Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Beachum starts the season at LT, Joeckel at LG

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2016, 12:10 PM by BritishJag.)

https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/77...9177317377

Edit: Hopefully Jockel is better than Joeckel  :whistling:

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Oh wonderful.

Welp

Welp

we in trouble.

No real surprise here. I just hope Joeckel improves over Sunday night's "performance".

"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

What happened with RT?

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

I'm surprised this team didn't give a guy like Chris Reed a legitimate chance at the LG position, I thought he played well in week 1 of the preseason & would like to see more of him. The coaches are obviously around the players more than anyone, but it didn't seem like an actual "competition", which this organization preaches so often. We'll see how Luke holds up at LG, I don't think he has the functional strength to play that position but here's to hoping he proves me wrong.

Thank god Beachum is healthy

;

;

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2016, 12:20 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Personally, I'd like to see Joeckel retire for the year and focus on the schedule below.

[Image: 18.jpg]

Quote:Personally, I'd like to see Joeckel retire for the year and focus on the schedule below.

[Image: 18.jpg]

Haha, it wouldn't hurt.

Quote:I'm surprised this team didn't give a guy like Chris Reed a legitimate chance at the LG position, I thought he played well in week 1 of the preseason & would like to see more of him. The coaches are obviously around the players more than anyone, but it didn't seem like an actual "competition", which this organization preaches so often. We'll see how Luke holds up at LG, I don't think he has the functional strength to play that position but here's to hoping he proves me wrong.
I'm pretty sure Joeckel was always going to play LG no matter what if Beachum was back in time. They made a big investment in him and this is his final year to prove anything to them so they're gambling that he can get good at guard this year. Wouldn't surprise me to see him benched by week 8 if he's stinking up the place but they'll give him time to get used to play guard.

No surprise. Beachum was signed to play LT. There was no competition for the position. The team knows what they have in LJ.

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:I'm pretty sure Joeckel was always going to play LG no matter what if Beachum was back in time. They made a big investment in him and this is his final year to prove anything to them so they're gambling that he can get good at guard this year. Wouldn't surprise me to see him benched by week 8 if he's stinking up the place but they'll give him time to get used to play guard.

I get the reason why they gave the job to him, trying to salvage something out of the investment they made, it's understandable. I guess ultimately I'd like to see more competition, let the best man win regardless of draft position etc..., that's what makes Seattle so great. We'll see how it pans out, it wouldn't surprise me either if he's benched by week 8, you know the Texans are going to line JJ Watt inside right over Joeckel, that could get ugly...

I'm fine with it. Let Luke and Malik battle all practice to help Luke out and get ready for GB.

Neither will be playing Thursday, so we can put away the torches and pitchforks until Green Bay.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

On the bright side I'd rather have a weak guard than a weak left tackle.  We're just shifting the risk over to a slightly lower impact area.

Joeckel and Beachum wont play in the last preseason game

I understand Beachum, he showed he is fine, but why the heck is Joeckel not playing, the dude was on his rear end half the night, he needs more reps at LG

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Wasnt this expected? Ijs..

Quote:Neither will be playing Thursday, so we can put away the torches and pitchforks until Green Bay.

If Beachum does not play Thursday, who will?