Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
For those blaiming the coaches for the failed 1st and Goal

(09-19-2023, 05:44 PM)carp8dm Wrote: How bout the 4th and 5 at the 50 with 3 minutes left when we were up 3-0 and our offensive line had been getting demolished?    All while our Defense were absolute Monsters?

How do you gas light us from that play?

Terrible coaching decision. That lead to the KC Td before the half on a short field. 

The other point is Trevor had it wide open to Kirk. For some reason he hesitated. Got sacked

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-19-2023, 06:15 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 05:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Pederson has since said they should not have gone for it there. 

They shouldn't have. 

Who is gas lighting you, and how?

But let's not ignore that he also said that the play calling and decision making on Sunday was good.

Yeah I wasnt really impressed by the press from Doug after the game....

He could've worded that so much better instead of saying "the play calling was good".... which it was NOT.

I get his trying to protect his staff but at the same time you have to hold this guys accountable and by saying "it was good" you have no room to talk even inside the locker room after you just told the media that the play calling was good.

(09-20-2023, 02:26 AM)BaLLin4Life Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 06:15 PM)carp8dm Wrote:   But let's not ignore that he also said that the play calling and decision making on Sunday was good.

Yeah I wasnt really impressed by the press from Doug after the game....

He could've worded that so much better instead of saying "the play calling was good".... which it was NOT.

I get his trying to protect his staff but at the same time you have to hold this guys accountable and by saying "it was good" you have no room to talk even inside the locker room after you just told the media that the play calling was good.

What exactly do you think will be accomplished by bashing your offensive coordinator to the public vs handling it in house? My guess would be alot more negativity. Possibly leading into the locker room. We don't need to "gas light" a situation any further. Hopefully Doug and Taylor talk through it and figure out what needs to be done moving forward. Luckily our situation isn't near as bad as Pittsburgh. Lets hope it doesn't come to that.
In Dougie I Trust!

(09-19-2023, 05:44 PM)carp8dm Wrote: How bout the 4th and 5 at the 50 with 3 minutes left when we were up 3-0 and our offensive line had been getting demolished?    All while our Defense were absolute Monsters?

It was just as much a gamble as the fake punt the loins did the week prior. One succeeded, one did not. I think they felt they had some momentum, or wanted to get a flag to keep things rolling. I think if it's a hurry-up call where you have the play in your pocket already and force the D to play who they got on the field, it might be better, or at least might force them to call a cheap TO to get everything sorted out.

/lights fart

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2023, 08:42 AM by Mikey.)

(09-19-2023, 06:04 PM)carp8dm Wrote: It's weird when you watch the company line get disseminated as a Talking Point.  I worked for a Multi-National Corporation in the early 2000s that had fingers in almost anything.  And at least once a year there was a crisis.  I just graduated from college with a degree and they hired me as middle management.  Dude, there were always "key words" or "talking points".  And we were made to force those underneath us to not just memorize, but internalize these key words and talking points.

"we didn't execute" is this week's key word.  The lack of executions is this week's talking point.  We're all parroting those same damn talking points.

What the hell does execute mean in terms of trash offensive line play?!?!  No matter how great an under performing O-Lineman is trying to execute, his lack of talent is the reason he failed.  He failed because he wasn't good enough.  Maybe he'll get better over time.  Harrison, for instance.  But it wasn't "execution" that was the issue.  Dude is just not good enough right now.  And guess what, the Coaching Staff still put him out there.

Trevor Lawrence's decision to run sideline on 1st and 1 from the goal line is not an execution problem.  That's a damned decision problem.  Just because it wasn't the Coaching staff to blame for the bad decision doesn't mean that it wasn't a terrible decision!!!

4th and 5 at the 50 when the entire O-Line has been being handed their [BLEEP] and deciding to have Kirk run a dig out (a dig route takes at least 2.5 seconds to break free) isn't an execution problem!!!!  These are issues with decision making.  We are not lacking talent.  Baalke has given this team talent.  This is a team that will win games just sheerely based on how much better our players are.

But the more I look at the film.  And the more I listen to the excuses, the more I see that they are just BS'ing us.  Execution wasn't the problem.  This loss was 100% on the decision making. 

On to Houston.

When you call Farrell to assist on a block, and he whiffs, that is failure to execute.

When the interior line fails to pick up a stunt or adjust to a shift, that is failure to execute.

When routes are run so close to the end line that multiple catches are ruled incomplete, that is failure to execute.

Here's a less buzzwordy way to say the same thing - we was sloppy. They was too. We had our shots, but didn't take advantage. It'll be ok.

(09-19-2023, 06:11 PM)BaLLin4Life Wrote: Doug had alot of criticism in Philly for being too loyal to his hirees.

If this moron continues calling stupid plays and Doug doesnt strip him out of his duties I'm going to be upset.

Welcome to the board?

Simmer down, nobody is asking him to fire anybody ATM.

(09-20-2023, 08:33 AM)Mikey Wrote:

It was just as much a gamble as the fake punt the loins did the week prior. One succeeded, one did not. I think they felt they had some momentum, or wanted to get a flag to keep things rolling. I think if it's a hurry-up call where you have the play in your pocket already and force the D to play who they got on the field, it might be better, or at least might force them to call a cheap TO to get everything sorted out.

/lights fart

I disagree only because of the situation.  You punt and pin them deep with less than a minute left in the half.  

Even if they had made it, it was still a bad risk (but certainly woul have appeared smarter).
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

A better breakdown of the play. Etn walks in if given the ball

https://youtu.be/ChOt4OUYf5s?si=H5IgnimccCONLGCs

(09-21-2023, 07:08 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: A better breakdown of the play. Etn walks in if given the ball

At the time I figured the coaches were just scared to just run a dive.  It's pretty clear from the video the coaches had the right play call and the blocking was good enough.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2023, 08:56 PM by Caldrac.)

(09-21-2023, 08:22 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 07:08 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: A better breakdown of the play. Etn walks in if given the ball

At the time I figured the coaches were just scared to just run a dive.  It's pretty clear from the video the coaches had the right play call and the blocking was good enough.
Aggravating to watch that. Bad presnap read. Neither one of those edge guys on the left were blocked. That's because the TE's didnt know he was going to pull that [BLEEP]. It was a designed run for Etienne all the way to the right side gaps.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Yep I posted this at the top that is was a RPO or at least Trevor thought it was. Trevor made the mistake to pull it because the edge defender did crash down but he was too far away and was still able to recover.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2023, 11:37 PM by OzJohnnie.)

That's an excellent video.  Very well done with insightful analysis. Have subscribed.

Too bad the guy is a complete moron because it's a well-established truism here on these boards that the number one thing the Jags must do is replace someone in the middle of the O-line.  Replace all three if possible, but must replace at least one.  And then we win the Super Bowl.  Executing the plays that are there to be won has nothing to do with it.

(09-20-2023, 08:39 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 06:04 PM)carp8dm Wrote: It's weird when you watch the company line get disseminated as a Talking Point.  I worked for a Multi-National Corporation in the early 2000s that had fingers in almost anything.  And at least once a year there was a crisis.  I just graduated from college with a degree and they hired me as middle management.  Dude, there were always "key words" or "talking points".  And we were made to force those underneath us to not just memorize, but internalize these key words and talking points.

"we didn't execute" is this week's key word.  The lack of executions is this week's talking point.  We're all parroting those same damn talking points.

What the hell does execute mean in terms of trash offensive line play?!?!  No matter how great an under performing O-Lineman is trying to execute, his lack of talent is the reason he failed.  He failed because he wasn't good enough.  Maybe he'll get better over time.  Harrison, for instance.  But it wasn't "execution" that was the issue.  Dude is just not good enough right now.  And guess what, the Coaching Staff still put him out there.

Trevor Lawrence's decision to run sideline on 1st and 1 from the goal line is not an execution problem.  That's a damned decision problem.  Just because it wasn't the Coaching staff to blame for the bad decision doesn't mean that it wasn't a terrible decision!!!

4th and 5 at the 50 when the entire O-Line has been being handed their [BLEEP] and deciding to have Kirk run a dig out (a dig route takes at least 2.5 seconds to break free) isn't an execution problem!!!!  These are issues with decision making.  We are not lacking talent.  Baalke has given this team talent.  This is a team that will win games just sheerely based on how much better our players are.

But the more I look at the film.  And the more I listen to the excuses, the more I see that they are just BS'ing us.  Execution wasn't the problem.  This loss was 100% on the decision making. 

On to Houston.

When you call Farrell to assist on a block, and he whiffs, that is failure to execute.

When the interior line fails to pick up a stunt or adjust to a shift, that is failure to execute.

When routes are run so close to the end line that multiple catches are ruled incomplete, that is failure to execute.

Here's a less buzzwordy way to say the same thing - we was sloppy. They was too. We had our shots, but didn't take advantage. It'll be ok.

(09-19-2023, 06:11 PM)BaLLin4Life Wrote: Doug had alot of criticism in Philly for being too loyal to his hirees.

If this moron continues calling stupid plays and Doug doesnt strip him out of his duties I'm going to be upset.

Welcome to the board?

Simmer down, nobody is asking him to fire anybody ATM.
Not saying he needs to fire him, saying that he needs to take his privilege away and put him back as an assistant.

(09-21-2023, 11:36 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:

That's an excellent video.  Very well done with insightful analysis.  Have subscribed.

Too bad the guy is a complete moron because it's a well-established truism here on these boards that the number one thing the Jags must do is replace someone in the middle of the O-line.  Replace all three if possible, but must replace at least one.  And then we win the Super Bowl.  Executing the plays that are there to be won has nothing to do with it.

LOL

Literally not one poster has said that. 
Keep trolling, I just wish you didn't suck at it so badly. 

In fact - I'm on record here saying that we could have won the chefs matchup with either some wiser coaching decisions or some better execution from our entire offense. (Trevor, receivers, OL) Take your pick. 

If you're too stupid to understand that the OL is holding back Trevor's potential, I can't fix stupid. 
I never said it is the beginning and ending of all the team's issues. 

TL has 2.0 seconds of pocket time right now. 34th of QBs who have seen time in the league the past two weeks. 
Not enough. And also rarely an actual pocket to work from. 
Not rocket science to sort this out.

(09-22-2023, 11:24 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 11:36 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: That's an excellent video.  Very well done with insightful analysis.  Have subscribed.

LOL

In fact - I'm on record here saying that we could have won the chefs matchup with either some wiser coaching decisions or some better execution from our entire offense. (Trevor, receivers, OL) Take your pick. 

If you're too stupid to understand that the OL is holding back Trevor's potential, I can't fix stupid. 

TL has 2.0 seconds of pocket time right now. 34th of QBs who have seen time in the league the past two weeks. 

On the flip side, Justin Fields leads the league in taking sacks after 4+ seconds in the pocket dating back to last year. 80% of his sacks have been after having 4 seconds. Imagine giving Trevor 4+ seconds to work with
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2023, 08:24 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-18-2023, 06:12 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Looks like the blame lands strictly on Lawrence. Lawrence is my guy and he makes more good plays than bad ones. It's also good to call him out when he was dead wrong.  That stupid Failed bootleg was on Lawrence

https://x.com/Demetrius82/status/1703839...09903?s=20

No it's not allowed here sir, if you point out anything he does wrong that means he slept with your wife and you hate him as a human being.. how don't you know this?!?

(09-22-2023, 02:18 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-22-2023, 11:24 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

On the flip side, Justin Fields leads the league in taking sacks after 4+ seconds in the pocket dating back to last year. 80% of his sacks have been after having 4 seconds. Imagine giving Trevor 4+ seconds to work with

I can't speak to fields ability much since he became a bear because.. well I doubt anyone outside of bear fans watch them. but i imagine that has to do with the fact that he starts running around like a chicken with his head cut off, cause from the little bit i've seen of the bears their O line dosen't look that good.

(09-22-2023, 11:24 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 11:36 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: That's an excellent video.  Very well done with insightful analysis.  Have subscribed.

LOL

We woulda decimated the Chiefs if the WRs kept their feet in bounds. 1 or 2 of them could have been better passes from Lawrence but all of them were catchable to some degree. 

I do agree our o line is suspect, but they were hardly the reason we lost Sunday.

Also we discussed this last year, that pocket time stat is irrelevant because it's not considering how quickly the qb gets rid of the ball, Fields isn't behind an all-pro o line.. he just runs around and holds the ball too long.

(09-22-2023, 08:19 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 06:12 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Looks like the blame lands strictly on Lawrence. Lawrence is my guy and he makes more good plays than bad ones. It's also good to call him out when he was dead wrong.  That stupid Failed bootleg was on Lawrence

https://x.com/Demetrius82/status/1703839...09903?s=20

No it's not allowed here sir, if you point out anything he does wrong that means he slept with your wife and you hate him as a human being.. how don't you know this?!?

(09-22-2023, 02:18 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: On the flip side, Justin Fields leads the league in taking sacks after 4+ seconds in the pocket dating back to last year. 80% of his sacks have been after having 4 seconds. Imagine giving Trevor 4+ seconds to work with

I can't speak to fields ability much since he became a bear because.. well I doubt anyone outside of bear fans watch them. but i imagine that has to do with the fact that he starts running around like a chicken with his head cut off, cause from the little bit i've seen of the bears their O line dosen't look that good.

(09-22-2023, 11:24 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

We woulda decimated the Chiefs if the WRs kept their feet in bounds. 1 or 2 of them could have been better passes from Lawrence but all of them were catchable to some degree. 

I do agree our o line is suspect, but they were hardly the reason we lost Sunday.

Also we discussed this last year, that pocket time stat is irrelevant because it's not considering how quickly the qb gets rid of the ball, Fields isn't behind an all-pro o line.. he just runs around and holds the ball too long.

A - Lawrence shares blame in many of those red zone fails - the keeper and some high passes 

B - the pocket time stat is a an aggregate of all snaps - both designed quick releases and quick throws due to pressure - It is 100% relevant because he both has to run too many quick release plays due to bad line play AND has to throw early because of garbage protection

There is a reason why analysts the world over revere 2.5 seconds as the magic number for QBs to make 2 or 3 reads and get the ball out. Analysis of QBs over the last decade of modern football lays it out clearly - very few QBs who get less than that produce consistently in the pass game and especially with downfield passing - while the number of productive QBs who get that measure of time clearly validates its significance - there are a hundred articles out there on it - you should read up 

Fields cannot make and process reads quickly and that's why he has such a late release time - different animal

(09-22-2023, 11:24 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Keep trolling, I just wish you didn't suck at it so badly. 

Heh.  If I were trolling, an impartial observer may comment that I seem to bait you pretty easily.

But I’m not trolling.  I am merely enjoying the groupthink here that you feel compelled to enforce at every turn.  My contrary opinions are genuine.  Your inability to tolerate anyone disagreeing with your personal narrative is just a bonus.

(09-22-2023, 11:36 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(09-22-2023, 11:24 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Keep trolling, I just wish you didn't suck at it so badly. 

Heh.  If I were trolling, an impartial observer may comment that I seem to bait you pretty easily.

But I’m not trolling.  I am merely enjoying the groupthink here that you feel compelled to enforce at every turn.  My contrary opinions are genuine.  Your inability to tolerate anyone disagreeing with your personal narrative is just a bonus.

Nah

You wouldn't have to make up a bunch if garbage that no one ever said to prop up your take if you were being genuine in your contradiction. 

I "tolerate" or "entertain" plenty of dissenting opinion to my own when it contains an ounce of sense.

You just haven't managed that yet.

TL would love to have that one back. He will learn from it.

(09-22-2023, 10:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-22-2023, 08:19 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: No it's not allowed here sir, if you point out anything he does wrong that means he slept with your wife and you hate him as a human being.. how don't you know this?!?

A - Lawrence shares blame in many of those red zone fails - the keeper and some high passes 

B - the pocket time stat is a an aggregate of all snaps - both designed quick releases and quick throws due to pressure - It is 100% relevant because he both has to run too many quick release plays due to bad line play AND has to throw early because of garbage protection

There is a reason why analysts the world over revere 2.5 seconds as the magic number for QBs to make 2 or 3 reads and get the ball out. Analysis of QBs over the last decade of modern football lays it out clearly - very few QBs who get less than that produce consistently in the pass game and especially with downfield passing - while the number of productive QBs who get that measure of time clearly validates its significance - there are a hundred articles out there on it - you should read up 

Fields cannot make and process reads quickly and that's why he has such a late release time - different animal

One of Trevors better qualities is his quick release, Fields on the other hand holds onto the ball forever. Our o lines are really not that much different, but one guy has 4 seconds and the other has 2? I'm just saying that stat being used as a single reason the O line sucks is weird because it covers more than just what the O line are doing.