

What do you think Harrison is?  Lololol

The chefs can see that they played like crap and squeaked out a win.

The Jags can see that they played like crap and lost a tough game.

Both teams have reason for optimism going forward.

(09-18-2023, 01:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 12:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ess-Eee-Sea! Ess-Eee-Sea! Ess-Eee-Sea! 

What do you think Harrison is?  Lololol

Part of an offensive line. Harrison and Anderson aren't going to have a one on one death match at mid-field to decide the game. Look, I dig that your college homerism really screws up your ability to understand NFL football, but Will Anderson is a rookie on a bad team. IF this game is lost it won't be because of Will Anderson, it will be because the Jaguars shot themselves in the foot and allowed Stroud to beat them.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-18-2023, 01:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The chefs can see that they played like crap and squeaked out a win.

(09-18-2023, 01:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What do you think Harrison is?  Lololol

Part of an offensive line. Harrison and Anderson aren't going to have a one on one death match at mid-field to decide the game. Look, I dig that your college homerism really screws up your ability to understand NFL football, but Will Anderson is a rookie on a bad team. IF this game is lost it won't be because of Will Anderson, it will be because the Jaguars shot themselves in the foot and allowed Stroud to beat them.
Speaking of Stroud, I've actually been pretty impressed with his play the first 2 games. He throws a great ball on dig routes already.

(09-18-2023, 01:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 01:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The chefs can see that they played like crap and squeaked out a win.

Speaking of Stroud, I've actually been pretty impressed with his play the first 2 games. He throws a great ball on dig routes already.

Over/under on Campbell picking one of those off this Sunday?

(09-18-2023, 01:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 01:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Speaking of Stroud, I've actually been pretty impressed with his play the first 2 games. He throws a great ball on dig routes already.

Over/under on Campbell picking one of those off this Sunday?
Well he hasn't thrown an interception yet so I don't know.

Hopefully he throws 4.....

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2023, 05:15 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-18-2023, 01:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What do you think Harrison is?  Lololol

Harrison is a rookie, he very well could be the reason we lose if Harrison can't block him. College homerism? Lol, if you looked at my name you would understand which college team I like.  I can't stand Alabama but I know how good of a player Anderson is which I know you have zero clue as always.  Hell, you don't even know what you are looking at on the Pro team you like as you think Fortner is a good center lol

(09-18-2023, 10:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Jags offense is last in the league on 3rd down %

Great, we have potential to improve.