Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 4 Games

You know what I like about the Lions? EVERY SINGLE PLAY, they fight for extra yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Really good at finishing on 3rd downs

(09-28-2023, 09:26 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Hutch has shown to be worthy of the 2nd overall pick even with the amount of gimmies he sees come his way. Travon, to date, has not been worth the 1st overall. The book on both is not yet complete though. Walker has 4 TFLs and 1 sack in 3 games so far this year. It's not bad, but it needs to be better and it needs to involve getting to the QB more regularly. Would be nice if he, out of the blue, had a monster game this weekend.

I think there’s a difference in complaining about the pick and complaining about the player. It was pure hubris to pick him and then say you’re going to use him at a position he’s never played. He was a beast of a lineman at UGA. But even though he has the measurables to play OLB, he was great at doing his thing. Use him that way!

Fix the O-Line!

(09-28-2023, 09:13 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Lions looking good

(09-28-2023, 08:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Even when our defense has good coverage, Walker still isn't even able to come up with a sack.  You still have to be able to get to the QB and bring home down

He is your favourite isn't he

I actually liked him coming out.  I didn't want him at one but he was one of the guys I liked.

The base 4-3 just looks better to me. At least it looks good the way it’s being played tonight.

Fix the O-Line!

Entire Lions DL is feasting

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2023, 09:45 PM by jaglyn.)

Looks like the Lions picked up where they left off last season, and could be even more improved

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2023, 09:56 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-28-2023, 09:32 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-28-2023, 09:26 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Hutch has shown to be worthy of the 2nd overall pick even with the amount of gimmies he sees come his way.  Travon, to date, has not been worth the 1st overall.  The book on both is not yet complete though.  Walker has 4 TFLs and 1 sack in 3 games so far this year.  It's not bad, but it needs to be better and it needs to involve getting to the QB more regularly.  Would be nice if he, out of the blue, had a monster game this weekend.

I think there’s a difference in complaining about the pick and complaining about the player. It was pure hubris to pick him and then say you’re going to use him at a position he’s never played. He was a beast of a lineman at UGA. But even though he has the measurables to play OLB, he was great at doing his thing. Use him that way!

Yeah I know and I have no hate for Walker and have been somewhat of an apologist for him.   If I had the option of having the personnel for and deploying a very good 4-3 vs a very good 3-4 I'd choose the 4-3.  I'd rather see Walker in a full time 4-3 DE role with occasional DT usage.  

I was very skeptical of Hutch during the draft process because all I saw was motor which is still his biggest asset, but he captializes on the gimme opportunities and has strengthened up and developed some moves to create his own opportunities.  Walker flashes at times, but mostly looks like he's running drills against the sled.  He's definitely behind in a head to head comparison, but like I said, it's still too early to call the pick bad but it's definitely leaning that way. Hoping for that Miyagi "wax on wax off" bulb to turn on in Walker's head soon.

Branch just popped his Achilles, that sucks man.

(09-28-2023, 09:40 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: The base 4-3 just looks better to me. At least it looks good the way it’s being played tonight.

In over simplified terms, a good 4-3 requires really talented and rare individuals at the key positions.  A good 3-4 is more scheme and deception oriented and is easier to find players for in my opinion aside from having the right type of body at NT.  It's hard to find that elite 4-3 pass rushing DE, let alone 2 of them, but when you do I think a very good 4-3 is much harder to play against.

(09-28-2023, 10:02 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Branch just popped his Achilles, that sucks man.

Yeah. He’s been playing very well.

Fix the O-Line!

GB trying to make a game of it?

(09-28-2023, 10:03 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-28-2023, 10:02 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Branch just popped his Achilles, that sucks man.

Yeah. He’s been playing very well.

Look like it’s just a sprain.

Fix the O-Line!

(09-28-2023, 10:18 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-28-2023, 10:03 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Yeah. He’s been playing very well.

Look like it’s just a sprain.

Lets hope

Well, they’ve made it a game. Here I was wanting to go to bed…

Fix the O-Line!

The fact that Branch is back on the field is amazing. They must have gave him the good, good stuff in the back.

Well, that should seal it. Now I can go to bed. Lol

Fix the O-Line!

The Lions are what we thought the Jags would be.

(09-28-2023, 10:58 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: The Lions are what we thought the Jags would be.

No kidding.

It was enjoyable tonite watching a real pass rusher at work.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption