Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 3 Games

Week three kicks off tomorrow night with the Giants and 49ers. Should be an interesting game but I expect the 49ers to get after and stay after Daniel Jones. Especially with Barkley already ruled out I believe with his ankle injury. 

With us also playing Atlanta here soon in London. I am going to try and keep tabs on their game against the Lions. That's a big game for them to go up 3 - 0 this year against a pretty good team that beat Kansas City and lost to a scrappy Seattle team late in OT. 

Vikings and Chargers are winless so that'll be interesting to see who finds their first win on the year as well. For our play-off picture I'll be pulling for the Vikings. 

Any other games out there anybody else is looking forward to this weekend?
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-20-2023, 08:28 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Week three kicks off tomorrow night with the Giants and 49ers. Should be an interesting game but I expect the 49ers to get after and stay after Daniel Jones. Especially with Barkley already ruled out I believe with his ankle injury. 

With us also playing Atlanta here soon in London. I am going to try and keep tabs on their game against the Lions. That's a big game for them to go up 3 - 0 this year against a pretty good team that beat Kansas City and lost to a scrappy Seattle team late in OT. 

Vikings and Chargers are winless so that'll be interesting to see who finds their first win on the year as well. For our play-off picture I'll be pulling for the Vikings. 

Any other games out there anybody else is looking forward to this weekend?

Meh.  Interesting?  I suspect that the 49ers win by ten or more.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxbvNaYuF...ODBiNWFlZA==

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Ouch, huge blow to the Cowgirls D

https://x.com/NFL/status/1704951650958647791?s=20

(09-21-2023, 04:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ouch, huge blow to the Cowgirls D

Yeah. That's unfortunate for sure. That defense was off to a red hot start. Parsons can only do so much. Not having Diggs sucks though. That's the guy you know you can count on to come up with a splash play here and there.

(09-21-2023, 04:21 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 04:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ouch, huge blow to the Cowgirls D

Yeah. That's unfortunate for sure. That defense was off to a red hot start. Parsons can only do so much. Not having Diggs sucks though. That's the guy you know you can count on to come up with a splash play here and there.

Honestly don’t think it hurts them all that much.

(09-21-2023, 06:39 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 04:21 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah. That's unfortunate for sure. That defense was off to a red hot start. Parsons can only do so much. Not having Diggs sucks though. That's the guy you know you can count on to come up with a splash play here and there.

Yeah, losing one of the best corners in the game doesn't hurt that much lol

Nice seeing Kittle and Juszyck being lined up together conceptually. Good play designs in San Francisco.

Bosa completely left unchecked. Bolts for Jones for an easy sack.

(09-21-2023, 08:43 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Nice seeing Kittle and Juszyck being lined up together conceptually. Good play designs in San Francisco.

Agreed

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2023, 12:34 AM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-21-2023, 07:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 06:39 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Honestly don’t think it hurts them all that much.

Yeah, losing one of the best corners in the game doesn't hurt that much lol

LOL.  Makes big plays but gets burned PLENTY.  I live out here nitwit.  But act like you know what you’re talking about.  Oh…I forgot…LOL

I guess we’ll see who’s right.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2023, 06:57 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-22-2023, 12:13 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 07:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah, losing one of the best corners in the game doesn't hurt that much lol

LOL.  Makes big plays but gets burned PLENTY.  I live out here nitwit.  But act like you know what you’re talking about.  Oh…I forgot…LOL

I guess we’ll see who’s right.

Ooohhhhh, you live out there ......  lol

https://x.com/PFF/status/1704118150936379770?s=20

They will still have a good defense with Parsons, Lawrence, and Gimore but they won't have the best defense in the league anymore without Diggs and this likely kills there chance at a SB. Their defense was elite before the Diggs injury

Oh.... The Giants got duped by Daniel Jones like the Jags did Bortles?....

No one could have seen that coming....

(09-21-2023, 04:21 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah. That's unfortunate for sure. That defense was off to a red hot start. Parsons can only do so much. Not having Diggs sucks though. That's the guy you know you can count on to come up with a splash play here and there.

Assuming that the pass rush negates the need for shutdown DBs? I can dig it.

(09-21-2023, 08:43 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Nice seeing Kittle and Juszyck being lined up together conceptually. Good play designs in San Francisco.

That stood out to me as I was watching last night. They do a good job playing to their strengths, and most importantly, catering to Brock Purdy's skill set (and height). That's a fun offense to watch.

(09-22-2023, 09:04 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Oh.... The Giants got duped by Daniel Jones like the Jags did Bortles?....

No one could have seen that coming....

Paid the wrong dude, and hoo doggie the rest of that team offensively is hot buttered backside.

The SF offense is good. Their fan fighting skills, not so good. 

https://x.com/T_Stephenson1/status/17050...23173?s=20

https://x.com/T_Stephenson1/status/17050...98512?s=20

It's the cowgirls. Who really cares? I mean, it's unfortunate for Diggs, but the cowgirls as a whole? Add it to the I Couldn't Care Less list.

(09-22-2023, 09:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

That stood out to me as I was watching last night. They do a good job playing to their strengths, and most importantly, catering to Brock Purdy's skill set (and height). That's a fun offense to watch.

I enjoyed watching SF, words I never thought I'd say. Lol. 

I hope Doug P can employ this elsewhere as a way to get around our O-line. I don't know how specifically but he's gotta find a way. Hopefully last Sunday was just a hiccup and we're moving onward and upward from here.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2023, 01:30 PM by Caldrac.)

https://youtu.be/aE9i1lq7cZg?si=0Gcb-sIDa9FcXmeY

I know Agnew isn't Hill fast. Most guys dont have that speed. But, the motion concepts are nice there in McDaniel's schemes.

Would like to see Agnew get used more this way instead of just in the screen stuff and jet's stuff behind the line.

Why not use his speed mid motion to our advantage?