Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 4 Games

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2023, 08:56 AM by Mikey.)

(09-28-2023, 08:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-28-2023, 08:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hutch with a sack already

Was nothing impressive about that sack besides the coverage. Total coverage sack. Love had no where to go with the ball and held it. Only reason Hutch got home there.

HE STILL GOT HOME. That's priority #1 for an edge rusher.

(09-28-2023, 08:55 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-28-2023, 08:38 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Part of a it is how Detroit uses Hutch. All he does is rush the passer. You don’t see this crap of dropping him in coverage.

But the other is that  Hutchinson just has a higher motor. He is putting forth max effort on every play. Last game it looked like our defenders were sleepwalking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They also move him inside and outside, which I wish we would do with Walker more. Problem is our depth behind him at OLB is garbage so it's hard to put him inside.

/looks at Detroit's depth chart
//looks at Duval's depth chart

am I missing something?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-28-2023, 10:58 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: The Lions are what we thought the Jags would be.

Words hurt, man.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2023, 06:00 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-29-2023, 08:53 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-28-2023, 08:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Was nothing impressive about that sack besides the coverage. Total coverage sack. Love had no where to go with the ball and held it. Only reason Hutch got home there.

(09-28-2023, 08:55 PM)Eric1 Wrote: They also move him inside and outside, which I wish we would do with Walker more. Problem is our depth behind him at OLB is garbage so it's hard to put him inside.

am I missing something?

Yup, there has been plenty of times where our coverage is great and the QB has all day to throw and Walker still can't get home and get the sack

(09-29-2023, 08:53 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-28-2023, 08:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Was nothing impressive about that sack besides the coverage. Total coverage sack. Love had no where to go with the ball and held it. Only reason Hutch got home there.

(09-28-2023, 08:55 PM)Eric1 Wrote: They also move him inside and outside, which I wish we would do with Walker more. Problem is our depth behind him at OLB is garbage so it's hard to put him inside.

am I missing something?

Depth chart doesn't mean jack when the first string can't get the job done.

This is a bizarre, and a little sinister. 

https://x.com/H_Grove/status/1708483706485121259?s=20

Broncos D is making the Bears offense look competent!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Tacks putting it on the Bengals right now.

Fix the O-Line!

(10-01-2023, 02:02 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Broncos D is making the Bears offense look competent!

I'm surprised.

The Broncos have a defense?
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(10-01-2023, 02:23 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 02:02 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Broncos D is making the Bears offense look competent!

I'm surprised.

No!

Sean Payton is overrated. Defense stinks. Line can’t protect. No running game. But Russ is the problem!

Fix the O-Line!

Fields looking like a 1st round pick! Playing lights out today.

Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 03:17 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(10-01-2023, 02:44 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 02:23 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: I'm surprised.

No!

Sean Payton is overrated. Defense stinks. Line can’t protect. No running game. But Russ is the problem!

Sean Payton is barely average without an elite QB. Never understood what the big deal about him was.

Miami back down to earth this week.

Should have banked 40 of those pts last week for today.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I know the phins defense are not above average in pass defense, but this buffalo offense is going to be tough next week.
Ugh

Unfortunately - their defensive front is also likely to dominate our OL.

Buckle up Jags fans

(10-01-2023, 02:52 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Fields looking like a 1st round pick! Playing lights out today.

Spoke too soon...
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Seeing what the Bills are doing to the Dolphins right now does not bode well for us next week.

Here's to hoping the jet lag they might experience makes a difference lol.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 03:37 PM by I am Yoda.)

(10-01-2023, 03:29 PM)enigma Wrote: Seeing what the Bills are doing to the Dolphins right now does not bode well for us next week.

They are laying the hurt on the dolphins! But is it because the Fins’ defense isn’t that good?

(10-01-2023, 03:29 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 02:52 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Fields looking like a 1st round pick! Playing lights out today.

Spoke too soon...

He’s looking strong this drive…

Fix the O-Line!

(10-01-2023, 03:37 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 03:29 PM)enigma Wrote: Seeing what the Bills are doing to the Dolphins right now does not bode well for us next week.

They are laying the hurt on the dolphins!  But is it because the Fins’ defense isn’t that good?

It could be, but I'm actually more worried about their defense against our swiss-cheese offensive line.

It's going to be a long day for our offense if we can't protect TLaw because the Bills defense can generate pressure from a variety of positions on the line.

Wow, Eberflus is a bad coach...is Mike Ditka still alive?

(10-01-2023, 03:45 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Wow, Eberflus is a bad coach...is Mike Ditka still alive?
Yeah. Never liked that move in Chicago. Felt bad for Fields.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 04:37 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

Holy cow. Washington turned this into a game.

Valiant effort by the team with the lamest mascot name in the NFL.

Cowboys making Belicheck unhappy...Wink
A new broom always sweeps clean.