Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We need to sweep London

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2023, 07:44 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 4 times in total.)

Teams starting 1-4 historically have a 13% chance of making the playoffs.
2-3 starters have a 30% chance.

Last year we were an extreme statistical anomaly (2% after starting 3-7). Unless we get another epic collapse like the Titans provided us last year, then the odds are against us.

Kind of like a golf tournament; you cant win it in the 1st round, but you can def lose it.

The Colts will most likey be 3-2 when they come to Jax. We need the sweep to keep up.

https://operations.nfl.com/gameday/analy...-playoffs/
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Looking at the long game and advancement percentages is going to be very bleak for this team moving forward.

They've dug a hole.

The odds of leaving London with even one win are dubious unless they clean up the unforced errors - refocus game-planning strategy - and have a few balls bounce their way.

At this point - my expectations for the season have shifted and I'm just focused on whether or not they can transform themselves back into a competitive team again before the bye-week.

I think we will see improvement next game. I remarked on here before that Press Taylor’s play calling is not only bad, but it seems to have an effect on the team. They’re not buying into it and it shows in their performance. There’s a discombobulation in the offensive mechanics that is difficult to pin on one thing, but you can see it.

Once Doug reasserts control, the team will fall in line.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023, 09:41 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

We'll lose to the Falcons and then beat the Bills because making no sense makes all the sense in the world in these parts especially at this particular time. Also, to the statistical playoff chances quoted above, that doesn't account for a team playing in a weak division, so I wouldn't get caught up in them. I still think it will bear out that the ship will get righted and that we're still the best team in this division.

This is flimsy coming off such a pitiful performance, but weird things happen frequently in the first several weeks of the season. Teams aren't who they are or will be later in the season on a regular basis year in and year out. Pre-season wins and losses and individual performances during it are meaningless and some teams come out of it less prepared and ready than others. It's a long season and narratives change, streaks both good and bad occur for many "good" teams. I don't see a lack of talent and I don't see "me first" guys on the roster. I think pride and talent will eventually overcome, I'm just not sure if it's this week.

(09-25-2023, 09:40 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: We'll lose to the Falcons and then beat the Bills because making no sense makes all the sense in the world in these parts especially at this particular time.  Also, to the statistical playoff chances quoted above, that doesn't account for a team playing in a weak division, so I wouldn't get caught up in them.  I still think it will bear out that the ship will get righted and that we're still the best team in this division.

This is flimsy coming off such a pitiful performance, but weird things happen frequently in the first several weeks of the season.  Teams aren't who they are or will be later in the season on a regular basis year in and year out.  Pre-season wins and losses and individual performances during it are meaningless and some teams come out of it less prepared and ready than others.  It's a long season and narratives change, streaks both good and bad occur for many "good" teams.  I don't see a lack of talent and I don't see "me first" guys on the roster.  I think pride and talent will eventually overcome, I'm just not sure if it's this week.

I hear you, and agree with most of what you say.  I think it might be too early to assume we are in a weak division. We also dont want to get on the losing side of a streak that makes it impossible to catch up after improving and jelling as a team.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Last year, I felt like we had finally broken through and I didn't think 3rd down was a death sentence.

This year, it's like we're right back where we belong. We're the worst on 3rd down in the league. It's like everything looks hard for us. I don't know what to pin it on, but the offense is completely out of sync.

I think the season's over if we lose to the Falcons. I really, really do.

This season has a bad, foreboding feel to it. I hope I’m wrong of course.

(09-25-2023, 10:12 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: Last year, I felt like we had finally broken through and I didn't think 3rd down was a death sentence.

This year, it's like we're right back where we belong.  We're the worst on 3rd down in the league.  It's like everything looks hard for us.  I don't know what to pin it on, but the offense is completely out of sync.

I think the season's over if we lose to the Falcons.  I really, really do.

Most of us felt this way prior to last year's London game... so...

We're taking the saying "put the broom thru it" literally

If we're going to lose I hope we are at least competitive... we got dumped by Houston and it looked embarrassing.

Mission accomplished. Now we face a Colts team that we have owned at home recently with our former QB as the starter. Should be interesting.