Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Beachum starts the season at LT, Joeckel at LG

Quote:Joeckel and Beachum wont play in the last preseason game

I understand Beachum, he showed he is fine, but why the heck is Joeckel not playing, the dude was on his rear end half the night, he needs more reps at LG
On his rear half the night? Come on...Who said Joeckel wouldn't get reps at LG? Pretty sure Bradley's presser stated otherwise.

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:On his rear half the night? Come on...Who said Joeckel wouldn't get reps at LG? Pretty sure Bradley's presser stated otherwise.

Exactly. There is a BIG difference between not starting and not playing.

Quote:On his rear half the night? Come on...Who said Joeckel wouldn't get reps at LG? Pretty sure Bradley's presser stated otherwise.
Bradley said he wont play thursday, which is what i'm talking about, why throw him out there in week one at LG when he looked like crap in his first game at LG without playing in another preseason game

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:If Beachum does not play Thursday, who will?

Someone else.

What's wrong with some of you.

They aren't playing.  Others will play instead.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Bradley said he wont play thursday, which is what i'm talking about, why throw him out there in week one at LG when he looked like crap in his first game at LG without playing in another preseason game
No, I agree with ya, he should get reps. I could have sworn Bradley's last presser said some starters would get a few reps or at least it wasn't out of the realm of possibility. Of course this was after the obligatory, " Um, well, we'll look at the film...".

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:If Beachum does not play Thursday, who will?
Great point! I think we forfeit if Beachum doesn't play.

Joeckel. Roids. Now.

Quote:I'm surprised this team didn't give a guy like Chris Reed a legitimate chance at the LG position, I thought he played well in week 1 of the preseason & would like to see more of him. The coaches are obviously around the players more than anyone, but it didn't seem like an actual "competition", which this organization preaches so often. We'll see how Luke holds up at LG, I don't think he has the functional strength to play that position but here's to hoping he proves me wrong.

Good question. I'm sure it has nothing at all to do with Joeckel's $6.75 mil cap hit and is purely a football decision.

'02

RIP Bortles

Worse Left guard Luke Joeckel or Zane Beadles?haha

Quote:Worse Left guard Luke Joeckel or Zane Beadles?haha

Stay tuned.

Quote:Worse Left guard Luke Joeckel or Zane Beadles?haha

Joeckel reminds me of Mike Brewster the way he gets knocked on his [BLEEP] every few plays.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Joeckel reminds me of Mike Brewster the way he gets knocked on his [BAD WORD REMOVED] every few plays.

It hasn't been every few plays. Come on now.

Luke still has some work to do, but he's already better than Zane from everything I've seen out of both.

'02

Start Henne.

Quote:It hasn't been every few plays. Come on now.

Luke still has some work to do, but he's already better than Zane from everything I've seen out of both.

Did Beadles only end up on his [BLEEP] 2 times a game?

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2016, 09:49 AM by rollerjag.)

Quote:Exactly. There is a BIG difference between not starting and not playing.

On his rear ONCE while playing guard, after tripping over Linder's foot.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]