Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
10th Annual TWITAFCS - Week 3

Good morning, denizens of the Jungle!

So after many blitzed to an early 3-0 start, a pair of toss-up games involving the top and bottom of the AFCS brought a few of us back to the middle ground. In similar fashion, the AFCS features a 3-way tie for first, with zero perfect squads just two weeks into the season. The Jags pushed the defending SB champs to their limit, and ultimately lost a close contest at home. A battle of AFCS rooks resulted in a win for Minshew Mania. Oh yeah, the tacks also played and as a result, Chargers coach Brandon Staley has super-glued his can to the hotseat after failing to get the bolts a win.

On to this week's slate...

tinhorns @ DUVAL: The home opener wasn't what we wanted, but going toe to toe with a top team is encouraging when the other 2 of your first three foes are starting rookies and first year coaches. This should be a get-right game, but we all know that the tinhorns always play up to their teal-clad foes.

tacks @ CLE: The tacks are playing close games every week, and so far have split their results. The Browns have to reassess their offense now that one of the best RB in the game ended his season in gruesome fashion against their bitter rivals. Home field advantage may not be enough for the Dawg Pound to celebrate a win.

indynoplace @ BAL: Richardson has yet to finish a game this season. Does his game change as he attempts to protect his well-being? The Ravens are 2-0, but their opponents are a combined 0-4. Are they for real, or are they getting a sprinter's start to the marathon that is the NFL season? 

I have a feeling this will be a week where many of us pick along the same lines, not much opportunity to propel oneself above the rest of the competition. Regardless, best of luck to everyone!

------------------------------------

Here's my picks, currently 5-1 after a 2-1 weekend:

DUVAL 34 tinhorns 17: Bad pass defense against TLaw and the Jags' receivers should be a recipe for Duval success. The D gets a score as they welcome Stroud to the Bank.

tacks 20 CLE 13: Another squeaker for the tacks, Watson is unable to carry the team on his back.

BAL 31 indy 19: Like the Jags, the Ravens D enjoys their second matchup against a rook already this season. They give Richardson headaches, but none requiring concussion protocol. Lamar shows the kid how it's done.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

4-2

Also going with OP’s picks.

Jags 
Tacks
Ravens
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

4-2

Jags
Browns
Ravens

Browns looked terrible Monday night but they still have a solid d and I think the masseusaphile will find a way to turn it around with Chubb out.

5-1

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsHvwTq1FNrbolfe6Ls9x...w&usqp=CAU]

[Image: t_450x450.jpg?v=1650131871]

[Image: edgar-allen-poe-ink-drawing-1-jpg.webp?f...C450&ssl=1]

2-1 overall

Jaguars over Texans
Titans over Browns
Ravens over Colts
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Jags
Browns
Ravens

Going with the following for week three:

Jaguars over tinhorns
Browns over tacks
Ravens over clots
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Jags
Titans
Ravens
4-2 overall

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Jags
Browns
Ravens

Jags
Browns
Ravens

Last week:   0 - 3

Overall:        3 - 3

"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

5-1

Jaguars
Browns
Ravens

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Last week 1-2
Season 4-2

Jaguars
Browns
Ravens
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

5-1over all.   This week ill go with 

Tittians

Ravens

Jags

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Okay here are my picks for this week. For the year so far I'm 4-2 and need a good bounce back week.

Jags over Texans

Ravens over Colts

Browns over Titans

Jaguars over Texans
Ravens over Colts
Titans over Browns

Last week:  1-2
Overall:  3-3
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

5-1
Jags
Browns
Ravens

Last week 1-2
4-2 overall

Jags
Browns
Ravens

I feel like I've been straight homer picking for 3 weeks but these matchups just haven't felt very favorable for the rest of the AFCS teams
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

3-3

Jaguars
Browns
Ravens

(09-20-2023, 09:50 AM)Mikey Wrote: Good morning, denizens of the Jungle!

So after many blitzed to an early 3-0 start, a pair of toss-up games involving the top and bottom of the AFCS brought a few of us back to the middle ground. In similar fashion, the AFCS features a 3-way tie for first, with zero perfect squads just two weeks into the season. The Jags pushed the defending SB champs to their limit, and ultimately lost a close contest at home. A battle of AFCS rooks resulted in a win for Minshew Mania. Oh yeah, the tacks also played and as a result, Chargers coach Brandon Staley has super-glued his can to the hotseat after failing to get the bolts a win.

On to this week's slate...

tinhorns @ DUVAL: The home opener wasn't what we wanted, but going toe to toe with a top team is encouraging when the other 2 of your first three foes are starting rookies and first year coaches. This should be a get-right game, but we all know that the tinhorns always play up to their teal-clad foes.

tacks @ CLE: The tacks are playing close games every week, and so far have split their results. The Browns have to reassess their offense now that one of the best RB in the game ended his season in gruesome fashion against their bitter rivals. Home field advantage may not be enough for the Dawg Pound to celebrate a win.

indynoplace @ BAL: Richardson has yet to finish a game this season. Does his game change as he attempts to protect his well-being? The Ravens are 2-0, but their opponents are a combined 0-4. Are they for real, or are they getting a sprinter's start to the marathon that is the NFL season? 

I have a feeling this will be a week where many of us pick along the same lines, not much opportunity to propel oneself above the rest of the competition. Regardless, best of luck to everyone!

------------------------------------

Here's my picks, currently 5-1 after a 2-1 weekend:

DUVAL 34 tinhorns 17: Bad pass defense against TLaw and the Jags' receivers should be a recipe for Duval success. The D gets a score as they welcome Stroud to the Bank.

tacks 20 CLE 13: Another squeaker for the tacks, Watson is unable to carry the team on his back.

BAL 31 indy 19: Like the Jags, the Ravens D enjoys their second matchup against a rook already this season. They give Richardson headaches, but none requiring concussion protocol. Lamar shows the kid how it's done.

1-2 last week (and for the season since I didn’t pick week 1)

Tacks
Jags
Ravens

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

4-2 overall, I'll take

Jags
Browns
Ravens